It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can ATS make a difference?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
To the moderators et al:

Over time, there has been many thousands of threads on ATS and all that seems to happen is they are debated and, over time, they die - gathering dust in the archives.

Why don't we give ATS some balls?

It can possibly be achived a number of ways, however the "basics" of it is that a button is added to the thread that allows a user to click it and automatically send a "form letter" of type to the relevant senators in the relevant country/countries/groups/organizations etc.

Over time, a database could be created that contained all the government representatives in each country and this database could be searched and then with a simple "click", a template form letter could be created and then attached to the thread with the relevant senators/government reps.

When the user wants to protest, they then click that thread button to send an email to the senator/s.

Is that a direction that ATS can take?

Cheers

JS

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think ATS tries to stay as neutral as possible on political issues like that. I dont mean the mods, (TC!), but the board itself.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
One of the most unique ideas I have heard in a long time......excellent work...
.....a Way Above Vote for you....

Whether or not the idea is feasable, I don't know.....alot of mailings of that nature usually get read by hired staff, so actual representation through this means is suspect...imo.

But I would definately like to see this what kind of legs your idea may have......again...

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
That's taking the easy way out and it's not sincere.....elected officials and or dictators will just gaff it off and not pay any attention to it. Straight to the trash bin. Good idea though

Imo, ATS does not need all the heat that would be brought down from many governments...especially in the middle east.

There's another way...just google up your reps contact information and write him yourself.

Anyways, ATS does make a difference, a huge difference

[edit on 8/3/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
DaFunk13:

I agree with you, however it would not be ATS who would be the involved - it would be the users themselves.

If the emails also contained a link to the thread then hopefully these government reps might even read them.

MemoryShock:

Thanks for the way above

Cheers

JS

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
SportyMB:

>That's taking the easy way out and it's not sincere

That's how a lot of lobbying takes place sporty. A traditional form is to get sigantures. This is the same thing.

>elected officials and or dictators will just gaff it off and not pay any attention to it. Straight to the trash bin.

They can't ignore thousands or hundreds of thousands of emails - not very good PR.

>Good idea though

Thanks

>Imo, ATS does not need all the heat that would be brought down from many governments...especially in the middle east.

ATS shouldn't get the heat if it was done right. I'm not talking letters of thread or hatred either - I'm talking about political letters - political letters of influence.

>There's another way...just google up your reps contact information and write him yourself.

Sure, we can all do that but why not do it once and provide it for all in an easy form.

>Anyways, ATS does make a difference, a huge difference

I know it does, but has it actually influenced?

Cheers

JS

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Spamming politicians with form letters isn't the way to get things done. If anything, it will build a grudge of resentment against us, and after about 5 such emails, they would simply block ATS from contacting them anyways.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Can ATS make a difference?

Every penny that the amigo's could be putting into their own pocket to turn a profit, is put into charity where it is used to help those in need.

This is a difference.

Probably one of the biggest differences you could hope for.

Your not going to change the world by sending a letter to a senator, but with a dollar you could change the world for one little boy or girl.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Oh well...

From the massive amount of responses from the moderators, it seems that my question has answered itself.

Cheers

JS

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Simple: Government do not care.

ATS might be a large site, I do believe it's about 1.8million unique IP hits per-day. Yet, when compaired to roughly 60million people in the United Kingdom or roughly 300million in the United State's it is nothing.

To be fair, ATS is just a place where I post things if I want to make a difference I bother to attend conferences on war or directly speak to the MPs in the U.K. and so on and so fourth.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace
To the moderators et al:

Over time, there has been many thousands of threads on ATS and all that seems to happen is they are debated and, over time, they die - gathering dust in the archives.

Why don't we give ATS some balls?

It can possibly be achived a number of ways, however the "basics" of it is that a button is added to the thread that allows a user to click it and automatically send a "form letter" of type to the relevant senators in the relevant country/countries/groups/organizations etc.

Over time, a database could be created that contained all the government representatives in each country and this database could be searched and then with a simple "click", a template form letter could be created and then attached to the thread with the relevant senators/government reps.

When the user wants to protest, they then click that thread button to send an email to the senator/s.

Is that a direction that ATS can take?

Cheers

JS

hi buddy ,
first of all am not a moderator.. i ll stick to YES. ATS can make a diff if they implement some frwd mail options... ill tell u an real time example... in india there is a murder crime case of jessica lol.. it was closed by the courese of time inspite of the current evidences.. but about 2 lakh (around 200 thousand) emails were sent from all over the country 2 the president 2 investigate it again.. n as a result last week the president has accepted to invoke the investigation again.. c it is possible 2 make diff.. with proper evidences n numbers v can make diffs....

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Simple: Government do not care.

ATS might be a large site, I do believe it's about 1.8million unique IP hits per-day. Yet, when compaired to roughly 60million people in the United Kingdom or roughly 300million in the United State's it is nothing.

To be fair, ATS is just a place where I post things if I want to make a difference I bother to attend conferences on war or directly speak to the MPs in the U.K. and so on and so fourth.

hi buddy ,
i think u r wrong buddy, ATS can make a diff if they implement some frwd mail options... ill tell u an real time example... in india there is a murder crime case of jessica lol.. it was closed by the courese of time inspite of the current evidences.. but about 2 lakh (around 200 thousand) emails were sent from all over the country 2 the president 2 investigate it again.. n as a result last week the president has accepted to invoke the investigation again.. c it is possible 2 make diff.. with proper evidences n numbers v can make diffs....

top topics

join