It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Categories, etc

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Fair enough, Umbrax. I am currently adding a list of the most commonly pointed out inconsistancies in the offical account. I shall also give a brief list of the most popular theories.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Check it out, Umbrax. it looks pretty damn good!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Smokin'

Far from a stub now

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think it would be nice to have index pages showing connections between the people we have biographies on. I see the logic of putting people in the categories they are connected to, but aside from that it would be helpful to also have a few "6 degrees" pages that can be linked to from the entries on the any of the figures who appear in that web.

For example, how nice would it be if from the George Bush entry, I could click into a chart that showed many people he had ties to, and linked to info on them, either internal or external.

I might try to build such a page in the near future to demonstrate what I mean. It might be tricky but I suspect I can do it by trial and error.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
i waas thinking how about a religon Category, that way we could put stuff like angels, demons and stuff in there as they seem kinda out of place in myths and legands

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the idea ronishia.

Keep in mind that tinWiki is a conspiracy/fringe subject related wiki-encyclopedia.

Having a religion category would open up tinWiki to all kinds of pages. There are many people on the net that would use such a category to push their own religion and we don't want that.
I think angels and demons are fine for the Myths, Legends and Beasts category. If there is a religious conspiracy that needs a page it will be fine in the Conspiracy Theories category.

As far as categories go we have decided (on page one of this thread) that less is better, but if you have an idea please bring it up anyway. Not everything is set in stone.

[edit on 14/6/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
On the other hand, articles on religions and how they relate to conspiracy might be intersting. We do have an entry on the gnostics. An angelology one might prove intersting, as well as one on the chasidim, wahhabism, etc. It just depends on how they are worded really.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Aircraft category? The two 9/11 flights, aurora, A-17, 2501 dissapearence, and the other articles and other soon to be articles.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
As I was reading TinWiki over this morning, I would like to see "Prophecies and Prophets" as a category (i.e., Nostradamus, Mother Shipton, etc.). I would also like a category on Astrology and Tarot. Maybe something like "Divination Arts"?

These are just suggestions. One of my most favorite subjects is "Prophecies and Prophets". After all, John Titor was one of the major reasons I found ATS in the first place!

Take care,

Ceci

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006
As I was reading TinWiki over this morning, I would like to see "Prophecies and Prophets" as a category (i.e., Nostradamus, Mother Shipton, etc.). I would also like a category on Astrology and Tarot. Maybe something like "Divination Arts"?

Take care,

Ceci

Hmm sounds an ok idea but we would have to ensure that the articles related to conspiracy etc and not fall into the ridiculous. i was weary of the sub catogery aircraft but there has turned out to be some good stuff there.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I think that "Prophecies and Prophets" and "Divination Arts" may work as sub-categories for the Paranormal category.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I agree, Umbrax.

I also think that Occult should be moved to a subcategory of the paranormal. Someone made a stub about the occult under cults. Occult definitely belongs in paranormal.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
tinwiki.org...

The Occult page has always been placed in three categories.
Paranormal Studies | Cults | Secret Societies

Clicking the history button will show who has contributed to an article.

If Occult were to be a sub-category, I agree it would be under the paranormal category.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
A sub-category for Beasts in Myths, legends, and Beasts? It seems kind of odd seeing "Black stone Pyramids" in with "Mothman"...

Just thinking.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hi, after reading much (but not all) of "sleepers" blog on his "coming clean about aliens", I noticed a recurring topic of categorizing the UFO info.

Has anyone considered using "J.Allen Hynecks" classifications that use the "close encounters" theme of dividing different stages of the UFO phenomenon. 1-3 commonly used but now expanded to six apparenly (sleeper would be 5, having supposed communications with aliens).

Encyclopedia of astronomy

A clear discription of which, would make it far easier to go straight to the subject matter of interest.

Seperate "hoax/hoaxers" titles should also be included and maybe sub-categories for video and written reports etc.

What say you?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think it is definitely a good idea worth considering. Maybe when we get more articles about ufo encounters we could make a seperate sub-category in the aliens and ufos category. Perhaps we should start with an article describing the classification system?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join