It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super-happy-mega-funtime 100inch LCD TV.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
L.G. Philips has created a 100 inch, thin LCD TV/display.

The 100-inch LCD panel is approximately 1.5 times bigger than the current largest LCD panel of 82-inches and is similar in size to the largest plasma display panel (PDP) currently available.

Developed at LG.Philips LCD’s P7, which the company claims is the world’s largest seventh-generation (7G) substrate (1950×2250mm) fabrication line, in Paju, South Korea, the 100-inch panel is a wide screen (16:9) LCD TV panel with a screen width and height exceeding 2.2m and 1.2m, respectively.

With LG.Philips LCD’s proprietary copper-based interconnect technology, the 100-inch LCD panel supports a response speed below 5ms and offers 6.22 million-pixel picture quality, according to the company.

TechNovelgy/D igiTimes

Pretty cool I guess, I don't really see a use for such a huge screen in the home, in the work place, and at educational facilities though, I think it could be used.

Comments, Opinions?

EDIT:
Fixed link problem.

[edit on 3/8/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I suppose it would be good about 40 years from now when i'm 85 and the old sight is giving out. Then again, maybe they should be investing in fixing eyeballs instead of making tv's bigger

I'm sure they will find a good use for it if they have taken the time to create it.

Wupy

new topics

join