It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The *Darker* side of Meditation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   
without you, there is nothing. you create the dangers, risks, etc. like atracts like. if you are in the slightest bit of fear, then that is what you will have. simply not wish it, and you will not encounter it at all. take control of your life, experience who you really are!

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by arc
hmmmmm I think if you 'open' yourself, you have to be prepared to deal with both 'dark' and 'light' influences.

I had a somewhat odd experience a week ago. Recently I've been suffering with extreme anxiety, loss of perspective and a kind of 'head in a box' sensation. Finally last week I experienced a change in mood and things are steadily getting better and brighter again.

The day the mood finally broke was when I also experienced some odd sensations. I had played some music for the first time in ages (nothing mystical, just some regular songs that take me to a very deep place inside) and was crashed out on the couch drifting. I started to experience intense joy, physically felt it in the location of the solar plexus chakra. It almost felt like an estatic pain. Soon after I started to cry and felt very unblocked and relieved afterwards.

A few hours later I went to bed, and although I knew nothing was in the room with me, I got the prickles in the back of my neck like you do when you've spooked yourself out telling ghost stories. I ended up so frightened I ran downstairs and turned all the lights on. It took me nearly 2 hours to balance myself and convince myself the light bulbs wouldn't blow while I was sat there. 30 years old and suddenly scared of the dark lol.

This certainly sounds like your awareness of the energy body. (mind level would correspond to the subconscious) The energy body is something of a quantum wave. The levels of the wave ebb and flow from undefinable sadness to undefinable joy. That's our subjective takes anyway. The objective view would be a lower vibration or trough and the higher vibration or crest.

When you're able to feel this you are more aware of your energy body. This begins your conscious journey of ascension.

As we know, when we are aware of something we can then begin to give more awareness until we're able to manipulate it. For instance, when you are aware and actually believe that you can control your heart rate then you start giving awareness. After a certain undisclosed point bam you can control your heart rate.

Since the mind level that corresponds to the energy body is the subconscious there in lies the key to beginning conscious manipulation of the energy body.

Such things as knowing things before they happen or the first answer being correct are signs that the conscious is tapping the sub. The sub automatically taps the unconscious since there is not conscious blockage (aka you) to interfere with the transfer. So basically you are tapping both the energy and the soul. The energy allows for a closer transduction so the conscious mind will be able to understand easier than a straight shot to the soul. Kinda like the way transformers will step down the power as it gets closer to your light socket. It wouldn't exactly be safe to plug in a lamp with 100,000 volts running through the line.

At least that is how I currently see it.

Edit: For those that may not be on the jouney yet, one of the first keys is trusting yourself to the point you will take the first answer you give yourself instead of second guessing it. This will begin to clean up the pipe or open the channel so-to-speak. The more you do it consciously the more open you become to the things behind it (like seeing things before they happen).

[Edited on 11-5-2003 by uIVIa]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
My impression in respect to problems with meditation or experiencing altered states of reality, is that they are related to the scope or capacity to perceive what is inherent with regards to the human form and the soul.

While the attached is a repost, felt it would add to this conversation.

www.nidsci.org...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that link. I'll take a look and see if per chance anyone has had that experience I posted on a long time ago.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This also may be helpfull

www.imprint.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
read heaven and hell by aldous huxley if ur afraid of meditating now lol, it's like a bad trip meditating and tripping out are similar i find, could be good could be bad, only bad for a while, ends up good in end tho

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I believe that meditation should be approached with a genuine understanding of what it represents. It is a manner in which to achieve the role of spiritual receptor. If you are not in the right mind, if you are not spiritually mature enough, and if you are not spiritually prepared...your receptor can be filled with something you may not have intended.

I think there is great worth in meditation. My personal opinion is that it should be prayerful meditation. But irrespective of that, I believe it should be approached with reverence and preparation.

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by Valhall]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
first off i knew nothing of the supposed dangers...

but anyways, i had to do some integrity comprimising things in order to survive and the only way i could find my soul/light/inner peace was through meditation...

im glad i went through those comprimising situations for it did have a very pro-found effect on my aware-ness...

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Another link which offers more information on this topic.

www.elfis.net...

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I've defintitely had some decidedly..odd effects from deep meditation. I'm writing a rather large post for the more interesting of these. Though explaining something so abstract is extremely difficult.

Meditation is useful and can help you in a myriad ways. But Just liek a knife can cut your food for you, the knife can also cut your throat.

Crappy analogy, I know

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I will start off by saying I know nothing about meditation. What is the intent. The goal of meditating? Is it to acheive a sort of inner peace? Or is it an attempt to contact a realm of something unknown? Is it an attempt to gain a spiritual or paranormal power? I guess its probably different from everyone. I personally have never percieved meditating as being a bad thing. I guess I just dont know enough.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I used to practice Falun Dafa. It's a self-cultivation method and it does warn that when you meditate, you need to be aware that it's you doing the meditation. Like someone mentioned earlier, going into a trance is not good, since you're not being aware of your meditation, and it's actually another spirit meditating on your behalf.

I won't get into a huge discussion here about Falun Dafa, simply because I haven't practiced for that long. However, it's being practiced all over the world, and people in China are being persacuted by it.

The Chinese government even went as far as demanding other countries ban it. Falun Dafa preaches Truthfulness, Compassion and Benevolence. Makes you wonder why they're so against it..

you can find out more here

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The problems that one encounters as far as I have surmised is related to scope, for the sake of discussion let me elaborate:

Reality as we understand it is based upon the existence of a present, which is pervasive and all encompassing. It can be concluded, that what does happen in the here and now, despite distance from an observer, is an event, which has occurred in this instant. As a result, the existence of what we often call a moment can be defined in proportions whose implications are cosmological.

In respect to the perspective of the present we often regard as complete, a parallel orientation does seem relevant and worth discussing; this being in respect to the present being defined, as from the context of a surface, in respect to all things (i.e.�upon a cosmological scale).

My impression is that when we meditate, we become more aware of that in us, which is perceptually aware of reality from an alternate orientation. This with regards to perceiving the present as more than just simply the here and now.

This alternative perspective being related to how the soul perceives reality.

Any thoughts?

[Edited on 8-11-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   

This alternative perspective being related to how the soul perceives reality.

Yes I believe we are all essentially dealing with The Self, which is something universal and collective such as what Jung pointed to.

I don't think the self is something which people fully understand.

Jung said it would take 1000 yrs to understand the kundalini and I believe he was giving us a clue to which direction we should point our research.

The kundalini is the energy source of the human, and as everything is essentially energy then we need to reverse engineer ourselves to discover the truth about reality. imo

[Edited on 03-11-2003 by Aztec]

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
What is very important to our development (in my impression) is that we do not get caught up in labels or for that matter symbols. Science claims the present does not exist but spends time suggesting that awareness has a basis in fact????

The present is a duality, applying yourself to what is not apparent in that respect is my advice.

As far as the rest, its smoke and mirrors, intent upon making you lose your way.

Any thoughts?

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Thank everyone for their interest and thoughts that continue to keep this thread going
I'm reading and learning with each new post here! This is one of my greater interests as far as advancing and maximizing in my own life, so the more thoughts/opinions the better.
Thanks so much. You guys/gals are awesome!
Mags

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I found this website where people share their negative meditation experiences, pretty scarey! Just read a few and you'll see what I mean..

Although the people concerned, and countless people throughout history as well, have had their lives disturbed due to supernatural encounters or phenomena, what really happened is that their illusions were shattered and they lost a grip on reality for a while. And considering they didn't know reality in the first place then that is not surprising. Eventually they pick up the pieces of their illusion and move on, or else they come to a new understanding of reality and adjust their lives accordingly.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:24 AM
link   
If meditation is so dangerous, why does everyone want to do it? Is there that much to be gained from it if you are successful?

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:23 AM
link   
[quote.....Originally posted by Aztec

Although the people concerned, and countless people throughout history as well, have had their lives disturbed due to supernatural encounters or phenomena, what really happened is that their illusions were shattered and they lost a grip on reality for a while. And considering they didn't know reality in the first place then that is not surprising. Eventually they pick up the pieces of their illusion and move on, or else they come to a new understanding of reality and adjust their lives accordingly.
++++

a 'never ending story' for those who wish to participate.

at times tho...i feel as tho i'm just so much flotsam & jetsom on the surface of the ' waters of the deep''... not a 'participant' but a _______? human fodder?pawn?polyp?

digress too far & your dwelling...dwell too long & your history...'road kill'...kaput...

appreciate the topic magestica
and the links that were tilled up

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Some of those stories sound exactly like what happened to my mother a long time ago, when I was a small child. She would have fits of rage sometimes or maybe she would cry for days. And she was always angry at something the rest of us couldn't see. If you were talking to her you might be interupted by a "Curse you devil go back to hell where you came from." That was everyday life with mom. She couldn't keep a job for things like that. She stayed pretty heavily sedated the rest of her life (30 yrs) to keep the voices down to a minimum. Which meant that she didn't get a lot done. That means I stood in a chair cooking eggs a few times. And that me and my sister did pretty much what we wanted too. That means that we were kind of embarrased for any friends to meet our mother. Its pretty troubleing to have such a mom but we all survived somehow, for some reason. Why I don't have a clue. If the story is not appreciated please forgive me it helps to talk about it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join