It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush wanting to "hunt down whistleblowers"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This was a report from MSNBC, I found quite interesting. Bush, still angry about the leak concering tapping phones and the like, now saying that whoever blows the whistle on things like this is "as good as the enemy"...pretty harsh words I'd say. That would make over half of America (those against this), "as good as the enemy. This man really has some nerve. And to be so blatent and blunt and the American people still do nothing!!!!!!

www.bradblog.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
From a thread I started the other day

Click here to watch Bush-Attacking-The-Media-NBC

This video is a segment from Monday's MSNBC Countdown. Craig Crawford discusses the chilling effect this attack has on the ability to report information about the government. In effect, we are quickly getting to the point where only official information released by the government can be reported by the media.

Source / download www.bradblog.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Bush does have a point that it isn't good that terrorists or potential terrorists have an idea of what intelligence we collect and how we collect it, but as president, he has to balance that against staying inside the rules and being honest and open with the American people.

My personal thinking is that he would like to maintain the "what happens in the boardroom, stays in the boardroom" mentality, but that cannot happen in good government unless the information is protected by federal law.

JDub

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Whoops! Didn't see your thread
Delete this one at will, thanks !

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
no no, I don't care maybe you will get more of a response.
If I post something it usually dies with one or two replys.
I just wanted to add the video

[edit on 9/3/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Reporting classified information is illegal first and foremost, to make matters worse reporting classified information with National Security implications is even more dangerous. These “whistle-blowers” are essentially criminals since what they are doing is illegal.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Reporting classified information is illegal first and foremost, to make matters worse reporting classified information with National Security implications is even more dangerous. These “whistle-blowers” are essentially criminals since what they are doing is illegal.

Authorizing wiretaps without the Phiza court order is illegal.

Putting out false terror alerts is illegal.

Your point is? You're just mad because someone is finally exposing these crooks.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
As reported by Sauron, this is a duplicate of this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please post your comments there.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join