It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 4th dimension...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Guys, with no disrespect but Ive seriously got to question wether any more than one or two of you have done any background at all on this, such as reading any relevant part of any of ickes books or watching/listening to any relevant video or audio

The biggest point of all about this is that Icke is hardly alone in presenting this information (re: dimensions)...its concurrent throughout human history, particularily beyond the limitations of the knowledge found to be socially acceptable through much of western history since the start of Roman Catholisism

I'm not particularily interested in debunking a debunk but a couple of hours study can make a world of difference

Im happy to link you up but Im not looking to impose, theres volumes of amazing info out there if your willing to put some effort in

A few pointers all the same:

Firstly, if Ickes especially distastefull for you, perhaps Michael Talbot or Deepak Chopra might be more informative

And it might be of interest to know that the human eye (brain really, but thats a more involved issue) is capable of seeing only a small fraction of the ordinary electromagnetic spectrum, and that the electromagnetic spectrum encompasses the vibrational frequency of far less than 1% of the known mass of the universe, at least if advanced physics is right about anything at all...

And that latest research coming out of Russia indicates that "things" are only solid when interacting with the vibrational frequency of the matter composing a body to interpret the quantum waveforms? and without a body (an experiential suit) nothing "solid" can ttuly be said to exist?

Hence, extending the hypothesis goes "the spirit world" etc, another dimensional frequency outside of the perception of this one

Where you also aware that, according to more apocryphal sources, marconi used his early experiments in radiography to communicate with the "other side", and that the frequency range of standard radio was by extension set below the required Hz ranges to access the same?

Somehow Im not sure that a bit of word play quite counts for a "debunk" there...

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Or how about Albert Einstein one of the greatest minds ever he says 4 dimensions in our universe no more no less and he did the math for it too.
Either do the math for these theories proove them in equations or no go. Abby Einstein has yet to be proven wrong on his work with 4 dimensions and his theory or relativity.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
"Reality is an Illusion, although a persistant one"

said: Albert Einstein

Strange but true

I beleive there may be some issue with the concept of this word "dimension" being used

Mathematics may be a means to create a model of the universe, but make no mistake:

It is not the universe itself, only a picture of it

In that way, how is science any different to, for example, a religous beleif that uses right brain metaphor, poetry and symbology instead of left-brain logic reason and caluclation?

Both maps: not the territory

Should any text or calculation be confused what we are actually experiancing?

[edit on 18-3-2006 by John White]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Science has givin us every thing we have to throw our lives away for a religeos concept has no comparrison.

Religion vs science has no substance you can't compare the 2.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
Science has givin us every thing we have to throw our lives away for a religeos concept has no comparrison.

Religion vs science has no substance you can't compare the 2.

That depends. Being an expert in the mathematics defining painting does not make one an artist

Different streams of knowledge work best when balanced with each other

Like Science and Ethics, for example

And, unless filtering out all else but the extremes, I dont hear religion asking for the ultimate sacrifice:

the opposite: at the heart of most religions is the veneration of Life

Scientists excell at slow methodical method which has lasting benefits

but it takes another kind of mind to contemplate six differing metaphysical concepts at the same time

Pure Spiritual Philosophy is the understanding of the best path for living in one's life...all religions are potential guides to that

These ideas are old indeed: the Greeks expressed them as the dynamic between Logos and Mythos

[edit on 21-3-2006 by John White]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
How does one truly know anything? In all likelyhood, one can only be convinced beyond a satisfactory level. As an earlier poster alluded to, there is much that seems certain, right up until the time it is disproven.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
4th dimension is time, 3rd dimension is space, 5th is well I don't know since I don't live there yet...and so on probably unlimited though.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by omega1

Originally posted by waffleprime
*krackes overdue knuckles* First, to understand a fourth dimension..one must understand the 3 which we can see and any hillbilly from the alps can figure out.

any hillbilly from the alps? The alps are in Europe, and hillbilly is a term for an American person that lives in an extremely rural area.

On the other hand, I totally agree with you, there are many dimensions.

I however do not believe in reptillians...

Hey guys for all we know the reptillians could be watching us right now.....

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Lukekilla4]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm rather new to the site and am just recently becoming acquainted to the various theories surrounding the reptilians. Is it theorized that the reptilians actually exist within the fourth dimension?

Now, I am certainly not a Physics major nor do I have any great degree of experience in dealing with relativity of any kind, be it special or general, but as I understand it, the fourth dimension is in fact time and is used in the description of matter moving through time.

In the same vein, I am not totally familiar with this David Icke fellow either. I have done a little bit of research and read about his conspiracy that the reptilians have taken control of the world by having hybrid human-reptilians become our world leaders. However, in the article I found I quote:

he identified the extraterrestrial Prison Warders as reptilians from the constellation Draco.

Now this differs quite a bit from what I have read about the Reptilians living in the fourth dimension. Is this just incorrect or has he modified his theory? Given, I found this information on Wikipedia, and thus it could be modified by a spiteful individual that does not subscribe to Mr. Icke's theory.

At any rate, I believe it is more possible to believe that they did in fact come from the group of stars called Draco than the fourth dimension. That is assuming that my understanding of the Fourth Dimension is correct and it is referring to time. If I am wrong in my understanding and someone who has some kind of knowledge of Physics and Relativity is able, please explain the fourth dimension and how it is a valid theory to believe that there is a race of Reptilians living there.

Thanks,
Nef

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
imagine if we where so small that we could stand on an atom that looked to us the size of a planet..in the sky around the atom would molecules and electrons look like other planets or stars.. would the surface of the atom where standing on be smooth or rough with hills and valleys ?...what im trying to say is maybe the 4th dimension be size and are we really just so small we dont see the bigger picture or are we so big we dont see the smaller planets and people beyond current technology to see them....

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Doctor

" Or how about Albert Einstein one of the greatest minds ever he says 4 dimensions in our universe no more no less and he did the math for it too."

I thought the string theory was proven, [ which made einstein wrong, kinda ] and that the other dimensions were extremely small, something along the lines of 10x 10 to the minus 17 or something. Sorry , it's not a number that just rolls off the tongue.

And the only reason that science and religion don't appear to be compatible, is for one simple reason, the enemy of truth controls the well known authorities as well as the puppet media.

So, no big surprise there either.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I find it amusing to note how people refer to the '1st' dimension as if it was the 1st.

Who is to say it is not the 5th Dimension, or even the 129th?

What if the dimensions we perceive now are merely the proverbial 'tip of the iceberg', and that reality spirals into an insane vortex of overlapping dimensions that eventually choke one another and cause the dimensional fabric of the universe to warp into an entirely different set of dimensions?

Interesting is 'Time's' place in all of this - my thinking is that if the basic three dimensions we are aware of are in positions like 65, 66, 67, then Time would probably be one of the dimensions under 10 in priority.

I'm not saying that time transcends dimensional space, only that time exists within it - we simply don't know if there are dimensions out there in which Time simply isn't an issue (or, frighteningly, where Time comes and goes at a speed of which compared to our Dimension's time is like watching a cheetah compete with a turtle in a game of speed).

Maybe one day i'll explain that hive mentality...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
yes we can discuss this till the cows come home -but all icke does is talk ! he never and i mean ever produces any form of PROOOOOOOOF ! yes he apparently has witnesses and but do we ever get to hear/see them or question them ? i think the answer is a resounding NOOO !

DAVID SHOW US THE PROOF OR SHUT UP MATE

sincerely
common sense

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well this whole "above" and "parallel" terms are pointless when you're talking about something that goes way beyond perception it self.

In the same way that we see ghosts as ghosts, they see us as the same. We are all sharing the same "place" and unfortunately (or fortunately) we are isolated from each other.

For how long is the real question.

I'm not too fond of the bible after all it's re-writes and editing, but it does say that the dead would rise at some point, and with this whole pole shifting story in course I wonder how these dimensions will behave once frequencies change. Maybe they really will "rise" in a way.

And I believe that probably the other 95% of our DNA considered as Junk will have it's part in all of this. Maybe that's what the Mayan's were talking about of a beginning of a new era.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If you think about it. Nothing can ever exist if it doesn't have at least 4 dimensions.

A dimension is= Length.Hight.Width and depth. Everything that exists have at least these 4 things. They must have!

A dimension is just a shape of a Matter,object or space.

Our universe is a infinite dimension. Everything that is inside of it has at least 4 dimensions.

3 dimensions is actually used for navigating. It is just used as references to pin point a position. You can also just use 2 dimensions to navigate if you are out hiking.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Art is the true key to the 4th dimension..... think about it than get back to me please

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
LOl, Of course there are reptilians, but they are none too intelligent and live on crickets, mice etc. I have several, none of them have tried on any mind control im aware of yet.

Sarcasm done with, I have never really been too keen to except 'time' as a dimension.
Its an entirely subjective concept IE that it starts somewhere and runs forward. But then we have no other perception by which to measure it, hence clocks and calendars.
To me a dimension is a direction/place , as excepted for the three we know.
Im not beyond the possibility that there may be a direction in which we cannot see or perceive, whatever it may be.
How would we explain our perception to a two dimensional lifeform?

Time only exists as we can perceive it, a concept to explain then/now.
The past has been recorded, but where is it 'Now'? Where is a future that hasnt happened yet? where is tomorrow?
I think even brainiac scientist struggle with some concepts, afterall, if your inside looking out, theres only so much you can see.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Blacksun

Regardless to what we care to call them, if there are indeed 4th, 5th, etc. dimensions, it is safe to say that we would not under normal circumstances be able to see the beings that exist there, if any do. It is more likely that they would be able to see us but I am not sure they would see us the same way that we see ourselves.

I agree that sound waves played at the right frequency may aide in making some things normally not readily visible easier to see but I still don't know if what we see would be an accurate visualization.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Interesting thread. Nice OP. You present a rational and logical argument based on the extrapolations from the work of Einstein. Assuming Einstein had it right (which he isn't, or GR and Quantum Physics would work together) you could be on to something more than a philosophical debate of hypothetical fiction.

The thing that people don't consider when discussing "dimensions" is that Einstein's 4th dimension was not spacial. Time is not a spacial dimension, unless you are creating the tessaract out of frames of reference.

A tetradimensional space would require a direction of "in" and "out" (in addition to forward/backward, side to side, and up and down). "In" and "out" is an interesting concept when you juxtapose it with Brane Theory.

Perhaps gravity is nothing but the repulsive force of another "brane" existing in a direction that is "in" from where we are (or "out")? As galaxies drift further and further apart, there becomes less mass to repel this other "brane", causing a loss of stability. The two universes (or "branes") touch, releasing enormous amounts of energy, which coelesces into matter, giving us a "big bang", cyclical and self repeating.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Time is the 4th dimension and it is not fun to try to surpass it. In doing so it pushes the human body to a limit and puts us in danger of breaking. The cool stuff though is the major points that mean something in that "feild of vision" including trillions of humans spread throughout the Universe and connected via our minds through space and time. incrediably saucey if I do say so myself.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join