It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Do aliens have eye-lids?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm curious. For those of you who have been up close to the aliens with huge eyes, does ET have eyelids? Do they blink? This is not a trick question.

[edit on 3/10/2006 by highhorse313]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Why wouldn't they? I mean if my belief (and that the source of information is accurate) humans are made by 13 different species of Humanoid beings........ so their characteristics...would ultimately be our characteristics....

Thus two arms, two legs etc.. etc..

Here's a couple of questions that make me believe what I do........ why are some humans born with a tail....... why are some humans born with many nipples.....why are ALL humans born with a 'reptilian' brain stem, why are there more and more androgynous humans being born, and why are some autistic people exceptional intelligent people, (artists, musicians, mathematicians etc...) Here's a clue....and its rather obvious...but its all got to do with the origins and subsequent alteration of human DNA.

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
With an eyeball that large (33% of their face), I would think blinking often would be necessary. I'm assuming their eye is constructed like a human eye with liquid tears and membrane covering the visual muscle itself. Dust must be a huge problem for them.

They must come from a dark place, don't you think?

Also, I find it curious that abductees and contactees never mention the actual blinking of ET's gigantic eyes. It must be a sight to see. Have you ever watched an owl blink?

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Maybe its multi-faceted like a bee's eye and they can shut down a percentage of its facets in bright light situations. The things already look bug-like to me anyway.

NC

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
So, there's no membrane with tears covering their eye? Is it more like a transparent hard cover over the eye?

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
You talkin' to me?

I don't know. I was offering an idea. Bees and flies and other insects of that sort have no eyelid or need of tears. If they aren't apparent on an alien....maybe their eyes are constructed like some bugs.

NC

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Good point, NotClever, and yes, I was talking to you since you were kind enough to respond. Duh, I hadn't thought to compare ET's eye with that of an insect...

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Can I add something here?

The greys actually have bright blue eyes with large pupils that are not very good in strong light. The black membrane is like an astronauts face shield and can be thrown across the eye rapidly to shut out light, or just as an eyelid would but blinking from the outwards in not down / up like a human.

How do I know? well I got face to face with one in a 3 million candle power beam. They blue eyes near glowed in the light and the black lid shot across and then it fled. This face to face was winter 2003 at about 11 pm at night.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Greetings Fellow Believers,

There are not "...13 different species of humans" on Earth. The evolution of Humankind (noting that outside influence isn't ruled out) had basically been parallel except for minor racial attributes. Some extreme physical malformations are generally within isolated populations.

You cannot call physical variations immediately as a different species. Even to this day...every male and female around the world can have intercourse and breed--unless isolated physical abnormalities prevent copulation. There are sufficient social dogmas around the globe that discourage family inbreeding.

However--there is a physical abnormality that is blossoming in the population. The "dental set" for Homo Sapiens is "2-1-2-3". A new dental set is "2-1-2-2". The next time you visit a dentist--ask him/her about this phenomenon. This is indeed a variation signifying an evolutionary change.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You get my vote for the most bizarre question ever. Of course they have eye lids, how else would they wink at other attractive aliens?

Seriously, how would they block fine particles from harming their eyes. Since every organizm with eyes on earth evolved eyelids (that I am aware of) it would only be logical to conclude that it is a common trait everywhere.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
You get my vote for the most bizarre question ever. Of course they have eye lids, how else would they wink at other attractive aliens?

Seriously, how would they block fine particles from harming their eyes. Since every organizm with eyes on earth evolved eyelids (that I am aware of) it would only be logical to conclude that it is a common trait everywhere.

The bizarre question thing?...you just wait.

Insects don't have eyelids. Insects are by far the most numerous creatures in our biosphere with tremendous diversity. Its a common trait for earth bound mammals but certainly not a sure thing for an alien species.

Anyway, MadGreebo answered part of the question with a first-hand account.

NC

[edit on 10-3-2006 by NotClever]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So ya'll think my question about aliens having eyelids is bizarre? Ha! Remember the forum you're in, please!

Contactees and abductees who have communicated with ET should clearly remember if they had eyelids and if they blinked. How hard is that?

Also, why are the eyes so large? Do they come from a very dark environment?

[edit on 3/10/2006 by highhorse313]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I personally doubt what people report as Greys are infact seeing their true faces. Its IMO just a full body suit they wear

Think a few hundred or thousands years more advanced version of this

If a cave man saw this he might think these creatures have only a single large un-blinking eye.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
High horse and shadow please read my above posting.

Its uncanny you mentioned the astronaut, because thats like what happened when it got 3 million candle power in the face. the black lids snapped over real fast to cover the bright blue eyes!

The thing ran across the garden, and vaulted a nine foot fence like i'd vault a two foot one! Its one of those things the family laughs at over dinner, because we never figured out just what the hell it was doing in my mum and dads back garden! (unless it was stealing fruit from the orchard ... lol )

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Interesting account mabgreebo

The amazing physical feat interests me a great deal. Clearing a nine foot fence with little effort. Now if its built any way like a mammal that should biomechanically be impossible judging from reports of its often described broomstick like limbs.

Thats unless some type of powered exoskeleton is being used. Thats not impossible for any advanced race since we are already working on them.

if thats not the case it would suggest some radicaly different biology from us and most life on earth perhaps more akin to insects which can preform amazing physical feats for thier body size.

[edit on 10-3-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Shadow, the thing that struck us all was it had only two toes - one was huge and wide, the other was smaller and narrow .. Like an ostrich toe. The skin was super smooth to look at with a bluey white hue to it.

Im convinced they are insectile in nature, because they are SO thin in the limbs its almost unbelievable. A human would just snap at the first sign of motion!

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
From what little I understand about how earth's gravity works to actually strengthen human bones, perhaps ET is a lightweight because he/she didn't originate here on earth or has not inhabited this planet for thousands of years. But that wouldn't preclude them from having great strength to easily bound over a fence. If they got all the way here, they can do anything.

Maybe there is something to the idea that ET as we have come to know him (a creature with large eyes that evidently blink like a space helmet closing), small nose and mouth is actually some sort of robot or drone sent to earth to do lab work and take samples.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by highhorse313
From what little I understand about how earth's gravity works to actually strengthen human bones, perhaps ET is a lightweight because he/she didn't originate here on earth or has not inhabited this planet for thousands of years. But that wouldn't preclude them from having great strength to easily bound over a fence. If they got all the way here, they can do anything.

Any creature that evolved on a high gravity planet would most likely have a much stockier and denser builds then earth life to from the way we understand biomechanics. They would be able to jump much higher on a low gravity planet like earth though the same way you could jump higher on say the moon.

If it evolved in a lower G or zero G enviroment any weight saving it would have saved by developing lighter bones would be outweighed as they snapped like twigs under earths gravity.

Its not impossible since we are talking about alien biology but from what we understand of biomechanics it shouldnt work like that

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Of course anything is possible when we are discussing an unknown and unproven being like ET. Evidently, their bones don't break when they leap over fences so they have some chemical or enzyme that prevents brittleness.

Look, we are talking about unknowns at this point so all I'm doing is trying to make it fit with what witnesses have told us. Witnesses say these creatures are lightweights with slender arms and legs (insect-like, some say) with huge eyes that don't blink (like an insect) or blink sideways much like a visor on a space-helmet. Are they wearing a total body suit perhaps? That would go along ways toward explaining having or not having eye-lids.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I wasnt trying to shoot down your theory sorry if I made it seem like that. Just that it leads to me to believe that were are talking about some radically different organic structure from those we know or a organic design that is helped with a mechanical powered suit/exoskeleton or something to that effect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join