It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Sea creature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   

img73.imageshack.us...
I found this new articel this morning, and im not that god translater, because the text was in swedish.

Well its white and was found at 2300 m deep.
And its got hair. The soft white things are soft and nice hair.

well if someone here can read swedish plz translate. I am really bad at that.
www.aftonbladet.se...

[edit on 8-3-2006 by Reckon]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I don't really speak Swedish, but I got it translated like this:

Paris. The is white, hairy creature like hummer. (???) American divers have found an earlier unknown scale animal on 2300 metres' depths in the placid sea. The white animal is entirely blind, 15 centimetres long and approximately equally broad as an assiett. (???) The researchers have baptized the the new animal family Kiwada after Kiwa, scale animal even gudinna in the polynesiska the mythology. Researchers have detected an unknown scale animal.

Yeah, not exactly proper English... But if it's US divers that found it, it should be in the US news?

Always interesting to see new creature being found... Makes the chances of Bigfoot, Nessie, etc. being so much bigger...

[edit on 8-3-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Nice looking hairy creature

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
AHEM : with respect , the discovery of a 15cm creature at a depth of 2300m [ thats a heck of a depth ] - has no bearing on the chances of big foot or nessie being real

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
AHEM : with respect , the discovery of a 15cm creature at a depth of 2300m [ thats a heck of a depth ] - has no bearing on the chances of big foot or nessie being real

LoL! Yeah... The point is that we're still discovering new and previously unknown animal species... Thus Nessie or Bigfoot may just as well be one of those species "waiting" to be discovered...

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Very cute fuzzy little white creature!!! At over 2000 metres deep, I don't suppose I could keep one in my crazy crabs tank! LOLOLOL

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Paris. The is white, hårig-och sees out as a hummer.
American divers have found an earlier unknown scale animal on 2300 metres' depths in the placid sea.
The white animal is entirely blind, 15 centimetres long and approximately equally broad as an assiett.
The researchers have baptized the the new animal family Kiwada after Kiwa, scale animal even gudinna in the polynesiska the mythology.
Researchers have detected an unknown scale animal.

Used www.systranbox.com... to translate to english ... obviously not that great at translation lol. I used google translate first, and one of the words translated from german to english as lobster. So maybe it's a new lobster species?

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
i kind of like this little critter. i saw it on CNN this morning. very interesting looking creature.

wonder if he'd make a good pet???

angie

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Woah, that's a bizzare looking thing...what's next a mole with scales?

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Sort of looks like a mixture between a trilobyte and a scarab beetle. Oh wait am I looking at this thing the wrong way? Okay it's more like a really hairy lobster.

Normal lobsters and crabs (especially crabs on their claws) have hairs like that, but not to that extent.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It looks like nipple clamps, em love ur breasts r smelling fishy, wt've u been up to?

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Wierd looking
makes me think of a furry hermit crab without wearing a shell and with long claws

The deep ocean is so interesting its like we have aliens right here on earth

wonder if he'd make a good pet???

I dont know most creatures that live 2300 m deep don't do very well when brought out of the pressure. They tend to die after a short while.

Too bad I would love some of those multi color glowing jellyfish they have down there. Imagine a fish tank at night in your house with all these glowing animals

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
its just wierd... there is still more animals 2 discover at the open sea.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
We have really only seen a tiny fraction of the deep ocean. There could very well be some very big creatures out in the deep sea we have no clue about.

We have only seen the Giant squid a single time alive and that was very recently by the Japanses. If the bodies of Giant squids never washed up on shore we would have no clue.

Alot of these deep sea animals bodies never wash up on shore so who knows whats still out there. I have heard some stories of Submariners getting sonar returns of huge animals (what they thought were whales) but after tracking them for a few hours they never surfaced for air

Super large giant squids? Something we have yet too discover?

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if some giant deepsea creature from the age of the dinosaurs was able to survive by being DEEP down when the dinosaurs were wiped out. After millions of years of deepsea evolution, that thing would be one ugly mother, though.

[edit on 8-3-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The "Yeti Crab", as it has been dubbed, is white and 15cm (5.9in) long, according to Michel Segonzac of the French Research Institute for Exploitation of the Sea (Ifremer).

In what he has described as a "surprising characteristic", the animal's pincers are covered with sinuous, hair-like strands. It seems to reside around some Pacific deep sea hydrothermal vents, which spew out fluids that are toxic to many animals.

news.bbc.co.uk...

heres a link to a nice picture of it

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I saw a brief little story run about this creature this morning on CNN while I was getting ready to leave for school, very interesting looking.

I wonder if it comes in any other colors, like human hair.

Also, I have a question, in feet/miles, how far down was this discovered.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

Also, I have a question, in feet/miles, how far down was this discovered.

2300 meters so 7,546 feet or 1.4 miles straight down

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Ok, thanks Shadow.

I suck at converting Imperial measurements into Metric and visa versa.

I.K

EDIT:
Fixed spelling and added Signature lettering.

[edit on 3/8/2006 by iori_komei]

new topics

top topics

join