It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your opinion, what do I have.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Ok, I guess this may not be the best forum for this, but as it's the only one about Medical Issues, well I figure this could go here.

Ok, as the title says, I'd like you all to voice your opinion on what I might have.
And yes, I know and realise, ATS is not a good alternative to the doctors.

Ok, I think I may know what I have, but I want to know if anyone else thinks the same.

Ok, this morning when I left for schol it was drizly out, not a big deal, I walk in worse weather alot.

However about 30% through my walk to shcool, it started raining alot, and started snowing.

I was wearing a pair of pants, a short sleeved shirt and a hoody sweatshirt, ziped up all the way.
By the time I got to school, I literally looked like I had just jumped in a pool.

I only started feeling bad about 3 hours ago, these are my symptoms:

-Very cold, even though I'm still inpants and a long sleeved shirt (I changed when I got home), and have a blanket around me.
-My whole body is achy and feels like I just did an intense work-out.
-Whenever I move I hurt.
-I'm coughing really hard, and it hurts my lung areaa when I cough.
-I keep having to catvh my breath/ make myself breathe.

Anyways, I'd like everyones opinions on what may be wrong with me.

Oh and I'm gonna go to the doctors, I just can't go until Friday-Saturday.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Might be pneumonia, if you have a fever it cannot wait until friday and you need to call a doctor asap.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Getting cold outside and/or walking in the rain or snow will not make you sick. Colds, influenza, pneumonia, et al, are caused by viruses.

You already had a virus present in your body when you walked to school.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
First of all I am not a doctor and am not recommending or providing any medical advice.

I've heard that when you feel achy all over and may have some strong cold symptoms, that may be a sign of the flu. Of course someone's condition could always be worse or better than the flu and I don't know any medical psychics that can accurately diagnose someone via the internet. I believe I sound like a Chinese fortune cookie.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
My professional opinion? Herpes!!

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Rasobasi420´s avatar is trying to hypnotize me. It´s a conspiracy, don´t look at it!

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bibliophile
Getting cold outside and/or walking in the rain or snow will not make you sick. Colds, influenza, pneumonia, et al, are caused by viruses.

You already had a virus present in your body when you walked to school.

Dude, there is something called non-bacterial pneumonia.

Pneumonia

Pneumonia is an inflammation of the lungs most often caused by infection with bacteria or a virus. Pneumonia can make it hard to breathe because the lungs have to work harder to get enough oxygen into the bloodstream.

Symptoms of pneumonia caused by bacteria often begin suddenly and may follow an upper respiratory infection, such as influenza (flu) or a cold. Common symptoms include fever, a cough that often produces colored mucus (sputum) from the lungs, and rapid, often shallow breathing.

Older adults may have different, fewer, or milder symptoms. The major sign of pneumonia in older adults may be a change in how well they think (confusion or delirium) or a worsening of a lung disease they already have.

Symptoms of pneumonia not caused by bacteria (nonbacterial) include fever, cough, and shortness of breath, and there may be little mucus production.

[edit on 8-3-2006 by HardToGet]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
~~

up till a few years ago
i scoffed at people who had 'anxiety attacks'
i thought it was all hype and overstatement....

but when i found myself in the 'cycle'
i kinda realized the physiological distress was real
even though the condition was brought on by being hyper-sensitive
and concocting all these fatalistic visions of my 'apparent' condition

if you can't phone 9-11 and get billed later
then your lucid enough to calculate your chances
....But, Who wants to play that kind of Russian Roulette??

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Thank you all for your responses, I'm gonna see about going to the doctors tomorrow.

I think it is phneumonia, thats what I thought it was before I mnade this thread as well.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Sounds to me like you might have the bird flu. Or maybe SARS. It's the wrong season for West Nile Virus.

But seriously, sounds like you have The AIDS.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Ok seriously,
You can't get pneumonia in ONE day, no matter what. The closest thing would be aspiration pneumonia, but, unless you literally almost drowned in a puddle, it isn't likely. Chances are, you're just coming down with a cold, which you feel alot worse because you were chilled to the bone. If you're asthmatic, you could feel alot worse. Do you smoke? I do and I know if I go into the cold it hurts my chest, and I feel like crap, especially if its damp. Get some fresh gingerroot, shave a couple of slices off and steep it in hot water, mix some honey in it and drink. Then see how you feel. Peppermint tea will also have the same effect.
Try a hot bubble bath to get rid of the chills, Id guess you'll be fine.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It's probably the result of alien abduction for more info

Ask Dr. Saucer

More info on Dr. Saucers proffesional backround

[edit on 9-3-2006 by Spatacus]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
iv been sick since sunday its only getting worse not better my fever has been a low grade one about 100 degrees. my cough kills my lungs and i cant sleep cause of it. its just awful. i was hopeing to feel better by now. but im not.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
usually takes 7 days to start to ease out of a cold. Drink some ginger tea, also cayanne peppers are awesome at opening up breathing passages. I always order a pint of hot and sour soup from the chinese restaurant when I have a cold and I feel awesome after it.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Shar my friend, you have the classic symptoms of "exposure". You assulted your immune system by allowing yourself to be cold and wet for that period of time and you are now suffering from flu-like symptoms.

Should your cough continue and if you are bringing up green phlem, get yourself to a doctor, you may have an infection in your lung.

Regards,

Dobbie
(MD...just kidding :up

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well I'm pretty sure I was wrong now, about thinking it was pneumonia.

I felt horrrible all yesterday and early this morning, but I'm feeling much better now, only thing left really is a cough, and it's not even as bad as it was.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Just like Dr. Saucer...here is my disclaimer...

I am not, technically speaking or 'not technically speaking', a real medical doctor, psychologist or even a dentist.
In fact, I lack a college degree of any kind.
I do not have a high school diploma, and to tell you the truth I barely made it through the 5th grade,
so take nothing stated here as medical advice.

Here are a few questions that need to be answered ASAP because if you have what I think you have, then all hell will break loose by the year 2012, if not sooner!

1. Do you have the desire to hump small animals?

2. Do you often touch yourself "there" without even knowing you are doing it?

3. When you rode the bus to school as a child, did you ride the "Short" bus?

4. When your mother calls you for supper and says "tell your brother and your uncle its time to wash up", do you tell just one person?

5. Have you had ANY contact with ANY featherless, sickly looking birds from Asia recently?

Please post your answers back ASAP and I will have a diagnosis for you by next Wednesday, permitting your still sane enough to read this board!

- One Man Short

[edit on 9-3-2006 by One Man Short of Manhood]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Assuming your asking me, which I figure you are, since, well yeah.

Are you serious?

Well, I'll answer the questions, just for fun.

1. No, not small animals.

2. Not without knowing, no.
3. Never rode the bus in the first place.
4. Err, I don't even know how to answer that.
5. No, no I have'nt.

Well, that was sorta fun.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Maybe it was those chemtrail sprayers that criss cross the sky laying down thick clouds of who knows what. I swear I have become ill from that stuff on several cases and it always goes into your lungs. Nasty dude!

new topics

top topics

join