It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson in Dissent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This is an excellent story. Interesting and timely. I highly recommend reading it.

The White Rose

They believed that it was the duty of a citizen, even in times of war, to stand up against an evil regime, especially when it is sending hundreds of thousands of its citizens to their deaths.

The Scholl siblings began sharing their feelings with a few of their friends – Christoph Probst, Alexander Schmorell, Willi Graf – as well as with Kurt Huber, their psychology and philosophy professor.

One day in 1942, copies of a leaflet entitled "The White Rose" suddenly appeared at the University of Munich. The leaflet contained an anonymous essay that said that the Nazi system had slowly imprisoned the German people and was now destroying them. The Nazi regime had turned evil. It was time, the essay said, for Germans to rise up and resist the tyranny of their own government. At the bottom of the essay, the following request appeared: "Please make as many copies of this leaflet as you can and distribute them."

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I've never heard of those people or this event, but that is a fascinating story. I don't know how effective the essay was in fighting the Nazi regime, but it was definitely a step in the right direction. I hope those people got a posthumous medal or something like that, they deserved it.

And now... prepare to be awarded the WATS medal!

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well at least the US is not quite as bad as it was in Nazi germany YET. Its getting there but its a matter of avoiding that point. Question is will a revolution happen in the US to prevent the same thing from happening again? So far Vietnam happened, followed by Iraq, soon to be Iran and Syria if things keep going as they are. So where the breaking point?

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vekar
So where the breaking point?

I don't think it will be something we'll recognize as a defining event. At least not until far after the fact. We may have already hit it. Just as it happened then, I believe it will happen now, slowly, steadily, as nrky says in his conspiracy PODcasts, the Totalitarian Tiptoe. With a section of 'loyalists' following the leaders, thinking they're doing the right thing.

That is if we don't turn it around somehow.

DragonsDemesne, Thank you.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vekar
Well at least the US is not quite as bad as it was in Nazi germany YET. Its getting there but its a matter of avoiding that point.

Reminds me of a famous anecdote that goes something like this...

"If you throw a frog into a pot of boiling water, he will jump out.
But if you put a frog into a pot of cold water and place on a low flame he will sit there quite placidly.
As the water gradually heats up the frog will sink into a tranquil stupor, and will allow itself to be boiled to death."

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I know that one too and belive thats whats happening as well. Only difference is I cannot find words to express what is going on, but yes this process is a slow one. It started after WW2 when the MIC (Military Industrial Complex) found out how much money and power comes from war, followed by their attempt at world power. "These people are willing to wait 100 years for this to happen" a veteran of Panama said this to me and I belive it (homeless blackguy I met at a political gathering) and frankly we have to relize the water is already getting close to the 50% complete part and jump out. Problem is they have put a pot inside the pot, the pot outside of us is boiling now, so we jump out we die or have to find a way around the death march, if we stay we die slowly.... So I think its best we jump out and swim across the pits of hell before us and take them on and finish this once and for all in whatever meens necessary to stop them.

Che once said: "I envy you people of North America, for you will fight the most important fight of all, you live in the belly of the beast."
How many lives will it cost? How much blood must be spilled? Will we commit the same mistakes again afterwords if there is an afterwords?
Truthfully, I have no kids and dont want any, why? because I dont want them to grow up in this kind of nation or world. I sure as heck dont want to see other peoples kids grow up in this tyranny either, and I refuse to pass on our mistakes to the next generation then dissapear into the night and see what happens unless I am absolutely forced to.
The question still stands: It happened once, twice, thrice, and now a fourth time. What are we going to do? Hitler proved that those who opposed him peacefully were fools, and those of you who think that it would be impossible for them to do it here:

Do you shoot the sheep or the herder? The sheep just follow, the herder shows them where to go and what to do. You dont shoot the sheep and leave the herder because the herder will just get more sheep. If you shoot the herder the sheep are scared and bleet but wont fight because they have no moral, no icon to follow.
The protesteres are all drawn by a figurehead of some kind, and if you remove the figurehead then they have no one to follow. You dont shoot the followers you shoot the ones who start it, which is a very small number who have the ability to. Once this is done you just do like George Orwell said 1984, seek out the potential new leaders and shoot them or in this case: off to a concentration camp. Soon people will be far too scared to act, and we will become a TRUE nation of slaves to the new world order.
People the powder keg is in our own nation, or if your in GB its in yours too and even Canada, all three must work as one to accomplish their goals, and so far they have. Now are we going to light the fuse or let them do it? We can light the fuse and shove the keg in their face and take them out, or we can let them do it to us.
I dont know how many of you are familiar with Peter, Paul, and Marry but you need to go look up a song that kinda goes like this that they wrote:
How many times must the cannon balls fly before they are ever banned.
Yeah its a kids song but I remember it vividly, they sung it during Vietnam and other songs, maybe its time we listen to them and others. Maybe its time we stood up for whats right instead of beating around the bush. If we dont stand up now we never will, when we do stand up one of two things will happen:
1-The people overcome them and never let this happen again by finish off every last one of them.
2-The people fail, they solidfy their power and rush forth their plan of the new world order and what would have taken 100 years now takes 10.
We can wait for them to move against us, and frankly they already HAVE, or we can move faster against them.
PEOPLE THE KEG IS LIT! Now its a game of pass the hot potato, only now its pass the bomb before it blows up. So who wants to be holding it when the fuse runs out? Or are we going to CUT the fuse and end this madness and end them as well. I think we should cut the fuse and end them and thus take out two birds with one stone rather than suffer the concequences of our failures. If we fail now your children will never know what its like to be free, they will live in a unquestioningly fascist state, they still have rights to do "what they want" and "buy what they want" as well as "go where they want" but will be watched by their every move and if they so much as breath wrong will have their life snuffed out of them.
When have we had enough?

[edit on 9-3-2006 by Vekar]

new topics

top topics

join