It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is what you see, the same as others see?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Something i've always wondered to myself is do i see the same way as others see?

We all know that the sky is blue and the grass is green right?

Now lets say what i see as green and what you see as green are two different colors. You're green could be blue but you only know it as green cause its what you've seen as green your whole life. Maybe you blue sky looks green to me. Cause you're blue is my green.

Now there would never be any way to tell this right? Cause we can't use other peoples brains.

I don't know it, it could be a completely ludicris idea but open your mind enough to think about it and it's kinda wild. I know that color is just the way light bounces off a surface but what if our eyes see different?

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is most likely impossible due to one simple fact. All of our rods and cones are structured the same way. Same proteins, some conformations (barring vision impairment), so there should be no change whatsoever in optical activity. This has been verified for numerous proteins by showing that the same protein reacts the same way in the same light source. It's called optically active isomers.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
bsl4doc HELLO TO YOU we keep meeting each other do you live in Italy?

I have discussed this when i was 8 once if we see all different shapes the shapes would not fit together. Becuase we have 5 senses that tell us all the same things as the other persons has also 5 senses which makes it likely we are close by thought to one another. Also history paints a picture of how we thought. That is why we can work together and technolgy works when we give instructions.

[edit on 8-3-2006 by The time lord]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
In my house i can ask three people to bring me the green shirt. I'll end up with a beige, a brown and a white. Never the green.

new topics

top topics

join