It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate POMS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Every pom I ever met always whinges. Why do they always whinge? They are so annoying, and I just hate their accents, their white skin, and their ugly faces! There are so many of them here in Sydney, it drives me nuts. They are in every department, on every bus (they are usually the driver), in every call centre! They should all just go back home! We dont need them or the Queen! I cant wait for Australia to become a republic so all you whinging poms can feel out of place!

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Excuse my ignorance. But what is a POM??

JAK

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Pom is Aussie slang for a Brit, it is usually preceeded by the word whinging in their quaint tongue.

I think it stems from an inherant inferiority complex born out of the knowlege that we found their uncivilised and barbaric homeland*(you couldn't find tea anywhere!), saw it was full of nasty, spiteful bitey creatures with pointy teeth and so dumped our convicts off out there and left bound for good ole Blighty and civilisation where you could get a nice cup of Earl Grey without getting attacked by an insect the size of your little fingernail yet which, through some amusing quirk of fate, had enough venom in one bite to kill two thirds of the worlds population.

Toodle-pip.

Jak

(*Which was very helpful to the aboriginal inhabitants as they were lost until we arrived)

[edit on 9/3/06 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
thanx Jak. was just wondering.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus_01
Every pom I ever met always whinges. Why do they always whinge?

What are you doing here then sport, if its not whinging?

and I just hate their white skin,

You hate our white skin? are you a rascist? most Australians forgive me if im wrong are Caucasian themselves in fact around 94% of Australians are of European descent, do you hate all white people? do you hate your fellow Australians who are white ?

There are so many of them here in Sydney, it drives me nuts. They are in every department, on every bus (they are usually the driver), in every call centre!

But then you lot don't take too kindly to "outsiders" do you ?

www.heraldsun.news.com.au...

www.news.com.au...

I cant wait for Australia to become a republic so all you whinging poms can feel out of place!

Why would we feel out of place ?

I just hate their accents

Ditto with the high pitched nasal drone and "Aussie internation" that you inflict on us, and the rest of the English speaking world, every thing you lot say ends up sounding like a question.

[edit on 9-3-2006 by buckaroo]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hey hey hey hey... dont start hating us Brits!

Dont hate all of us, we are not all the same. Not all of us are white.

And as for the accents well i think that is plain rude.

My family have spoken in this manner of years as did their parents as did theirs.

So

Dont hate me because i am different from you... if we were all the same it would be boring!

Oni x x

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Right now i can and normally would be very nasty here, but i will not sink to your Laval. All i have to say to you is that if it wasn't for us winging pommies you wouldn't live in your 'great' country. In fact if it wasn't for pommies you wouldn't be alive, as your family where probably pommies originally. It is not our fault that your family where a bunch of criminals or scum, well you generalised first.

This is a for sure though though, i am glad you don't live in England as we don't take kindly to your type **cough**Convicts**cough**

[edit on 9-3-2006 by picklewalsh]

[edit on 9-3-2006 by picklewalsh]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I love the Brits. I think they are great people with a fascinating history.

Oh, you Aussies are okay too.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
hahaha to me brits and aussies sound the same

/dodges fruit

BUT I LOVED CROCODILE DUN DEE!

/runs

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm sorry. I'm sure you'll get The Ashes back one day.

Originally posted by picklewalsh

This is a for sure though though, i am glad you don't live in England as we don't take kindly to your type **cough**Convicts**cough**

**cough

POM is a shortened acronym of Prisoner of His/Her Majesty (POHM). This refers to the fact that most of Australian's first settlers were convicts, sentenced to transportation. Upon arrival in the country they would sport a "uniform", with the four initials emblazoned on the back. Convicts with an extended stay on Australian soil would no longer have to wear the shirt, and would often refer to newer entrants into the country as "Pohmmys".

**cough

[edit on 9/3/06 by Implosion]

[edit on 24/4/06 by Implosion]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This thread has got to be right up there in my "Highest Level of Ignorance" seen in one thread category.

Racism. Is this really the kind of thing people want to see on ATS? Are we just going to become another one of those places full of flames? I mean, I know this is the Rant forum, but come on people. No need to foster hate.

That's about all I have to say. The ignorance and racism presented in this thread is stifling.

--Kit.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
^^ Dont know about the racism but it certainly has been educational.
Never knew what the heck "Pom" was, quite facinating actually- Prisioner Of Her/His Majesty !! What is 'whinging' exactly then ? -> Slang for quetching?

As for the pale skin remark I would think he was talking about the newer immigrants who havent quite got the Aussie tan, but maybe I am wrong- this is just a guess.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitsunegari

Racism. Is this really the kind of thing people want to see on ATS? Are we just going to become another one of those places full of flames? I mean, I know this is the Rant forum, but come on people. No need to foster hate.

That's about all I have to say. The ignorance and racism presented in this thread is stifling.

Im not being racist. Im just voicing my opinion as an aussie to a pom. Poms are so sensitive they cant handle any criticism they get. The Italians, Greeks, Kiwis (New Zealanders) and Slavs are ok about it - they know not to take things seriously as you poms. When I talk about skin colour - im not meaning as a race issue, rather - your skin is just so bloody white. You all need to tan - if u cant tan, use a tan lotion!
And if you all stopped whinging (Americans, sorry dont know what you would call that word) and if you all stopped loving the Queen, then maybe, just maybe, I could handle living with you all.
Americans, why do u call them Limeys??

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
you make me laugh...... listern and learn.... do you really think we all would be sitting indoors if the sun was out??
Britain is a cold place! and to be honest by your attitude i do not think i could handle you.

If you dont blimin like us so blimin what but you DO NOT EVER have the right to slate us! Also i think you an ignorant twat IMO.

But hey voice you opinion.... but if you point one figer 3 point back at you.

Oni x x

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
To hell with both of you Queen loving people!!!!

**makes a quick exit and hides behind a nuclear aircraft carrier**

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus_01

Americans, why do u call them Limeys??

Well this word is not generally used these days but it stems from the fact that the British used to consume a lot of lemons in order to prevent Scurvy hence the name Limey. Alternatively, it got its name due to the face one makes when one eats a lime, which to the Irish immigrants typified their attitude towards the British. Also add to this the stiff British demure and condescending tone and you can imagine the totally "sour" personality they projected.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Okay, I am going to be uncharacteristically blue here - The Brits are T*TS!

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
well this may come as a shock to you but Americans are not exactly loved here too, infact i would say to the average man on the steet there is nothing worse then yanks.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bibliophile
Okay, I am going to be uncharacteristically blue here - The Brits are T*TS!

and the yanks are w**k see i can rhyme too !

[edit on 11-3-2006 by buckaroo]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckaroo

and the yanks are w**k see i can rhyme too!

buckaroo -

In the US, t*ts can be a compliment which, in this case, it is.

I love the Brits. You will never hear me bash them.

Bibliophile

top topics

<<   2 >>

join