It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowy in the Sierra Nevada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I have just returned from debriefings, personell and sensitivity training, disinfo, and general tactics. Was at Lake Tahoe during the past 48 hours, hence the radio silence. Will issue hard copies when secretary gets back to the office.

Was introduced to the new DFI 2426, which should be going into service by FY 08. This will alow OPS to eliminate NEOCONS simply by locking into keywords, or keystrokes.

I was trained in the new CTRLW SPACOM facilities on the deep water shore, which was being brokeback by the pounding surf. Whitecaps were the norm.

Much snow at that 20, white out and blizzard conditions, white knuckle driving, hyperbreathing and general nervousness while driving. This station recommends chains at that 20, of which CENTCOM has not yet provided to OPS, even though they only cost 39.95.....chain monkey not included.

Yet, much was accomplished without crashing into granite walls or plunging 100 feet into the water after navigating steep grades. I remembered my snow training at CTRLMW, and CTRLROCKIES which I credit for keeping CTRLW truck on the road. This experience will help in future mountain operations.

On the way back to CONTROL, was hit by heavy rains, dangerous winds and duststorms.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert rat...Much snow at that 20, white out and blizzard conditions, white knuckle driving, hyperbreathing and general nervousness while driving. This station recommends chains at that 20, of which CENTCOM has not yet provided to OPS, even though they only cost 39.95.....chain monkey not included.

Yet, much was accomplished without crashing into granite walls or plunging 100 feet into the water after navigating steep grades. I remembered my snow training at CTRLMW, and CTRLROCKIES which I credit for keeping CTRLW truck on the road. This experience will help in future mountain operations...

Well, to flatlanders it must have seemed like a major catastrophe. To locals the recent minor spate of weather was just another day. It barely rose to the level of inconvenience.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
LOL

I guess I've been in the desert too many years.

join