It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Signs Patriot Act Renewal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Bush just signed it into law: www.usatoday.com...

Certain provisions that are renewed for the next four years are pretty great at throwing the Bill of Rights out the window when the "Act" is invoked. It was fairly close in the House.

Roll Call of House Votes: www.chron.com...

Is it really needed with the major "small time" terrorist states out of the picture?

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
well... you do realize that Bush can't sign it without The Congress and the Senate's approval...therefore... if the AMerican ppl have anything to complain about the new Patriot Act, They will have to blame the intire congress and Senate for it... because without their approval Bush would have been able to sign it ...

and they ALL did go for it
soemtimes there is no oportunity to play "bad cop, good cop"... all the masks fall down.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
dont worry the law or act can be revoked when your new leader comes to office after bush is gone from office. there will be alot of damage control in the works im sure.congress my have to make some ethic laws in the furture to not let this happen again.u.s has lost her purse of freedoms and wants them back lol.....

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well the Patriot Act is not really necessary. It just gives the government more power than they actually need. Even if the majority of the government is involved, it doesn't matter how many people are in on it, or how many have been tricked into thinking that it is needed, it's still a conspiracy since this violates what was laid out in the Bill of Rights.

In this case they needed to pass laws to extend said "conspiracy" from not actually being unlawful… which would be too obvious. It's still not right, even if political maneuvering has allowed for the general public to be duped.

B. Sage

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by flukemol
dont worry the law or act can be revoked when your new leader comes to office after bush is gone from office. there will be alot of damage control in the works im sure.congress my have to make some ethic laws in the furture to not let this happen again.u.s has lost her purse of freedoms and wants them back lol.....

hmmmm... i would say , if you think Bush is bad...wait untill the next one comes in... specially if it is "Hitlary Clinton"...than you will all see what an "evil" dictator is

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Haha "Hitlary" That was good. I highly doubt her being successful though. I'm thinking McCain. Well maybe hoping for him anyway.

B. Sage

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by B Sage
Haha "Hitlary" That was good. I highly doubt her being successful though. I'm thinking McCain. Well maybe hoping for him anyway.

B. Sage

she may try to get in the white house as a VP... and who knows the Pres. may have an "accident" ,... and that would be very convenient to her ...

I dont see who the REpublican party can go for ?? McCain has sounded stronger to me in the past .... maybe Connie will run !!
..lol

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoirand they ALL did go for it

What? No, they didn't. The vote in the House was 280-138, and the vote in the Senate was 89-10. That means 148 people didn't vote for the Patriot Act, not to mention the absent votes. I'm glad someone there cares about preserving the freedom of America.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Rudy Giuliani would probably be the best choice for keeping the Patriot Act in there... he would be a constant reminder of 9/11. I'm thinking it will come odwn between him and McCain... Bill Frist as VP probably, since he'll get picked up later.

Dems, I think Hillary has a chance but maybe as VP, Dean still seems strong to me. Within this year we will probably know the front runners, I don't think it's going to be as "up-in-the-air" as it has been, past few elections. I was hoping for McCain in 2000, I think he might be too old if he wins to go for a second term.

Harold Ford Jr.? I like the guy.

When it comes to conspiracies though... specifically this one, Rudy is the one to keep it rolling for sure. Don't know how much of a tool he would be though for the men behind the curtain.

B. Sage

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Originally posted by BaastetNoirand they ALL did go for it

What? No, they didn't. The vote in the House was 280-138, and the vote in the Senate was 89-10. That means 148 people didn't vote for the Patriot Act, not to mention the absent votes. I'm glad someone there cares about preserving the freedom of America.

So 10 said no...... and 138 said no... and than what ?? lol... the point is the MAjority went for it ... and the majority is usually read as ALL....wheather we like it or not.

OOhhh... POOH !... just remenber the Great Hillary that the democrats have been flashing for the "best thing this country could ever have"...SIGN IT !.... the same women who didnt even know or conviniently forgot to tell the USA her Husband was PRO-DUBAY DEAL !

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoirand the majority is usually read as ALL....wheather we like it or not.

If we don't like it, we can change it. Do not give in to such hegemony.

Don't vote for Hillary or any other demorepub crook, vote Libertarian for Liberty.

[edit on 9-3-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Please look at the numbers again: www.chron.com...

The dems ARE in on it too! If 2, count 'em, TWO had voted this down it wouldn't be happening!!! The House is much more connected with the people, who believe it or not, do appreciate their freedom.

Change is happening, albeit slowly. It will take a lot to throw the patriot act out... 4 years at the least. which means it bleeds over into the next presidency.

B. Sage

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
In the midst of the ports deal fiasco, did anyone really think that the renewal WOULDN'T pass.
I was all set to move this thread to US Politics in PTS.
Then, it dawned on me.

Has anyone heard much about the renewal going through?
Congress has us so mesmerized about the UAE deal, we weren't seeing this bill get through.
Now I suspect the port deal uproar was a diversion

[edit on 9-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You're right DontTreadOnMe, I've been watching the news channels around the clock and there has been only a few brief mentions. A distraction would make sense and that idea gives it a real weird feel. Still I'm watching the news... nothing. You would figure that SOMEONE SHOULD have something to say... I guess it's our dirty little freedom stealing secret. Hahah.

BTW thanks for not moving it, I do think this fits into the realm of Political Conspiracies -- not even War on Terror at this point either... seriously I have no idea how the patriot act has any relevance in America today. An attack at this point would not be by lone terrorists hiding in the US... it would be an act of war by a foreign nation, plain and simple... this is EPIC political conspiracy. We're aware, we're looking over our shoulders... every american is a "patriot" even those of us who disagree with the current policies... we have no need for this infringing Act.

B. Sage

edit for clarification

[edit on 9-3-2006 by B Sage]

top topics

join