It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there a statue of Persephone on top of the White House?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I am just wondering..and I am also connecting this to Bohemian Grove...along with the Illuminati. but why in the world is there a statue of Persephone on top of the white house? I thought it was originally supposed to be Mary or someone...but the goddess of the underworld???....hmmm.....seems odd to me. Anyways, the reason why this relates to Bohemian Grove ritual, is because they were using the song from Fantasia from the short called, "Goddess of Spring" In which it involved the goddess of the underworld kidnapping the princess.

So what do you all have to say about this?

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
never knew there wasa a statue on top of the white house.

no idea what possible significance it could have.

ESPECIALLY if it is someone's view of the "god of the underworld". Maybe the millions of people we have killed in the last 300 years, we thought it fitting that the house of the commander in cheif of our military would have satanic persuasions.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
youtube.com...

watch this video. you may have seen it but it talks a bit about the statue your talking about. and yes it is the goddess of the underworld. they say its the ladyfreedom but thats just to make it nice if anyone asks.

en.wikipedia.org...

heres the info on her

[edit on 8-3-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Persephone is not the goddess of the Underworld. She was trapped in the Underworld after being kidnapped by old Hades..or whatever his name is. Then she was forced to spend the same number of months every year with him in the Underworld (same number of months as the number of pomegranate seeds she ate while held captive). Those months her mother mourns...and so does the earth - i.e. the months of winter.

She's not exactly all up in the happy about it.

Blame it on the pomegranate.

[edit on 3-8-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
youtube.com...

watch this video. you may have seen it but it talks a bit about the statue your talking about. and yes it is the goddess of the underworld. they say its the ladyfreedom but thats just to make it nice if anyone asks.

en.wikipedia.org...

heres the info on her

Ah yes, I love that videom, seen it before. Awesome music. thanx for the link. Don't you just love vids like that?

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
~~

i looked around for stuff about Persephone atop the WhiteHouse

all i found was that-->

...Her historical name is Persephone.
She stands atop the United States Capitol Building
source: www.leavingbabylon.com...

~~~~~

the 236th anniversary of USA is also year 2012
236 reduces to '11' which has mystical gravitas

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Because she's hot. It symbolizes that the United States is all about hot chicks and not fatties.

mod edit: removed inappropriate comment

[edit on 9-3-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
Because she's hot. It symbolizes that the United States is all about hot chicks and not fatties.

OMG! you summed it all up in one sentance. nice!

[edit on 9-3-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Persephone is not the goddess of the Underworld. She was trapped in the Underworld after being kidnapped by old Hades..or whatever his name is. Then she was forced to spend the same number of months every year with him in the Underworld (same number of months as the number of pomegranate seeds she ate while held captive).

Not quite. Persephone most definitely is the queen of the underworld. She married Hades, which automatically makes her the queen of the Underworld. And Queen of the Underworld is her title. It's docdumented in my Dictionary of Classical Mythology, a seminal work in mythology. Look it up, check your facts before posting.

Being the goddess of the underworld really makes one wonder why she's on top of the Capitol building...?

-Forestlady

-Forestlady

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The whole US state is a massive ritualisticaly driven center of Masonic corruption.

From the so called statue of liberty to the so called lady of freedom on the US home of democracy. Its a sham pure and simple. Masonic statues to show just who really rule the united states. Freemasons and the illuminati through a pact with the devil through their worship of him.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
MadGreebo, how do you figure the Statue of Liberty was a Masonic conspiracy?

-Forestlady

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
That's not the Whitehouse...It's the Capitol Building.

It's not Bushy- it's everyone else!

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Since we're talking Greek Mythology here, didn’t Persephone have the final say on granting entry into Elysium? And only those who lived a virtuous life can gain entry to Elysium. To just depict her as the goddess of the underworld doesn’t sound to promising, but reading the tales of Greek Mythology can open various subjective opinions on why she's placed atop the Whitehouse.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Forest lady I take it you have never been to the stature of Liberty??

Its FROM French Masonsonic lodges TO US Masonic lodges. Paid for by Masons, given to Masons BY Masons.

So.... Its a Masonic statue of Queen Seramias, who is the godess of masonic Freemasonary. Look, heres the piccie to prove to you just who sent it to the US and why....

www.cobhammasons.org.uk...

Forest its a Masonic statue that is representing Illuminati ( Illuminated ones) goals and ideals hence the 'Lighting the world' passage.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Not quite. Persephone most definitely is the queen of the underworld. She married Hades, which automatically makes her the queen of the Underworld. And Queen of the Underworld is her title. It's docdumented in my Dictionary of Classical Mythology, a seminal work in mythology. Look it up, check your facts before posting.

Being the goddess of the underworld really makes one wonder why she's on top of the Capitol building...?
-Forestlady

Maybe, Ms. Nastypants, you want to check your own posts before you post. A queen is not a goddess. Just ask the brits. One might be queen of the underworld and seperately be a goddess of spring (the personification of renewal, even).

Next, becoming queen via Stockholm Syndrome does not mean you take over the functions of your husband. Do you have a husband? If so, do you get to use his job title because you married him? Don't be stupid.

So, again, for all those folks out there who are getting confused by all this "goddess of the underworld" rubbish, Valhall had it right. Just because others are careless with their terminology does not mean we should be so.

That said, Queen of the Dead, Queen of the Underworld, The Maiden, or the personification of the cycle of life—death—rebirth...If I have to choose, I'll choose the cycle. I'd be willing to bet that she is symbolizing the rebirth of a nation out of the death of the colonial system. Not much of a stretch if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Is there any doubt that there is a hidden, "occultic" history of the world and America that very few know and understand the significance of?

The statue of Persephone is only one small little detail in the grand scope of the occultic history of Washington D.C.

The layout for the streets of D.C. which anyone can find with a simple search on Google will reveal the completed architectural goals of early American Masonic designers and planners. Pierre Charles L'Enfante, the designer of the D.C. layouts was a Freemason.

How about the Supreme Masonic Temple across from the Supreme Court? The statue of Albert Pike? Or The Washington Obelisk err Monument?

While many of you bicker over insignficant issues and details such as the appropriate title of Persephone as "Goddess" or "Queen", you become purposefully distracted and blinded to the real issues.

As the old illuminated saying goes, Ordo Ab Chao

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The story is [Ovid] that Persephone [Proserpine] was picking beautiful flowers in a meadow.

Pluto had been struck by Cupids arrow and Persephone was now the object of his desire.

Athena sent Cupid to torment Pluto with ‘love’ and there, in the vale of Enna he sees Persephone.

As she is carried away the flowers fall from her apron. A metaphorical de-flowering….

Pluto drags Persephone into the underworld to Tartarus, away from the sun, light and laughter, down to the world of shades and shadows.

And so we have the image of a young and innocent girl overwhelmed by dark forces. Persephone,who was previously known as Kore ("the maiden") becomes the eternal victim, forever abused by Pluto the incestuous uncle.

The deeper meaning of this story is the call to awakening and to ones own power.

Persephone so often represents the virgin, unawakened, self-enclosed and remote, living an inward life and it is hard not to see her abduction as a blessing done in the service of her own soul.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What if the statue is Diana or Isis or some other more significant diety and they are only lying to everyone? They already lied once about the identity of this statue so why not lie again?

why do the masons own and control everything is annother good question?

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
they were hung up on image of greatness and decided to build them so people would not tare them down when angered.history shows churches castles and great cites made weird buildig to keep the local people confused and in awe of the master at the wheel lol.yeah what is with the liberty statue from the french.oh wait i forgot they wanted to piss off the british lol....

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
The whole US state is a massive ritualisticaly driven center of Masonic corruption.

From the so called statue of liberty to the so called lady of freedom on the US home of democracy. Its a sham pure and simple. Masonic statues to show just who really rule the united states. Freemasons and the illuminati through a pact with the devil through their worship of him.

Finally! thankyou atleast someone speaks my language here. I am not saying that I bash other people for saying other things, but it is obviously clear to me, that you know ALL about what's going on, like I and many other do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join