It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Movie based on a Comic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Use any Criteria that you like. I did enjoy the movie American Splendor but not sure that it counts...

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
American Splendor counts

Batman Begins was very good I thiught. Sin City is also up there.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I just recently (finally) saw Sin City, and that would have to be at the tops of my list. The original Batman movie is a classic, too, anythign Burton touches turns to gold...

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
American Splendor counts

Batman Begins was very good I thiught. Sin City is also up there.

I would say in my geekish opnion American Splendor would not count as its about the life of the writer as opposed to the actual content of his graphic art.

hehe but it was a great movie.

IMHO its gotta be sin city!!! its probably the only movie made where people saw and were like COOL! and where comic fans saw it and were like COol!
The movie showed that the format of the film doesn't have to fit into a hollywood type cookie-cutter format, It really did break some ground in the simple format of itself. Showing that people can appreciate and love something that isn't a simple hero+girl+stupid silly sidekick=crap people will pay to see.

but also the original superman movie with christopher reeves will always be up there, It was Epic dude

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
From what I've seen it's X2. Best script and acting I've seen so far.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I a prone to being an X-Men fan myself. I beleive all the movies are good however, the second movie in the serious is my fav. so far.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Ya, Sin City. Just too cool! Felt like you were sucked into a comic for real.

Amazing camera effects too.

[edit on 2006-4-24 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
hmmmmmmmm.
Personally i think X-2 was good but from what i have seen in X3 i think that will be by far the best in my book .
I like the fact they are introducing beast,collosus and my other 2 favs Archangel and ohhhhhhhhh yes THE SENTINELS.Awsome

Omega

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
'A History of Violence' blew me away. John Wagner's GN was amazing and Cronenbergs film, though altered somewhat, was incredible. This is a film that will be getting discussed in film studies for many years to come.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
GHOST WORLD!

Theres a new movie comming out by the guy who did ghost world, but I totally forgot what it was right now.. oh well..

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I'd have to go with the either the first Batman or Batman Begins. I'm a big Batman fan and really liked both movies.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
While I have all the respect in the world for the Burton "Batmans," Batman Begins, Ghost World , and the "X-Men" flicks, my vote would have to go to the two comic book adaptations directed by Guillermo del Toro: Blade II and Hellboy.

Not only does del Toro light his sets and compose his shots to bring a true comic book feel to his films, but he knows how to direct his actors to get a true "superheroic" performance out of them. Check out Wesley Snipes as Blade; even in repose, when he's not moving at all, or just coming out of a fight scene, he maintains a comic book-type pose (and without being corny about it.) The same with Ron Perlman, and that's under layers of makeup and prosthetics. The point is that del Toro, like all great comic book adaptation directors, is a great director to begin with, regardless of the genre he's working in.

If I had to choose which film, I guess I'd go with Blade II . So there.

Baack

new topics

top topics

join