It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa about to anounce Life in our solarsytem on the news!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemetae
Who didn't see THIS coming from a million miles away? Lol

New on Drudge:

UPDATE: NASA Will Not Announce Life Find; News Station Misinterpreted Agency's Release...

Lame news agencies...

So all we got is more water on a moon in our solar system.

at least it's something to show for...

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
TUNE IN NASA TV NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
TUNE IN NASA TV NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am and all I get is a very loud noise that is driving me MADDDD!!!!

It says "stand by for video playback"

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Warning and loss of 500 points taken as just punishment for me being rude and lazy. Sorry

[edit on 9-3-2006 by MadGreebo]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Go here:

www.nasa.gov...

then select how you want to watch it via Real Player, Windows Media, Yahoo, ect.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I just told Stanton Friedman about this NASA find and he seemed interested.

Good to be friends with a top Ufologist.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Still in standby. And now they are showing an old documentary.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
well....
um
well.....

I guess we have partially verified that at least one moon has liguid water on it (until it freezes .0003 seconds later)...

GREAT NEWS... except that it is not truely verified news, and it is also something that every ufo nut already assumes...

next they will be saying that it looks like mars has methane...(again)

or maybe... just maybe... they were going to announce some concrete evidence of life, and another powerful religious fundy got wind, and freaked...

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

They just found more rocks and possibly water.

Water. Turns out our solar system is just plain soggy with the stuff.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The article on drudge that links to Central Florida's Channel 6 news (WKMG) mentioned in the second to last paragraph that...

"Cassini found the geysers are mostly made up of water and ice particles with significant amounts of carbon dioxide and trace amounts of methane -- all of which probably help to replenish the moon's atmosphere. "

Bold type is my doing, but could this be the reason the story of liquid water was confused with actual life?

Please pardon me if I'm not quoting properly, or if I should have provided the link. This story has already been referenced in the thread, so I din't want to reproduce...

Isn't methane, even trace, almost certain evidence of life, even microbial? Or is it just another "possible" indicator?

I was under the impression from the supposed methane on mars that it was practically a sure sign of some sort of organic life...

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Link

WTF why wont this link work? Anyways the moon could and possibly harbors life however they are not advanced organisms since the living conditions on the planet limit evloution.

[edit on 9-3-2006 by PsychoSteve85]

Mod Edit: Fixed link.

[edit on 9-3-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well well well, this is an interesting turn of events. Disclosure is comming!!! This is just the start. Best way to announce ET is start with water, then microbes and then a few years later something more interesting !! Looks like we are all in for a Cosmic Joy Ride !!!
Buckle up folks it's gonna be a mind blowing ride !!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
NASA announces "Earth is flat!"

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
how crazy would it have been if NASA announced the detection of life on a distant planet and then they introduced grlzzap, the 12 foot buglike creature from planet crakeur, who has come to solve all of our energy and pollution problems.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Originally posted by Barcs
Interesting. I'll be looking forward to checking out this news when it is released. I don't see why it's so contraversial. People are paranoid that it will destroy religion, when it won't do a damn thing.

You really can tell who doesn't bother to read through the thread before replying.

What? I read the whole thing. Nobody 100% knew what the article was going to say. I was just giving an opinion on why they would change the title that many times.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Im pretty sure that IF life outside of earth was confirmed, it would be all over the news long before NASA got around to writing a press release..

[edit on 9/3/06 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
how crazy would it have been if NASA announced the detection of life on a distant planet and then they introduced grlzzap, the 12 foot buglike creature from planet crakeur, who has come to solve all of our energy and pollution problems.

HAHA sounds like that chappelle show skit with the real version of that movie i cant remeber but anyways this is an awesome find im so thrilled about this cant wait for what we find in the future. And mods thanks for fixing the link.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Well well well, this is an interesting turn of events. Disclosure is comming!!! This is just the start. Best way to announce ET is start with water, then microbes and then a few years later something more interesting !! Looks like we are all in for a Cosmic Joy Ride !!!
Buckle up folks it's gonna be a mind blowing ride !!!!

Exactly wtf are you talking about?

There will be NO disclosure of life outside of our own planet as long as we have those that oppose the idea of it.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Liquid water on Enceladeus huh, even if it does harbor some sort of life that life would be extremely primitive because of the Excruciatingly slow metabolic rate it would have to have way out there where it gets very little heat & light from the Sun. Still, if there is liquid water there may indeed be some sort of life, or at least some precursor of it. The link below gives a couple of pics so you can see what they are talking about:

www.physorg.com...

[edit on 9-3-2006 by Astronomer68]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Looks like CNN and CNN Headline News have been covering this a lot. At least I've seen a few NASA guys talking ever since 2pm. Looks like it's catching on...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join