It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.C: TinWiki, Your new conspiricy companion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

PODcast: TinWiki, Your new conspiricy companion
Calling all members, We need your help here.

length: 05:54
file: atscpod_1518.mp3
size: 1381k
feed: atsc

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I would have been happy to help, if I ever had TinWiki officially announced to me. I got a U2U from someone explaining that it was going to be a Wikipedia section devoted entirely to conspiracies, but that's all I knew until now. At the time of posting this, the link at the top of the page still doesn't work. Only while listening to your podcast did I get the idea to go to Wikipedia and actually search Tinwiki.

For anybody who wants to know, the link is www.tinwiki.org... .

Also, the 'tin' part now makes sense to me. I had no idea what that was about.

So thanks Mr Wupy for informing me, and undoubtedly numerous others, about what TinWiki actually is, and what it is going to be used for.

I would be happy to be an editor for TinWiki. I consider my spelling and grammar to be a notch above most people, and I also find strange enjoyment in ripping apart the writing of others. I can probably help make the section more coherant. I'm going to bed for now, but I'll try to get signed up tomorrow.

But one thing though.... there are so many very thorough threads already on ATS. Do we really need to write up new original articles? We can basically just take the info and throw it right on TinWiki, it will save a lot of time. I mean, it's all covered under the Creative Commons, so ATS can use the information however they want, right?

[edit on 8-3-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
I would have been happy to help, if I ever had TinWiki officially announced to me.

UH OH! I sure hope I didn't screw up by making a podcast on the subject. Now i'm scared.

I'm trying to tell myself i'm just being paranoid, but I have the right to be paranoid.

AAGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to go hide in my closet now.

Wupy

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I think it is okay mrwupy. SkepticOverlord has mentioned it a few times on various threads and handed out the link.

Yarcofin, you need to spend some points and get into RATS
I could really use your help bulking up some of the articles I've started.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Yes, we do need more people to assist in the Tin Wiki project, I've already started contributing. There's still a HUGE amount that we can add to it, but we will be needing people to help with the following:

1. Spell-checking and grammar-checking.

2. Maintaining cross-reference integrity (checking that all the entries are properly linked, instead of being not linked at all).

3. Adding typo-result pages, for when people search for something and make a typo. eg. Reptillian, as a typo for Reptilian. For this one I simply put in 'See [[Reptiloid]].'

4. Adding alternative-name entries. For example, I added 'See [[Reptiloid]].' for the Reptilian entry. Other examples could be 'Conspiracy Nut', 'Conspiracy Fan', 'Conspiracy Master', 'TinFoil Hat Wearer' which could all link to 'Conspiracy Theorist'.

5. Scouring the forums for information to add to the TinWiki, for both new, and existing entries.

6. Finding links in the ATS forums to add to the entries in TinWiki. (remember that we want to use TinWiki to increase awareness of ATS, too)

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

PODcast: TinWiki, Your new conspiricy companion (reply 1)
NrKy responds, yay!

length: 04:11
file: atscpod_1519.mp3
size: 983k
feed:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Some very good input nrky.

I think mainly we need more people involved just to get more entries made. People need to "self appoint" jobs and do what they think they are best at.

Self proclaimed grammar or spelling Nazis can be put to good work on a wiki.

People that are good at tagging threads would do well in adding “Relevant Discussion Threads."

FSMEs or those that should be a FSME on a certain board can really strut their stuff by creating new entries and bulking up existing ones.

Be sure to check out the TinWiki threads on RATS and tinwiki.org....

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Ah maybe that's where I missed out on the inside info. I haven't bothered to renew my RATS subscription. I had always mysteriously gotten it for free since I signed up, until the option of signing up went down shortly after Serpo, and when it came back I was not freeloading RATS membership anymore

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
MrWupy, I'm playing this podcast in this week's episode of The Conspiracy Hour at nettalkradio.co.uk, saturday march 11th 8-9pm GMT.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nrky
MrWupy, I'm playing this podcast in this week's episode of The Conspiracy Hour at nettalkradio.co.uk, saturday march 11th 8-9pm GMT.

WOOHOO!!!! I'm going to be on the radio. I'm going to call my mamma right now and tell her she can be proud of me again

This is cool my friend, I hope your listeners enjoy it and I appreciate the fact you liked it enough to use it on your show. Thank you.

Wupy

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

PODcast: TinWiki, Your new conspiricy companion (reply 2)
Majic discusses tinWiki.org, the wiki concept and some of the ins and outs of the wiki format.

length: 06:55
file: atscpod_1538.mp3
size: 1216k
feed:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I'm playing majic's response to this podthread in this week's ATS PODCasting overview on The Conspiracy Hour, at NetTalkRadio.co.uk, 8-9pm GMT Saturdays, simultaneously being podcasted at ATS PODSpace. ^_^

[edit on 18/3/2006 by nrky]

top topics

join