It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-16 FIGHTING FALCON, best light fighter yet?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Fulcrum/John....
In classes'....
Forgot to post to this last night...my apologies...sorry..BUT, will post late tonight, and if not tonight..tomorrow, my friend...promise.
To be perfectly honest though....
with the amount of information that you are providing.....will be hard to top that...great job John!

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
the damn thing looks hot! Outfit it with some device that allows short take-off and vertical landing and I would be first on the order list down at the dealership. Imagine dropping out of the sky and extracting your 24" TIS chrome deep dish rims, then rolling up to the club with the turbine screaming. Oh wow, the ladies would be lovin' it.

daydreaming is great...

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Here are a few light fighters I like.

Also I believe that the F-5 is a light fighter even though it has two engines.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Found these John/Fulcrum:

"SoC-based F-16 radar system passes initial tests at Edwards AFB"
Link:
f-16.net...

"JAS-39vs M-2000-5vs F-16 blk 52 vs Mig-29SMT-2"
Link:
pub137.ezboard.com...

"Is F-16 better than SU-30?"
Link:
pub137.ezboard.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   

This F-16 SOC radar..

Does that mean that it has the radar software on 'flash rom/ram' / rom chip..
(something like AMIGAs haviving KICKSTART on a ROM CHIP..?)

Also Serbs possibly having JAS 39s..

That would good..

Here about IAI F-16 ACE:
(i did a babelfish traslation on it..)

F-16 ACE:

During May 2001 of year successfully completed its first flight F -16, improved by the consortium of?Israyeli Defense Of industriyes?.Program is achieved under the management/manual of?Airchraft Of industriyes ' Layuav Division?and it?Elbit System?.Takeoff did take place on the territory of the flying test center of?Israyeli To defense Of industriyes?locating in the international airport of?Ben Of gurion?in Israel.After additional test flights F -16 it flew to France in order to be shown on Parisian aviasalone 2001 of year.

The first flight was perfected after the completion of the last stage of modernization, which included installation on the prototype F -16 ACHE (Avionichs Of chapabilitiyes Of enyuanchement) of the new systems of avionics, developed?IAI/LAYuAV's System Of integration Of laboratory?.this task was executed by pilots, system engineers and programmers OF?IAI/LAYUAV?and it?Elbit System?.Pilots testers are struck by a considerable increase in the possibilities, allowed by new display and avionics.Initial avionics F -16 was created in 1970- X years.

Close collaboration between the military producers of Israel, collaboration from?Lochkyueyed Martin?- by creator F -16 aid from the side of the Israeli ministries of defense and Finance they did make possible implementation of the program F -16 ACHE. the park F -16 of Israeli VVS he is the first candidate for the participation in the program F -16 ACHE. besides?IAI/LAYUAV?and it?Elbit System?in the program took part IAI/Elta Of elechtronichs, Eat- op, Astronautichs, Rafayel, Rada, IAI/MLM, Israyel Of military Of industriyes, To syuayuam Of elechtronichs, Rokar, and orbits.

The final prototype F -16 ACHE reflects enormous the progress in the technologies of avionics, which occurred in recent years.The new complete set of avionics is compared with the fact that it is established/installed today on the foremost destroyers.The pilots F -16 ACHE will reveal and identify targets/purposes with the aid of the radar and systems of the fire control of?IAI/Elta Of el/m-20e2?.this foremost SAR radar has the salient capabilities on working/treatment of the ground-based and aerial targets.

In F -16 ACHE of target/purpose the necessary information is mapped onto the echo of shch"kh"" the colored displays, which create by?polnost'yu glass cab?,which will be established/installed on all acting F -16. Shirokogradusnyy YUUD developed Eat- op it projects information for the glazing.However, in the pilots F -16 ACHE there will be alternative YUUD?the display, installed into the helmet, developed Yelbit.

For the purpose to reduce load on the pilot, new front control board (UFCHP) with the integral display is arranged/located directly before the pilot._ with use (UFCP) reduce to minimum number action, necessary for data input, reading communication and control system aircraft.this?druzhestvennaya for the user?panel is only one example of the fact that F -16 ACHE has the optimized interface the?celovek- machine?,based on the wide experience, acquired by Israeli pilots during the use of different foremost combat aircraft.

The information, obtained by the sensors F -16 ACHE, just as the information, obtained from the external sensors, is processed by powerful/thick onboard computer and is derived/concluded to the new displays.And onboard computer and displays are developed in Israel.

Avionics F -16 ACHE has the?otkrytuyu architecture?,which means that the new sensors (internal and external), data links and existing and promising weapon systems can be added without a change in the equipment ("the plow of Andes Play").Changes will be necessary only in software.

Sensors with the high possibilities, such as Litening hearth, developed Rafayel, YESH of system, the foremost systems of communications and communications, developed Of iAI's LAYUAV, MLM Of divisions and Rafayel;the moving map/chart/card, and internal navigation system with built-in GPS, developed Yelbit System's Of digital they do compose only the part of avionics, which will be established/installed during the modification F -16 ACHE F -16 ACHE it can be equipped with different weapon systems, which compose?slivki?the combat arsenal of Israel:Litening hearth, Yelta's YESH hearth, the large 600 gallonovye external fuel tanks, developed Of israyel Of military Of industriyes, bomb with the laser guidance, URVP Are popeye from Rafayel and air-to-air missile Of pytyuon IV.

The staggering aerodynamic possibilities F -16, which make it possible for pilots to use aggressive style of control of aircraft, made necessary introduction also of structural changes.Thus the program Of falchon-Up and the additional structures of change, achieved BY IAI/LAYUAV, are the component parts of the program of modernization.The modernization F -16 ACHE will be supplied to users with comprehensive logistic support both for the original packet, supplied Of lochkyueyed Martin and by new avionics, by sensors and by weapon systems.

Intensive flight test program, will make it possible to certify F -16 ACHE and will make possible to initiate the program of series modernization during 2002 years.It is expected that the cost/value of the series modernization F -16 ACHE will be substantially lower than in competitors, and combat capabilities will be excellent.

1) Layuav -> Lahav
2) Parisian aviasalone -> Paris airshow
3) ACHE -> ACE (Avionics Capabilities Enhancement..)
4) pytyuon IV -> Puthon IV
5) lochkyueyed Martin -> Lockheed Martin

F-16B s/n 4X-ACE - IDF/AF - June 2001, with Rafael Python 4 (lower) and Derby AAMs.

Some rock bottom AAMs there, especially Python IV!
Derby most likely is also very good.. But has not yet been used in gombat..

And reason why i post this info about IAI F-16 ACE is:

These F-16 ACE aircraft are most capable F-16s around to day..
(something that has been said in AirForces monthly and AirInternational magazines..)

And these are modified F-16 A/Bs..

Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
From here!!!

Enjoy!!!
(Python IV Video is especially rocks bottom..)

WVR AAM Python IV!!!

WVR AAM Python V!!!

BVR AAM Derby!!!

In 26.11.2002 the first flight of the Have-Lite (a lightweight version of the Popeye standoff precision attack missile)
was successfully conducted by Lockheed Martin and RAFAEL, as a U.S. Air Force F-16 pilot launched the missile
and controlled the weapon to a high precision hit,
while flying the aircraft.

And some beautiful pics about beautiful aircraft!!!

Enjoy!!!

Regards
Supreme Viper driver

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I am not wishing to sound snide or sarcastic... but the title for this thread is F-16...., best light fighter yet?

Having the question mark in the title led me to assume you were asking our opinions. If that is the case, then no, I don't believe it is.

And, later on, someone stated a two-engine plane isn't considered "light". True, but when a two-engine and a single engine are competing in the same prototype tests/ project (ie when the Cobra and Falcon competed for Air Force fighter), where does the distinction lay?

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
soothsayer,

I started this topic to HONOR the F-16s.

And to make its capabilities know to everybody who wants to know them.

This is to those who respect the good looks and power of this machine of war..

There will be no mud slinning at the F-16s here, i hope.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
the aircraft is only as good as the man flying it. thats why the USAF and IDF/AF pilots (the best pilots in the world) can shoot down anything the baddies throw at them. doesnt matter what fighter it is, it all comes down to training and exprience.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The man speaky da truth!!

regardless of its age and what some consider to be design flaws, the F-16 remains one of the best fighters we have, simply because of its reliacility and the skill of our pilots.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I am just hoping that the F-35 will be able to fill the very large shoes that the F-16 will leave behind when it is gone.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
My step dad pilots those. There Grrrrreat! LOL

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Its all About the f-16's Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
the aircraft is only as good as the man flying it. thats why the USAF and IDF/AF pilots (the best pilots in the world) can shoot down anything the baddies throw at them. doesnt matter what fighter it is, it all comes down to training and exprience.

USAF isnt about quality, it is about quantity..
(this goes with the people of USAF 110%.. machines are good.. but personel is only average at the best..)

And IDF/AF is among the best.. but isnt the best..
(FAF, Luftwaffe and RAF are the top 3 in both machines and in people and tactics..)

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Two-ship F-16D formation over the Golan heights, still carrying USAF markings.

And Israel uses same tactical "v" marking as NATO and US..

Or is it other way around?

What is this?

IDF/AF flying aircrafts with USAF insignia.. and NATO and US using in vehicles Israeli tactical markings..

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
ummm, F-15 all the way man!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
now this is my kind of thread

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by f16falcon
now this is my kind of thread

Good,

Then you are my kind of man!

F-16s rock bottom..

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Its All About The F-22 Sorr Guys Look at this its not just a weapon its......is art

[Edited on 13-10-2003 by tealc]

[Edited on 13-10-2003 by tealc]

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Personally i like the F-15 more. Stronger, faster.....and much more. But dont get me wrong I am a fan of both the F-16 and the F-15. All these planes rock the battlefield. It is important to realize that one of there greatests strenghts is that both the planes can work together when the s hit goes down.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join