It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are your money trucks armed?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
After listening to to the new this morning here in the UK, it appears that a third robbery in as many weeks has taken place with large sums of money being stolen from the security firm Securitas.

www.sky.com...

It just got me wondering, none of our security vans carry fireams over here, i mean if they are quibbling about giving the police a gun they are hardly likely to arm a security guard are they now!

Do your firms like this carry weapons of any sort in the US? I know the money is insured anyway, but i think i'd definately think twice before robbing someone with a gun!

Not advocating they carry them by any means, i would'nt trust a lot of them with my kids pocket money let alone a firearm, i just wondered how it works over there.

CX.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Some are and some arn't. It just depends on the firm, what's being carried, etc... Though robberies of the trucks really don't seem to be all that common. The best, though, is some of the older trucks have rear opening doors and every couple years you hear about a truck dumping a LOAD of moneyout somewhere because someone didn't close the doors properly.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Ditto for here locally to me.

Some companies seem to allow sidearms, some trucks can be seen to have shotguns stored in the driver's compartment, and I see some companies that do not seem to arm their personnel or their trucks.

I don't know if they arm their people based on the size ($$$) of their load for the day or if they have a single policy that covers everything (either armed or unarmed all the time).

Since I live in a less densely populated area of the country, it is fun to watch the security guards do their jobs. Some are so security conscious that I can almost hear the theme to MISSION IMPOSSIBLE in the background and others treat the job like they are delivering the milk, never looking around at their surroundings.

But, I don't think we have had an armored car robbery here in a long, long time.

JDub

new topics

join