It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Needed - photo analyst???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Since everyone seems to be in agreement that there is some validity to this picture, I have decided to host the full 3456x2304 size of the original. I managed to get the filesize down to under 2 MB. This should save a lot of individual emailling, etc.

----------------------Here it is.----------------------

Mind you this isn't the original file, I took the BMP and saved it as a JPG. If you want the stats though, it was taken on Dec. 11, 2005 at 6:08pm with a Canon EOS 350D Digital Camera.

If I may add one more thing that I forgot to say before, it's that the 'ghost' seems to have entirely white pupils. Although this may just be closed eyelids as well.

Knight, I bet a lot of people are looking for some follow-up pictures to compare with. If you are going to your nanna's house again any time soon (although I know you said your family doesn't get together that often), would you please try to re-take the picture standing in as close to the same spot as you can? Then try to take three more pictures, turning about 90 degrees each time, so we will have a 360 degree view of the room, the approximate size, things in the room that weren't visible in the picture, etc.

[edit on 10-3-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Nice work Yarcofin, and nice to see you again.

There are a few things not answered so far.. Firstly what is the hand sign the woman is making? Someone on the thread beleived it to be of significance. Secondly, what are the green "smudges" on a certain man's shirt?

I too agree that the second apparition is nothing but a window smudge.. yet the face is pretty shocking. Looks "young" to me, not quite human either. But that isn't to say it isn't human.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
You know exactly what she's doing. Hook 'Em Horns. The hand symbol favoured by Satanists and Illuminati around the world.

Just kidding Knight. No disrespect =).

I too believe the 'second face' is just looking into the photo too much. Like dozens of other less-concise 'ghost pictures', your mind just takes things and makes them out to be whatever you want to be. If you are looking for ghost faces in a picture, that's what your mind will create.

Okay actually in mid-post, I would like to change my stance on the second face to "OH #!!!!" Now that I invert the picture, I see exactly what you are talking about. In inversion, the face comes out too eerily real. On top of that, I found ANOTHER FACE. And the fact is, this thing is a demon if I ever saw one:

I URGE EVERYONE TO KEEP LOOKING INTO THE PICTURE. THERE IS EVEN MORE HIDING IN THIS THING THAN WE THINK.

I will coin the demon face "face 3". And I can guarantee you that even if the grandpa part is fake and the guy was in the room, there wasn't anybody dressed up as a demon hiding in the room.

Edit: Upon closer inspection, I suspect that the demon face is actually a chair. Sorry for the false alarm.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Here are the green smudges that SteveR is referring to.

Brightness and contrast have been enhanced. In the regular settings you can only see four smudges, but there are actually at least 6. Whatever they are.

Man, we've got the Where's Waldo of ghost pictures going on here.

And this may sound sort of weird, but I feel EXTREMELY cold all of a sudden. And you know what they say about ghost presences, etc. I dunno, maybe I'm just psyching myself out. But I certainly can't muster the courage to get a camera and take a picture of the mirror either

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Edit: Upon closer inspection, I suspect that the demon face is actually a chair. Sorry for the false alarm.

I was gonna say....

We must have been on the same brainwave yarcofin...I immediately inverted the image as well...

Did you see anything else odd? I did...

The face is heavily lit, which I find a little odd…It looks as though the onboard flash was clearly used in this photo…But the side profile face of “grandpa” is heavily….or should I say, “heavenly” lit…

Take for example this (very bad) photo of my friend….Taken with a 350D too…Driving full into the glaring setting sun in Florida…For those not sure what they’re looking at in the inverted version – Color values are reversed – Light is dark, dark is light….Heavy sunlight will be dark…

Now look at the side profile of grandpa inverted….

Wow…That’s some seriously heavy light….

However…The flipside to that is…It’s the reverberation of the flash striking a silver-backed mirror and catching the glare on that persons head…

Double whammie….

But make of that what you will…

[edit on 3/10/2006 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Dnt know if this is important, however if i was taking a photograph, i would usually try to take a photograph which is centralized. What I am trying to say, is if we have a closer look of the photograph, the left side area to be less than the right hand side.

I am not raising any questions on authenticity, just questions...

Secondly, if we look at the reflection in the mirror, there has to be two chandelers in the house and the mirror on the left of the picutre, which has captured a blurr image is obviously on the wall next to the picture and the black area could be an open door to another room. The point here which i am trying to raise is the person/ghost in the picture is standing near that end of the room, no were near the other family members, obviously because of the reflecting on the face. The reflection is from the second chandeler in the room. Why not near? No idea? We dnt know much about how ghost react or what they do?
The ghost face/person is obviously looking in the direction of the photographer. Why? No idea why? Why isnt he looking towards the family?

There could be answers but i could not figure them out and hence raised the questions. Nothing against the guy who produced it, it could be geniune.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This is a bunch of nonsense - grandma is in the photo doing the satanic salute and if you look at the last supper image on the wall - there is an image of satan next to one of the apostles. Someone is getting a great laugh over people actually believing that this is a photograph of a "ghost". Think about it - if there were such a thing as "ghosts" - they have no physical body - and hence could not be photographed. Anyhow - it is clear that this is a hoax.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The clock on the wall to the right says its 4:05, was'nt the time of the photo said to be 6:08pm?

Also the face in the mirror appears to be behind and infront of the relections of the people in the main focus. This is an inconsistancy, not an indication of a fake. However, the whole demonic salute and the image of the devil in the Last Supper make for warning bells.

[edit on 11/3/06 by subz]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Please people, please. This isnt a hoax, as I am not actually hoaxing anything. I have no point to prove, I was seeking help, and also someone with good photographic knowledge to give an explanation of sorts.

As for the satanic references, as well as being rather offended at the suggestions, there is also far far too much being looked into. There really is no hand symbol, its something that would never be done, and something which Im almost certain my nan wouldnt know the meaning of. There is no religion or spirituality in my family. The last supper references are redundant aswell, its simply a painting. The older generation regardless of religion etc posses a lot of these, the painting is Da Vinci's most famous. Its being looked at WAY too hard and having things drawn from it that just arent there. The head in the mirror is all I wanted to ask about.

The other thing is this. I know this is a board and I shouldnt take anything personal, but I am very offended and upset that 1 or 2 people believe I would expolit this situation and use it to hoax or have a laugh with it. That would make me disgusting. I am genuine, and the photo is as you see it, not hoaxed and with no satanic meanings etc. I must admit to harbouring some very hurt feelings at the moment.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knight783
Please people, please. This isnt a hoax, as I am not actually hoaxing anything. I have no point to prove, I was seeking help, and also someone with good photographic knowledge to give an explanation of sorts.

As for the satanic references, as well as being rather offended at the suggestions, there is also far far too much being looked into. There really is no hand symbol, its something that would never be done, and something which Im almost certain my nan wouldnt know the meaning of. There is no religion or spirituality in my family. The last supper references are redundant aswell, its simply a painting. The older generation regardless of religion etc posses a lot of these, the painting is Da Vinci's most famous. Its being looked at WAY too hard and having things drawn from it that just arent there. The head in the mirror is all I wanted to ask about.

The other thing is this. I know this is a board and I shouldnt take anything personal, but I am very offended and upset that 1 or 2 people believe I would expolit this situation and use it to hoax or have a laugh with it. That would make me disgusting. I am genuine, and the photo is as you see it, not hoaxed and with no satanic meanings etc. I must admit to harbouring some very hurt feelings at the moment.

Have just sent you a U2U regarding this as can well understand your feeling on what has happened.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
So where in the hell are all the pics? This whole thread has 2 pics. Whereas I agree that the one showing the profile of a man's face is intriguing, it is meaningless. I have seen thousands of photos of people's profiles. Where are these other "Cropped" and "enhanced" photos? None of the links work and the other supposed photos are simply photo boxes with x's in them. Nice work.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
After about a year of reliable hosting, all of the images on my FTP appear to have gone down. I'm not sure if this is a temporary thing because a huge amount of people were viewing the images, or if they shut me down because I was only using the site to store my photos.

Does anybody know a good host that won't remove me? Perhaps PhotoBucket or ImageShack or whatever it's called?

The weird thing is that all of my files are still there when I log in. I can open them and see them still. But the only way to display them is to use a link that also includes my password in it, which I don't want to do

Kozmo, if you look at all the comments, obviously there were pictures. I'll get them back up. Don't be a dick about it. I'm going out of my way to host these pictures for someone else... this isn't even my thread.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Here are the new links. Hopefully these will stay up for a while. Sorry for making a bit of a mess of the thread. PS: PhotoBucket automatically resizes images over 500k, so I can no longer host the original at the original size.

The full picture:

The main face:

The two other faces:

The green smudges:

Enron, To answer your question, I didn't find much else in my inversion searching. Just four main things:

1.The picture on the right of the picture is of an airplane with some sort of clock beside it, which leads me to believe Knight's grandfather was in the Air Force perhaps, which has no significance to the picture. As noted before, the clock does not say 6:08, but 5:08. To clear up what someone else said before, it isn't 4:08, it's 5:08. Since the time difference is only one hour, it is safe to assume that the camera's internal clock was not changed when Daylight Savings ended. Either that, or the clock doesn't work, etc. Either way, it doesn't really matter.

2. The old woman and the woman next to her in pink both have the same bracelet, on the same arm.

3. The old woman has faint green smudges on her shirt, just like the other man does. Hers are much less defined though, and just seem like she spilled something when she was eating, rather than the fingerprint/ectoplasm look on the other shirt.

4. The old lady is still wearing her wedding ring. I'm not sure if this is normal practice or not, to wear your ring after the other person has deceased. I can see the sentimental value, and I wouldn't call this a smoking gun by any means.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Whether or not you admit the fact or not, that hand sign is a satanic gesture. If you nanna didnt do it on purpose then that raises interesting questions. Does the sign allow apparitions to appear? The apparition appears directly above her head. Also from the image I posted earlier, you can deduce that the apparition had to be behind the people in focus or inside the mirror itself.

With regards to the Da Vinci work on the wall, it looks like a stylized version but it has been noticably altered.

You can see the man in blue (left), and the man in the red robe (right) are basically the same colours as the original. However, the man in the middle has a completly red face and seems to have horns. This is a classic interpretation of Satan.

These questions and observations are not intended to offend, they are intended to analyse the photo. You asked for a photo analyst, and you posted it on a highly skeptical forum. Dont take offense by it if you have not hoaxed it. If you havent then it is highly likely your grand parents are not telling you all they know.

[edit on 11/3/06 by subz]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I didn't understand where you were seeing Satan before, but the more I looked into the picture, the more I started to understand. This is what he's talking about:

(Taken from original picture. Contrast and brightness enhanced.)

I don't know if I believe the whole Satan in the Last Supper pic thing, but the idea that the man is actually IN the mirror, not reflected in it, is sort of intriguing.

Who's Who:
I did some sleuthing to find out who the mystery character and came up with this list, from left to right these are who are said to be in the painting:

Bartholomew
James Minor
Andrew
Judas
Peter
John
Jesus is, of course, in the middle
Thomas
James Major
Philip
Matthew
*Thaddeus
*Simon

*Note: Some people say the character representing John is actually Mary Magdalene.

And as always, I am not meaning to offend Knight. I am not suggesting that your grandparents are Satanists. I am just showing what is in the picture.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
St. Jude Thaddeus, patron saint of lost causes.

On closer inspection, it seems that its actually the reflection of the mans arm in the mirror that is occluding the apparition. So the apparition is actually infront of and behind two different reflections in the mirror.

That would have to place the apparition behind the mans head and infront of the arm that is around him. That is a pretty small area to be in considering the arm is around his neck.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
One thing sort of baffles me. Knight, you say that your grandparents are in no way religious or spiritual.... then why is there an image of The Last Supper in their house at all???

In any case, I too have a much larger picture of the Last Supper in my kitchen above our dinner table. Here it is, in an attempt to show that.... something just ain't right. I apologise for the glare and the blur.

No weird "Satanic Jude" in this image, although I must admit that when I looked up at the picture, it freaked me out. He is the only one in the scene who is looking out of the picture. All the rest of the characters are absorbed looking at each other, but no matter how you look at the picture, it seems like this dude is looking at you.

In Knight's picture of the Last Supper, there is also a large white bundle on the end of the table that isn't there in the original. I have a feeling that the picture is just by an entirely different artist. The stuff on the table doesn't match up, the pattern of the tablecloth is different, etc.

If the "Satan" was in the position where Judas is supposed to be, I could understand the symbolism of it. But where he actually is makes no sense. I'm pretty baffled at this point. His face was clearly and deliberately painted red.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The Grandmas hand is not saluting Satan at all, but is the protective sign of Christ. Satanists reversed the hand signal so the palm faces outwards as a greeting to each other - Hail satan is what the hand means _ The Grandma ( If its a conciouse sign 0 is warding off evil not hailing it.

www.hollywoodcalifornia.com...

scroll down to the bottom of the page to see what i mean.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
True. The link says it has to be made with the left hand facing out, but the grandma is doing it with the right hand facing inwards. Normally Satanist things are blasphemous of Christianity, ie saying the Lords Prayer backwards, etc. So I can understand why the Satanist symbol would be the opposite of the Christian one.

Can you find a link that talks about the Christian protection symbol though? Just want to confirm that it is widely accepted by Christians.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
In any case, I too have a much larger picture of the Last Supper in my kitchen above our dinner table. Here it is, in an attempt to show that.... something just ain't right. I apologise for the glare and the blur.

There are many different versions of that painting. Here is a "paint-by-numbers" version that bears a striking resemblance to the one in Knight's home. Look at the ends of the tablecloth and how the people are depicted differently than most artist's paintings of this.

Perhaps Knight could confirm if this is a framing of such completed by a family member. ?! Just a thought?!

As for Nanna's hand, has anyone considered it may simply be resultant of an arthritic condition? ... considering her age and seeing the obvious affects to her index finger. Again, just a thought?!

[edit on 3/11/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join