It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Pastor protests the rights of fallen American soldiers to a peaceful burial

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Here is a post I made some while back in which I posted an email exchange between me and Phelps. It must be read bottom to top. It illustrates the selectivity with which Phelps interprets the bible.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The man is using the old testament to pursue his hate agenda.

But I don't understand how in the world does he get people to believe in him.

In this time an age is still gullible people out there that believe anything a monkey in white garb will tell them as long as he looks like a white God.

Funny, but very sad at the same time.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Wow, Grady. He really let you have it in the end.

I feel compelled to ask you......now that Rev. Phelps has "enlightened" you........does the devil really have a spot reserved just for you? And how is it that you are guilty of the sin of "characterizing the work of the church of the Lord Jesus Christ is tantamount to the unpardonable sin Jesus Christ preached against in Matthew 12:31"......while Rev. Phelps is not??

It seems to me that Rev. Phelps is in dire need of a health care professional.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I just read Grady's email to Phelps.....the guy is a total moron that is living out of the old testement (if that) and is using bits and pieces of the bible to make his arguement and completely disregarding everything else in it.

What a dipstick

Good job Grady

[edit on 8/3/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
What a dipstick

Yes he is but the truth is that he managed to get followers to do what he wants them to do.

That is creepy.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

In this time an age is still gullible people out there that believe anything a monkey in white garb will tell them as long as he looks like a white God.

Funny, but very sad at the same time.

Why does this switch from secual orientation to race? can we not keep on topic? since when is a homosexual another race?

why is it within the liberalist agenda to have have racism/homophobia go hand and hand?

I believe this is a sign of prejudice on your part marg, since you ASSUME that because the dislike homosexuals that they must also have a 'white God'

deny ignorance

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Yes he is but the truth is that he managed to get followers to do what he wants them to do.

Reminds me of David Koresh and the wackos of Waco.......

I bet this Phelps has got some other bad teachings under his belt...if you know what I mean.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Why does this switch from secual orientation to race? can we not keep on topic? since when is a homosexual another race?

What in the heck are you talking about? you are so bored that has to target my post? obviously you just took what you wanted and forgot the rest.

But that is your problem and I am in no mood to fall for your rant.

why is it within the liberalist agenda to have have racism/homophobia go hand and hand?

Who agenda are you talking about? and by the way they do go hand in hand.

The man is a homophobic, and he looks like a white god you have a problem with my views? and opinions on the the man? Get over it.

I believe this is a sign of prejudice on your part marg, since you ASSUME that because the dislike homosexuals that they must also have a 'white God'

Really !!!! since when you have appointed yourself my personal psychoanalyst, I don't remember looking for your services to be my shrink.

Perhaps you sympathize with the man after all and can not take the criticism on him very well.

deny ignorance

I have, obviously you have not.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Reminds me of David Koresh and the wackos of Waco.......

You know that is exactly the first name that came to my head but also the guy from Guyana the one that in the seventies manage to poison all his followers.

Very spooky.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Why are gays joining the military and fighting in Iraq in the first place? I thought that most of these people would be democrats and against the war like all democrats are SUPPOSED to be from head office.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This guy isn't exactly preaching an unusual interpretation of the bible. Lots of people consider homosexuality something that will get a person sent to permanent painful torture by God. What else is that but hate? This guy is a pig, but so are a lot of other people. He's just a vocal pig.

Originally posted by fingapointa
Does this guy get tax free status?

All churches do. His message is garbage, but its a religious message. Is it really any different than vapourizing soddom for engaging in sodomy (not homosexuality per see, just sodomy)??

Is it any different than 'jesus is comming back, and he's going to throw all you non-christians (and that means you catholics and unitarians and mormons too) are gunna die and git thrown into a lake of fire and buuuuurn baby buuurnn'.

This guy's message is disgusting. Lots of digusting message are religious. This is not a reason to have the state attack the church.

dgtempe
i'd love to attend his funeral dressed as a clown

They will complain that you are not being tolerant of their intolerance.

Busymind
or enclosing the protesters in a circle of supporters,

How about just protesting during their church services and preventing them from distributing the eucharist and all that?

SportyMB
is a pastor using his own views and beliefs and is preaching it as if it's "the word".

Please stop being redundant.

marg6043
The agenda of this littler group that probably will soar under the supremacy racist groups in the US is to bring back intolerance.

I doubt that. Its allways a convern, but racist organizations tend to only represent something like 1% of the US population.

I said the next time they show up to a funeral let's have a group blasting them with water or paint gun machines.

Or have a protest at their church, every sunday.

denythestatusquo
Why are gays joining the military

Because they recognize that they owe the nation a service as citizens and are patriotic?

and fighting in Iraq

Because there is a congressionally declared war?

[edit on 8-3-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

the guy is a total moron that is living out of the old testement (if that) and is using bits and pieces of the bible to make his arguement and completely disregarding everything else in it.

Isn't that what anyone who uses the Bible as a means to say that homosexuality is wrong doing? Aren't they are picking and choosing from the Old Testament which of the Holiness Code should still be in force today?

Rhetorical questions.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
just can't see how he's linking homosexuality to our servicemen, those who died in service at that. the two aspects are completely unrelated to each other and there's no justification for the venue he's chosen to express his freedoms. he's harassing the wrong people, and well, he's likely to find more than just bikers and friends of the family stepping in to stop his antics. the whole danged town should show up, with the intention of keeping these people as far from the funeral as possible....
it would be like peta protesting the treatment of chickens....in front of a nursery school!! isn't the relevancy of the venue a consideration when one is using their freedom legally?

I'd order an extra casket, and another grave dug in the cemetary, and well, we'll dig the guy back up after we pay respect to our dead.....hopefully, if we don't forget....

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Phelps loves to hate. He feeds on it and wallows in it, similar to the way a pig wallows in a pool of its own excrement.

I think entirely too much time is wasted on his peculiar idiocy on the TV and on the internet. At the risk of indirectly giving Phelps still more publicity, I post the following link which is probably available elsewhere on ATS already.

ourworld.compuserve.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
there are some people you would like to see assinated, this guy obviously needs to be shut down hell id have no problem doing it my self

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

His "church" is made up of almost entirely his own family, marg. Talk about a captive audience!

Grady, I have to ask...is your real name "Mr. Pusillanimous" as Phelps called you?

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Rotten Fruit

Originally posted by dgtempe
Their place of worship is nothing more than a cover up for Satanism.

Definitely. This about ignorance and hatred, not God.

Matthew 7

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Fear, anger and hatred are the calling cards of demons. Mr. Phelps exemplifies this principle, and he clearly has no spiritual connection whatsoever to the man who first spoke these words.

Anyone who has known evil knows quite well the taste of its fruit.

Hatred Of God

jsobecky pointed out a particularly intriguing quote that jumped out at me as well. I find it particularly ironic because of its obvious double entendre:

From the source article:

He describes himself as an "old-time" gospel preacher who says, "You can't preach the Bible without preaching the hatred of God."

That is so profound that I am inspired to add it to my signature for a while.

Disruption of funeral parties is not protected speech under any defensible legal theory. Those who are harmed by this form of harassment have every right to sue for damages, which I strongly recommend.

Hopefully Mr. Phelps will ultimately come to see the error of his ways, and seek to redress the pain and suffering he has inflicted upon others around him as a consequence of his vanity.

Even for someone so corrupted by darkness, there is always hope.

But whatever his fate may be, his current circumstances are pitiable and the plight of those who are subjected to his poisonous crusade regrettable.

The most terrifying prospect those like Mr. Phelps face is the fact that they may very well one day meet the god that they worship.

True justice is nothing more than the consequences of one's actions, and it is inescapable.

Bad news indeed for those who devote themselves to causing misery for others.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Why are gays joining the military and fighting in Iraq in the first place? I thought that most of these people would be democrats and against the war like all democrats are SUPPOSED to be from head office.

I see that the programming is working well in your case. C'mon man, start thinking for yourself and not from some prerecieved notions fed to you. That might actually put yourself into the same catagory as Phelp's accolites.

I think I made a new word.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
I have seen the pics, but the story is news to me.

Will someone kick this guys ass? I think we have made it pretty clear that the people here are ok with homosexuality...at least most of em. Why are people like this tolerated? I am all about peaceful protest to spread a message, but this guy is celebrating the deaths of his own soldiers!

This should be treason. He is just as bad as any terrorist who advocates murder.

The one thing I find VERY interesting about this Baptist preacher, and the people who follow his logic, is how quickly they quote the Old Testament when it comes to judging others...and then how quickly they switch to the New Testament when it comes to tolerance and mercy for Themselves!

Edit: Censor circumvention. C'mon, this is the News Network.

[edit on 8-3-2006 by intrepid]

LOL Sorry!

[edit on 8-3-2006 by Toelint]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I really don't agree with the protesting, simply for the fact that this country alone was based on the fact that all is welcome, under any banner, religion or ethical background, and free to choose whatsoever life they desire, their judgement is God's, not man's. The U.S. was founded on the fact that government should not dictate ANYONE's choices or way of life, however it was founded on Old Testatment principles. Our very declaration was derived from it and based upon it's teaching. And if you believe in what the Holy Scriptures say, Homosexuality is a sin, and will hinder you from entering the gates of Heaven. Secondly, God can hate, He hated many through the scriptures, spoken from his own mouth.

Romans 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Definition of EFFEMINATE = dict.die.net...

Anyhow, that's my 2 cents, if you're not into the religious thing, ignore this post as it will be fruitless to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join