It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groper in 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Arnold: see Ronald Reagan

RR: In 1966 he was elected Governor of California by a margin of a million votes; he was re-elected in 1970.

)()()()(
No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.

wwwsecure.law.cornell.edu...
)()()()(

(Oh no, I quoted the constitution I need to be put on the watch list now.
)

)()()()(
Arnold was the embodiment of the American (a naturalized citizen since 1983) dream when he was appointed by President Bush to chair the President's Council on Physical Fitness, traveling to schools throughout the country to check on their physical education programs and at times finding none existed.

www.thespiannet.com...
)()()()(

So it looks like Arnold has been a citizen for 20 years now. If I have read something wrong here let me know but it looks like Arnold would be allowed to be President without a constitutional amendment.

--Schwarzenegger preparing to become chief executive of the nation's most-populous state and the world's fifth-largest economy.

--Wins over over 134 other candidates

--Allegedly groped and sexually harassed at least 15 women

--Member of Bohemian Club

(The cubbies are in the playoffs. Tampa Bay won the Super Bowl last year. Arnold is governator. It looks like it's time to wind America down. It's been a great ride.)

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 05:34 AM
link   
OOPS!

"at the time of the adoption of this Constitution"

Sorry. I guess we'll need Ashcroft to rip that part up too.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Hrm, I seem to remember it being stipulated that only natural born citizens could actually run for president, but perhaps the memory from HS governement class is a bit fuzzy. That aside, even if he has no plans to run for president he sure is doing good, cause california is one of those states that can make or break a presidential campaign when it comes around to election time.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 05:55 AM
link   
If he becomes president say goodbye to the world! Although mabye he is a better option than bush!

But i suppose its the same people running the USA just the face at the front changes.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I caught my mistake. I had decided to check the constitution since I hadn't studied this stuff since grade school some time.

I mistakenly took "or a citizen of the United States" (which could mean naturalized) but didn't take in "at the time of the adoption of this Constitution". That's what happens after 9 hours of boring work. My eyes start glossin over on me.

new topics

top topics

join