It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could an entire town be arrested if...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Ok, well after reading another thread, the one about that Pastor Phelps person, I started thinking.

Now here's my scenario.

Theres a group like this one, that not only is against homosexuality, but also against anyone who's not white.

Now say this group protested at a serviceman's funeral like Phelps group did, and the town had warned them many times before to stay out of the town.

The group does'nt listen to the town, and comes in and protests, now say the protests turn, not quite violent, but pretty much make everyone in town hate the protestors.

A single protestor throws a bottle into the funeral crowd.

The protestors are comprised mainly of adult white males, there are only 2 or 3 women, and no one under 25, the group is comprised of 15 individuals.

The town kills the protestors.

The town, of 700 people all are in agreement that no one should be arrested in regards to the death of the protestors.

So, would the entire town be arrested, saying that they all broke one law or another, or would it become a case in which everyone just looks away.

What are your thoughts and opinions?

MOD NOTE:
Oh and, this is here because I could'nt figure out where to put it.
Please feel free to move it to whatever place it is most appropriate.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I don't see how they have the right to just look away. If the men who are installed to carry out the law are not following in accordance, than somebody above them would have to come in.

I would say with this amount of people word would spread quickly, Federal levels of government would become aware of what was happening and would have to react to it.

If you say that no media is involved, word is not spread about it than sure its possible.

But the second the media puts its slants on it, and portrays the victims, of course someone within the country will be sympathetic towards them and expect the government to take action.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It's been done twice that I am aware of -- a community united against a violent town bully

The first instance someone got a guilty conscience and basically told the state police who did what.

The second instance the criminal just 'disappeared'. He remained officially a missing person even though it was common knowledge he was buried out in the woods somewhere. Everyone stayed silent and no charges were ever filed.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Ok, good posts/responses, thanks Chissler and Dave_54.

If the story was released to the press, and the press did'nt change it, just told as it is, do you think there would be alot of people calling for the arrest of the town?

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
If the story hit the press and no one from the town would admit to anything, you could have a bunch of officials possibly look into the situation, i.e. the Governor, State Attorney General, State Police, County Police, local FBI, etc. etc. It would depend on if those higher-ups wanted to spend time and money to investigate the story of a person(s) disappearing in a community.

JDub

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
id be very surprised this could happen,,,maybe 200 hundred years ago,,but not now.....the protesters have families wich i think would prob like to know what happened to there husband wives kids uncles...

new topics

top topics

join