It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 4th dimension...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I am from the 4th dimension, prove me wrong.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I read a book called Flatland awile back as necessary for my 7th grade math teachers requirements. It got me thinking that at reaching 3 dimensions you are locked into the fact that to have another element of change that you must manipulate the environment within the 3 dimensions and thus it must be done over time.

Another thing that bugs me is that the big bang theory does not explain it's concept of space. The so-called explosion takes place in unidentified space presumed to exist.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Geoffrey

Because you can only be from there for the time being.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I wrote a webpage html file using Wordpad, saving it as .html, opening it with Internet Explorer off my c: drive. It was only ten lines long and I'd share it with you but I got the code from this website:

www.ibdhost.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayaboveitall
LOl, Of course there are reptilians, but they are none too intelligent and live on crickets, mice etc. I have several, none of them have tried on any mind control im aware of yet.

Sarcasm done with, I have never really been too keen to except 'time' as a dimension.
Its an entirely subjective concept IE that it starts somewhere and runs forward. But then we have no other perception by which to measure it, hence clocks and calendars.
To me a dimension is a direction/place , as excepted for the three we know.
Im not beyond the possibility that there may be a direction in which we cannot see or perceive, whatever it may be.
How would we explain our perception to a two dimensional lifeform?

Time only exists as we can perceive it, a concept to explain then/now.
The past has been recorded, but where is it 'Now'? Where is a future that hasnt happened yet? where is tomorrow?
I think even brainiac scientist struggle with some concepts, afterall, if your inside looking out, theres only so much you can see.

Maybe the 4th dimension is just perceptional concepts and ideas? A dimension of illusions, because concepts, iota's and even our individual perception of time is just an illusion of sorts.
----
Look up Holographic Universe-
Maybe we got it all wrong with that theory and what we are actually seeing is the 4th dimension? Instead of it meaning the universe or existence is a hologram of sorts?
edit on 16-3-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Plastered

Hi all, new here been on he site for about a week, just registered howdy,

Now noticed someone asked about big bang and made me remember a theory by two german scientists i think(cant find source now) basically the theory is that as matter gets sucked into a blackhole, there's a mass explosion inside the black hole which creates a universe inside, i remember reading it fits the maths perfect, dark-matter would then be the walls of the other universe so to speak. doesnt solve the beginning question though lol,

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Stephen Hawking probably already knows this. He's a freaking genius. Just read his books about black holes.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Doctor

I can't agree more with it, the 4th is time!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm a reptillian hybrid, (I was told after something "weird" happened). The way I understood the fourth dimension is by the fact that sometimes I will wake up before my body does, this shows me that my mind or my awareness is beyond my brain itself. The mind is awake, yet the brain and body is asleep, a telltale sign the mind is in a different dimension during sleep. Anyway, I noticed one day that time was "skipping", I mean literally stopping, cars, noises, all of it, even my body, I was aware that time had stopped functioning, and yet I could not move my eyes, I felt no need to blink, and my mind realized that everything was at a standstill, but it was at that EXACT moment when I became aware of it that it started moving again. I have two theories as to why it started moving again: 1. My awareness caused the dimension to collapse or cause my attention to shift on something in the lower dimension. 2. My awareness was noted by something or someone else in the higher dimension and quickly kicked me out.

This only happened once, and it was ironically during a time of new spiritual outreach, I felt a need to be connected, to search for God, for meaning, etc. Not even a week after that I get invited to OTO, and decline, and then a whole mess of negative things happen, but that's not important.

They say reptillians exist in the fourth dimension, so I'm assuming that because I am of that "sacred bloodline" my uncles call it, I also exist in the fourth dimension as well. This is why they have more spiritual influence, because humanity is still considered 'babies' of the universe and thus only move on during death, whereas we exist both here and there and go through a sort of 'spiritual puberty' where we get a bunch of growth spurts and latent abilities start waking up. I don't like the fact that I'm part of that bloodline because most of them are evil, and because I fight for truth and for humans I am a misfit on both sides and get treated unfairly no matter where I go to seek wisdom.

Anyway, try Truthism.com, it has a lot of information that I have had dreams about and visions during meditation. I was surprised to see the similarities.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by waffleprime

To us it is the unseen, but it is not the final, that would be retarded to think given what we do know. I see it all in a more spiritual context, but that may derail this thread into another dimension...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by alejogn

Time does not exist. Time is a measurement we use for work schedules, it is not real. A clock is not time, a clock is gears moving. The sun rising and setting is not time, that's the planet orbiting around the sun and spinning on its axis. All of it is just movement. Even aging is just a programmed cell death, still just cells, or organic machines undergoing an mechanism. Time is not real. Once you realize time is not real, you will finally understand what the fourth dimension is. The only reason you experience time, or perhaps a lack of time, is because all the motion stops moving, which makes time appear to stop. But you are not seeing time stop, just movement, the reason for this is that your mind becomes active in the fourth dimension, ascending for a moment and yet perceiving the third dimension because you are in a 3-Dimensional, physical body. Because your mind is moving so fast and is at such a high frequency at that moment, you stop experiencing this reality in this specific precession of events, but are unable to perceive your four-dimensional surroundings because of your connection to your living body. This dimension becomes irrelevant to you because you become part of a different 'river', and thus does not move.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MonarchSlave

Time is 100% real. we can prove its reality via our own interactions with it.

When you try to say that time is not real because a clock is just gears moving, that is like saying space is not real and that a ruler is just a stick with which to measure it. You cannot disprove a phenomenon by using its measuring device as the metaphorical strawman.

Now, this is not to say that beyond our reality that time AND space are either one real. All we can say for sure is our own experience. Since we experience both time and space, we must therefore assume that it is "real" in as much as anything within our experience is real.

Is time constant? No, but it is every bit real, even if we have a limited interaction with it.

Consider that the 4th dimension has nothing to do with time. Consider it is spatial, represented by a tesseract. Time, in this frame of thought, becomes like a separate set of dimension you interact with.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Nope, flawed argument. I can swing my arm around but it has nothing to do with time. It has to do with electrical signals in my brain, muscles, bones, blood, but not time. It is purely conceptual, a tool we use to cope with this reality, but not a real concept.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonarchSlave
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Nope, flawed argument. I can swing my arm around but it has nothing to do with time. It has to do with electrical signals in my brain, muscles, bones, blood, but not time. It is purely conceptual, a tool we use to cope with this reality, but not a real concept.

Time is the result of "change of state particles", such as photons, electrons, etc, doing their job: changing state. Since a law of physics states that two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time, it stands to reason that time, from the standpoint of physics, is critical as it is a basis for a fundamental law.

So what time is, in essense, is the advance of the universal framerate. This advance is marked by the period of time it take, relatively speaking, for a "change of state" particle to actually change its state and have that change realized by the universe.

From this, all other actions arise. The elementary particles do their thing, change their state of being, and the effects ripple up into the macro universe as we see. Time, at our 50,000 foot vantage point is nothing but a grainy mess that has indistinguishibly small units of measurement. But there ARE units of measurement. These units are however long it takes for an elementary particle to report a change of state to the universe, and to have that change of state realized.

ETA: in your example you are doing the apples and oranges. Moving your arm in a circle is just moving it through space. Of course, it moves through time...but would have done so without physical motion. You are making a reference to physical motion and using it to exclaim time is not real. Problem is, there is nothing in your thought experiment that seems relevant to discussing time. Only physical space. I can assure you time is real. In your experiment, if i were to place a chainsaw in the path of your arm, you would lose your arm. Since the chainsaw and your arm cannot occupy the same space at the same time, there will be a collision, and the laws of physics will dictate the outcome (but your new nickname will be "Lefty").
edit on 15-4-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

ETA one more time: i could be wrong. it is late. but it seems reasonable that the "universal framerate" would be the speed of light/planck length. This is how often the universe will recieve updated information, as a bare minimum. It would be interesting to hear others people's thoughts on this, and maybe see if that can yield a number I am unfamiliar with calculating.
edit on 15-4-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I control The Fourth Dimension, Inc. so in that regards it's mine.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
in Dr. Rick Strassman's book '___' the Spirit Molecule, he continually feels suprised in seeing how many of the volunteers ('___' study at University of New Mexico) "made contact" with "them" or other beings. At least half did so in one form or another. Research subjects used expressions like "entities,""beings,""aliens,""guides," and "helpers" to describe them. The "life-forms" looked like reptiles, mantises,insects and spiders (sometimes even bees, cacti, clowns, and stick figures)

He admits that it was hard for him to accept these stories because they challenge the prevailing world view, and his own but its as if his mind refuses to accept whats black and white.

since our modern approach to reality relies upon waking consciousness, and its extensions of tools and instruments.They are "nonmaterial" beings
In contrast, indigenous cultures are in regular contact with denizens of the invisible landscape and have no problems with straddling both worlds. Often they do this with the aid of psychedelic plants.

edit on 27-9-2011 by knightsofcydonia because: because i can.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
in Dr. Rick Strassman's book '___' the Spirit Molecule, he continually feels suprised in seeing how many of the volunteers ('___' study at University of New Mexico) "made contact" with "them" or other beings. At least half did so in one form or another. Research subjects used expressions like "entities,""beings,""aliens,""guides," and "helpers" to describe them. The "life-forms" looked like reptiles, mantises,insects and spiders (sometimes even bees, cacti, clowns, and stick figures)

He admits that it was hard for him to accept these stories because they challenge the prevailing world view, and his own but its as if his mind refuses to accept whats black and white.

since our modern approach to reality relies upon waking consciousness, and its extensions of tools and instruments.They are "nonmaterial" beings
In contrast, indigenous cultures are in regular contact with denizens of the invisible landscape and have no problems with straddling both worlds. Often they do this with the aid of psychedelic plants.

edit on 27-9-2011 by knightsofcydonia because: because i can.

Could some of these indigenous cultures be considered as 'guardians' of this planet because they understand it alot better than nearly everyone else?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I was heard the concept: Travels Through the 4th Dimention.
The Hawking's Time Machine Prototype suggest me that the Cosmologic Time is an accelerable/descelerable flux. Then a tv monitor could tune images from any sort of alternative(s) future/past; emited by a quantum level Temporal Vortex generated by a time machine (novel Timescape - Gregory Benford)

does anyone was read Hyperspace- Michio Kaku? If humanity will never dissapear, and time is infinite, how a timetraveler could arrive at the end of the time?
Such infinite time could become our technological specie into infinitely perverse super-wise creatures?

The idea of temporal flux, suggest the possibility of travel across the time, as we conventionally do across the space.
Near-light speed Interestelar Travel could be an experience other than Timetravel?...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by cagliostrus

I have most recently considered time to be just like space, in that it is fully 3 dimensional. We only interact with it 1 dimensionally, and even that is limited However, were you able to, you could access time just like place, by choosing to go to a specific time, in any timeline.

ETA: "Timeline" is a bad description. If time is 3 dimensional, then on the whole it is greater than the sum of its parts (meaning it is more than just an aggregate of timelines.
edit on 17-10-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by cagliostrus

I have most recently considered time to be just like space, in that it is fully 3 dimensional. We only interact with it 1 dimensionally, and even that is limited However, were you able to, you could access time just like place, by choosing to go to a specific time, in any timeline.

Did you read the sci-fi novels Beyond Infinity - Gregory Benford, The End of the Eternity - Isaac Asimov?
seen the Cosmic Horror movie Event Horizon?...

Specially, knows you the Asimovian Concept: ''Slow Universe/Speed Universe''?
I'm sure you'll get new perspectives after discussing such fictional concepts.

tvtropes.org...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join