It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gravity based atmospheric weapons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
back to where you were. harvesting the atmosphere of jupiter.

Ok this is made because i made a link to it from another thread i started at the same time well writing it. I think that if you'd like to enjoy the full complexity of my little theory here it's worth it to read both ideas.

Ok i had this idea about super gravity and super conductors right, use that to reproduce the effects of atmopsheric conditions on jupiterin a small pocket of space. that would be devastating i think as a weapon, I wonder if it's been made already.

Something that could affect the same area as a nuke with corrosive gasses hurling at hundreds of miles an hour ripping chunks of pavement and ground from the area, it would be insane.

[edit on 8-3-2006 by Magickesists]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Ok a slight revision and reiteration of my concept here.

The gravity based weapons would be a possibility if People actually harvested jupiter for it resources, mainly the super heavy core.

Because with the possibility of an element or compund that has been subjected to massive amounts of radiation, magnetism, gravity and heat makes it a prime candidat for possible super heavy compunds.

This whole idea rides on that theory that each body attracts another and a bit of adaptation. Basically the super heavy compound has it's own gravity plus it has more because it has more mass than regular. on ordinary scales you could think of this as the difference between a thimble full of sawdust or a thimble full of solid lead.

back on track though. The elements from jupiter could be used most likely to create gravitational feilds if used in modern magnetic and gravitation research. I would be so exstatic to see crap like that be invented and at the same time very afraid. I just wanted to let that theory out there though for publice consumption.

So, I'll do something here out of the ordinary i bet.

What's your vote>
< or>

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
so what you saying is that by using super heavy compounds you can create a large enough gravitational field to be the engine of your weapon?
Gravity is an extremely weak force... you would still need heaps of it to make any sort of gravitational field.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
not if the compunds are to the point where the gravity has basically pulled everything as close together as possible. nano engineered more or less. secondly that super heavey metal would probably have some interesting properties if turned into an electromagnet. Or say when bombarded with neutrons. I don't know all I know is we preobably don't have material like jupiters core on erath because of the severe difference in conditions.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Jupiter has a metallic hydrogen core. Molecularly identical to the H2 reformed from electrolysis of H2O. The high density in jupiter is exactly the consequence of Jupiter's mass taken entirely; in other words, extracted hydrogen from the core, independent of jupiter's mass would behave no differently from regular hydrogen. You will definately not have a superdense hydrogen "concentrate"; in fact, hydrogen gas is physically the least dense compound.

Lastly what makes you think that superconducting magnets have anything to do with gravity? hint: it doesn't.
So....
this whim of yours is groundless.
End of story.

Originally posted by Magickesists
Ok a slight revision and reiteration of my concept here.

The gravity based weapons would be a possibility if People actually harvested jupiter for it resources, mainly the super heavy core.

Because with the possibility of an element or compund that has been subjected to massive amounts of radiation, magnetism, gravity and heat makes it a prime candidat for possible super heavy compunds.

This whole idea rides on that theory that each body attracts another and a bit of adaptation. Basically the super heavy compound has it's own gravity plus it has more because it has more mass than regular. on ordinary scales you could think of this as the difference between a thimble full of sawdust or a thimble full of solid lead.

back on track though. The elements from jupiter could be used most likely to create gravitational feilds if used in modern magnetic and gravitation research. I would be so exstatic to see crap like that be invented and at the same time very afraid. I just wanted to let that theory out there though for publice consumption.

So, I'll do something here out of the ordinary i bet.

What's your vote>
< or>
<

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well whatever, It was a theory!
I simply got it when studying jupiter. It was a bit off so what.

But what if you could get a hold of super heavy materials and use them to contain a ferocious storm. or even possibly ridiculous super conductors ot of some material that works better than the ones we know of.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The 'superdense' element that you could use for a weapon might be neutronium. This is basically what a neutron star is composed of and is matter just made up of neutrons, no protons or electrons. As any amount of neutronium would really just be one humongous atom, no spaces between atoms or molecules, it is really dense.

As it is really dense (a table spoon masses a million tonnes or something similarly ridiculous) if you had a method to propel it at a reasonable speed (like that new magneto drive the air force is researching) it would do incredible damage to a target, despite being really small. However, if not kept under pressure it behaves like a fluid.

Follow this link for more info: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I heard of neutronium before, Haven't thought about it too much. I kinda got side tracked on jupiter. That would make a lot more sense though. And for once and for all would somebody answer my question.

What would a super heavy element (metalic , conductive, and prone to magnetism.) do when used as the material of an electromagnet. no trollish answers on this question
either.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Lol I just answered myself by thinking about molecular logic.

I guess if something were super heavy and the atoms had lot's of atoms spinning around there cores. plus being really close together to the point were all the rings sort of go though eachother timed. That would be incredibly easy space for electricity or magnetic forces to go through and possibly in more directions than one at once.

Am i right.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
it's only super dense in the gravity of jupiter. if you some how got a thimble full of the material from jupiters core what would happen when you got itaway from the core? would it still exert the same gravitational force as before? or would it be much less because it doesn't have the accumulative effects from the rest of the planet.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Unless of course the core was so pressurized that the silicates and irons as well as liquid hydrogen were once all liquid and then jsut froze. and under immense pressure the act as a magnetic generator with the liquid hydrogen on the outside swirling in currents.

I get what your saying though the thimble full of liquid hydrogen would expande into a gas in our atmoshpere obviously like it does in outer atmospher of jupiter.

However what if it's frozen and pressed will it revert back to a gas if bonded with silicates and iron.

And a side thought after reading this-
"Z machine" Possibly a fusion reactor.

What if the Z machine could be turned on inside jupiters atmosphere and reignite it. It is basically a star that couldn't ignite when the solar system formed right.

new topics

top topics

join