It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aegis missile defense sytem now and future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
i ws wonderign what knowledge u guys have of the AEGIss and future upgrades such as radar,missiles,ships etc

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

In 2006, cruisers will begin the process of being upgraded through the Cruiser Modernization program. Cruiser Modernization is a cost effective means to sustain or increase force structure and deploy new vital capabilities sooner. All cruisers in the fleet with the exception of CGs 47-51, will eventually go through modernization. Cruiser Modernization will improve warfighting capability by providing systems upgrades including Cooperative Engagement Capability and the AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 with Multi-Function Towed Array. Cruiser Modernization also provides a viable platform for future Ballistic Missile Defense missions. A comprehensive service life extension work package, which includes the All-Electric Modification, SMARTSHIP upgrades, hull, mechanical, and electrical system upgrades, and a Type Commanders maintenance work-package, is included in modernization.

CG modernization begins in FY 2006. The first ship scheduled to undergo modernization is USS Cape St. George (CG 71). The remaining 21 baseline 2, 3 and 4 cruisers have varying capabilities. The cruiser conversion program will result in all 22 ships having a common warfighting baseline. Improvements include quality of life initiatives, better weapon systems, SmartShip upgrades, remote monitoring capabilities, force protection upgrades, optimal manning, open architecture, and many other improvements.

www.globalsecurity.org...

They retired the first 6 IIRC, and all the ones left are going through constant upgrades to software. They're also developing a new missile for them. The SM-6 ERAM. It's an SM-2 with an AMRAAM seeker.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
what baou range of suhc missiles cuh as SM 3 and SM6

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well the SM-3 has a range of about 270 Nautical Miles, and the SM-6 is an over the horizon missile designed for long-range engagement. Any hard stats about the SM-6 don’t exist yet because the missile is still in the development phase.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
can i ahve some links for the Sm 3 please thank you.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

can i ahve some links for the Sm 3 please thank you.

Sure, no problem.

SM-3
SM-3
SM-3

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
thnx everyone it has greate range than the S400 even i wonder why they dont use it for land SAMS

new topics

top topics

join