It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derren Brown Played Russian Roulette Live on TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I was gonna post this earlier, but i totally forgot.

the illusionist and hypnotist Derren Brown played russian roulette live on British TV (channel 4, to be precise) on Sunday evening. it had to be played outside of the UK due to gun laws

He showed us recordings of the process he went through to select the volunteer who would load the revolver for him

and then he sarted playing. at this point i would like to say that they had a sheild made so that he could not see into the chambers of the gun. he asked his assistant to load the gun under the table, and then the assistant went and sat behind a bullet-proof shield

he put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger

once - nothing happened

twice - same again

third time - Derren wasn't sure so he pointed the gun at a sandbag and pulled the trigger...nothing happened

after a pause, fourth time - he put the gun to his head again and pulled the trigger. nothing happened

derren didn't trust the gun the fifth time and he pointed it at the sandbag

IT FIRED!

derren did this game by asking the volunteer to count from 1 to 6 slowly and derren read his subconcious signals

The next day, the Sun newspaper (surprise surprise :@@
printed a piece of police propaganda saying that the stunt had been irresponsible and that kids would copy derren. the same sun newspaper that is the home of the famous 'Page 3'. who's to say that young teenage girls don't want to copy these models? for those who don't know, page 3 features topless models every day. everyone i know who saw it said that yes it was dangerous, but it was professionally carried out by a talented magician

any views on the stunt or the reaction?

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 04:22 AM
link   
There's already 2 topics on this, look for them.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Friggin boob, he could of been killed. I guess people have to do extreme things nowadays to get noticed *sigh*

There is no such thing as magic, it can all be explained some way.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
one of the other posts tell how this was faked
i thinkits in chitchat

interesting

top topics

join