It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

picture quality and methedology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
the latest " evidence " in the malysian big foot case - prompted this mini rant - i dont mean to be saecastic ... but

has any one in malaysia got a ruler ???????

i gotto ask - because IMHO the FIRST rule < no pun intended > - is to take reference shots of what ever you find .

pictures taken at an oblique angle - with no scale are effing useless - when will " big foot investigators " realise this - and get thier act together ??

see this - for imporovised item to provide a reference scale

the foot print came out crap - because of poor light - and the fact i did not have time to use manual settings and take more shots till i got the levels correct

and here - is what delail / resolution you shoukld expect from a foot print image -

there is no ruler in this pic - because i took it for totally unrelated reasons -

but you can see a cigarette - and i assume that all factory ciggies are standard diametere - and filter lengh - so you do even have a sense of scale

i am just a muppet with a consumer digital camer - a kodak dx6490 - a 4 mega pix camera

and thats what i can do - with ease - how come " big foot investigators " cannot come up with as good or better pictures ????

just curious

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Here's your reference pic:

Happy now?

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
actually no - i am not happy - that is just the sort of worthless crapp pictures that get me anoyed - now you ask

they still havnt found a bloody ruler - in the whole of malaysia

amazing how they van get light and correct exposure on thier faces - but not the " object "

yup great " photography " - focus on the guys face - so the exposure level is totally feckd up - and hold it at a 90 degree angle to the camera - so you get ` fore shortening `

way to go guys

join