It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Japanese Indoor Beach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
O man them crazy japanese. Its an artificial beach called the 'Ocean Dome'. I know I'd wanna go here except the prices are a little high. I think the best thing about it is it's way cleaner than real beaches with the same effects. Round $75 American to experience all it offers.

WHee
Review

Would you go?

[edit on 9-3-2006 by TidalWave]

[edit on 9-3-2006 by TidalWave]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Would I go? Hell yeah!

that looks like a pimped out schilterbaun!

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Only the Japs could build something that Kool! Hell I'm impressed man! Grab that wake board dude!

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Uh, what's with the racism? It's Japanese, not Japs, Japs is a racist term, like Chink or Gook.

ANyways, cool, nice place to go during winter and sick and tired of all that snow.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS
Uh, what's with the racism? It's Japanese, not Japs, Japs is a racist term, like Chink or Gook.

ANyways, cool, nice place to go during winter and sick and tired of all that snow.

Sorry I didn't know it was racist cuz to me it was just a short-form abbreviated version. Like calling british brits which i dont think is racist. But whatever i'll go change it as you please

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I figured you were just to lazy to say Japanese, but in case others weren't.

Still a cool place, like down in FLorida Disney has a water park with a wave machine, it makes waves! So cool.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Would I go? Hell yeah!

that looks like a pimped out schilterbaun!

My thoughts exactly !

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS

I guess "Britts" is racist now too?

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
This place would be cool in the mid-west.

I don't like it though... Something about the fake outdoor scene and fake waves.

I'm kinda partial to going to the beach on a windy, slightly cold, over cast day when I don't have to deal with tourists standing in my way when I'm trying to surf.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I actually went a long time ago, almost 10 years ago, when I was in high school and it was lots of fun but the waves in those pics are misleading. More of a child friendly place than that. The weird part is that it is located in a near tropical region of Japan which already has some great natural beaches. This isn't in Hokkaido.

Sting, the rock star, got mixed up in it when it was built because he did ads promoting it before he learned that they were bulldozing down some of Japan's limited acreage of tropical forests to build it.

new topics

top topics

join