It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

disarming cities??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What's with the gun amnestie (spelling?) programs they have going on in big cities, urging people to hand over there guns to the authorities. They claim its to reduce gun-related crimes,,,come on! Personnaly if I needed a gun (hopefully i wont) i wouldnt go around robbing a couple of houses to find a gun..... you can buy a gun anywhere for not to much money......why would they really want to disarm cities?......i dont really believe in this nwo thing but hey thought could be a good convo!

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
not one reply....wow.....ppl make a big fuss ( and i dont wanna sound hateful or offensive) about a drawing on a dollar bill but the fact that the goverment are minimizing resistance does not stir up any emotion....ah well....i tried

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
City is full of lefties and other radicals so they are afraid of them. Maybe they wanna take the cities out later on aka John Titor. Who knows maybe Titor was really CIA program of conditioning people for the future.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Where are you from, and are they doing that where you live? Afraid of radicals? of course they are! They'll just never admit it! People Unite!

john titor....

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
In the aftermath of hurricane Katrina, the government went into the Undamaged areas and confiscated weapons from people there. Now if I were living in a undamaged area of a disaster zone I would want to defend myself from the people who are going to probably rob me. As seen in every disaster, real or movie.

Someone, in an unrelated message board thread, happened to mention that they were trying to buy ammunition and were told that the military is buying up alot of civillian ammunition.

The first thing any dictatorship does is disarm its people.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I find it quite alarming that people continue to allow it to happen, especially since the cities with the toughest firearm restrictions are Washington, D.C., Chicago, IL, New York, NY, and the state of California and these areas have the HIGHEST CRIME RATE IN THE COUNTRY (especially VIOLENT). Each one of these cities totally exceeds the national average...and everyone is "disarmed". Oh yes, it really works doesn't it.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Not only that, but worldwide, England and Wales topped the charts in 1999 for crimes. And I believe that entire area has gun bans, no?

www.sweetliberty.org...

2001 - Britain, Australia TOP U.S. in violent crimes. www.worldnetdaily.com...

Firearm related crimes PLUMMETED since 1993 (1993 - 2004) www.ojp.usdoj.gov...
(Why are they still trying to impose gun restrictions?)

Handgun crime rose by 40% in the 2 years AFTER the handgun ban was put into effect in Britain!!!!! 40%!!!!!!!!! news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Look for another city in the U.S. to go through a disarmament process this summer. Miami or Houston probably.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You seem to miss the purpose of these events...

The Gun Amnesty Program, is based around criminals giving in guns that are not legal. You need a licence to own a gun - remember? These people do not have such a licence and thus will not be arrested if they take these weapons in. :-) People can still legally own the firearms, they could own before.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
In Japan, I have found out the only people that have guns are criminals and cops. The one thing I hate over here is that you cant defend your business and home.

top topics

join