It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran achieves stealth technology!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Good to know that you guys have achieved stealth tech.
But the best way to use this technology is to apply stealth to some of the mad mullahs to make them invisible!

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
They hijacked a trunk on ti's way to Langley with some grey paint in it labelled "for F-22 Raptor", they painted all their equipment and they think they have stealth technology.

haha thats awesome

justin

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
They hijacked a trunk on ti's way to Langley with some grey paint in it labelled "for F-22 Raptor", they painted all their equipment and they think they have stealth technology.

Stealth technology? I didn't know the Iranians had started disguising their military hardware with Burkhas?!

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
lets just forget it! mods please close this thread down. theres no reason for it anymore.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran
lets just forget it! mods please close this thread down. theres no reason for it anymore.

Well what did you expect when you posted some half baked article which provides almost no information. You set yourslef up claiming this was somehow proof that Iran was going to be at the forefront of stealth technology.

Find something ewlse to back you up, if you want this thread to be taken more seriously.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Since Stealth implies a first strike weapon, would it not make sense to kind of keep that to yourself? PSYOPS Indeed.

Oh and Mehran, you come in here with an attitude trust me, on ATS you are going to get back more than you spit out; watch the tone chief.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Mehran,

It all depends.

First on the public interpretation of how the capability might be used. 2,500-3,000km ballistic missiles with nuclear tips in an era where Iraq is no longer a threat seems boldly aggressive to say the least but is at least overt.

OTOH, even a 1,500km cruise weapon based on Styx/Silkworm technology but with 'stealth coatings' opens another can of worms which invites expansion of any war, less by the nature of the warhead than the national airspace which the vehicle flies through as much as over.

The second problem arises from the level to which you're 'normalized' as an international presence. You seem content to say nothing in your defense as regards your known support of multiple international terror organizations through well documented 'terrorism conventions'. In a post 9/11 world, that will never do and it only serves to highlight the fact that you are too small to walk openly as an aggressor-capable nation. And thus 'might as well be' _stopped_ from being a covert one.

Iran the weak, small, vicious, paranoid, mafia-like country. Driven as much as led by men in powersuits and robes is not someone who has enough gravitasse to be trusted with sneak-thief weapons systems that allow her to strike without acknowledgement.

Change that image by either making a case for your need for stealth and nuclear weapons, openly. Or by renouncing them, as a function of recognition within a larger world community.

And the certainty that you have done what most of the Arabs on the other side of the Gulf have failed to (create an industrially capable society) will be seen in a much different light WITHOUT THE NEED to emphasize what you do solely as a function of militarism.

KPl.

P.S. While there are significant structural and aerodynamic penalties that are hard to compensate for outside of dedicated designs, do not be so naive as to think that LO is unavailable simply because the item in question is not deliberately composite/facetted/planform controlled. A good thick coat of _commercial_ absorber/SWAM, such has been available for TV and Radio broadcast facilities since the 60's can reduce the apparent signature (and detection threshold range) of a fairly conventional AShM or CM by 20%. When you are operating in a profile that already limits the local horizonline exposure to threat radars. And able to 'time' your attacks in windows of AEW coverage (where present). It is possible to get the missile to the target before a layered defense (airborne CAP, QRA, Medium SAM, terminal defenses) can achieve full lethality overlap.

One need only remember the 'shopping mall' attack by the halfblind, technology starved. Iraqis during OIF to understand the threat.

In this case, the Iranians have the capability (which is to say money and time) to make the /targeting/ work. So it is simply a function of whether they feel sufficiently pressured as to (say) attack Saudi principal refining/lading facilities at Dharan.

Where you are dealing with a first strike ability to disable a key economic facility (similar to the damage done to Katrina'd Lousiana stations) Stealth only has to work 'good enough' to score the first blow. After which any damage you do in return or as an additive to (say) a CM strike on Iranian nuclear facilities only serves to poke that paranoid into psychosis of seeming 'imminent justification'.

In this, Iranian pretenses towards stealth have a further political motive in that IF we go in (or the Israeli's do) and IF we are successful in taking out all five principal sites. And particularly IF there is the slightest radioactive contamination; they have the perfect justification for having a similar ability to hostage countervalue as much as force targets.

Which could put the Saudi's in particular in a bad way for having supported a pro-Crusader/Israeli force in action against another Islamic power. Something they are already guilty of in the eyes of much of that part of the world.

Never dout that, 'deep down' (at the heart of their leadership) the Iranians are just as vicious and savage and brutal minded as the rest of the ME. It's just that they are significantly smarter in playing all cards with a Machiavellian brilliance of timing and offset accusatory displacement of causality and effects.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Isn't it totally obvious?

The Iranians are now said to have stealth technology. Therefore, when they've been smitten because of their nukular weapons, the US won't even need an apology for not finding them. They're invisible!

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
can i just point out, that US invented and use this tech, so im 99.9% sure they also have the radar systems to detect it also, so basicly to the US this release of info had the top brass laughing there asses off, if its true in the first place.

plus what they have now unknown to the public is about 50 years ahead of current tech.

sorry to urinate on your bombfire

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Even if Iran did achieve stealth technology they are running almost 20 years behind the USA. Iran wouldn't be able to use this technology for at least 10 years and if the USA really did want an invasion, they aren't waiting 10 years. In fact it would be closer to 10 days.

The USA is far more powerful than Iran.
The USA has troops in 2 boardering countries next to Iran.
The USA has a bigger army than Iran
The USA has nuclear weapons - Iran doesn't yet
The USA has a bigger Air Force
China and Russia aren't going to risk war with the USA over Iran...
The USA has better technology
If the USA did invade Iran, it would be a larger coalition than Iraq.
If the USA did invade Iran, they wouldn't hang around for very long, would be more like a massive war where no one is spared.

Not looking good for Iran IMO. I think we'll start seeing alot more propaganda as the Iranians become more worried about the situation they are in. Iraq did it too (remember the Information minister?), look where they are now.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by u4ria
can i just point out, that US invented and use this tech, so im 99.9% sure they also have the radar systems to detect it also, so basicly to the US this release of info had the top brass laughing there asses off, if its true in the first place.

plus what they have now unknown to the public is about 50 years ahead of current tech.

Go to the ufos/conspiracies fora..

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
ye right stealth tech
what a load of #

next we will se colon powl or what ever saying that they pose a massive threat
no doubt there will be some bombing in melboune due to the commonwealth games and it will all escalate from there

i smell another iraq invasion misinfo thing
sigh
what a crappy world we live in

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
www.globalsecurity.org...

The Shafaq is a sub-sonic aircraft, made of radar-absorbing material. It has a large leading edge root extension (LERX) and a root aft of the wing which gives it an unusual circular sub-section. A 1/7 scale model of the Shafaq has already completed testing in the AUC's wind tunnel and pictures have already been revealed which show that a Full-scale model has already been built. The Shafaq will be built in several variants which include a Two-Seater Trainer, Two-Seater Light Attack and a One-Seater Light Attack variant. Roll-out of the first prototype is scheduled for 2008. In August 2004 it was reported that the Shafaq prototype jet was ready for flight.

Perhaps this is the plane you are referring to? Hardly a stealth aircraft and not even an orginal design.

Plus this is only the second self produced aircraft to come out of Iran, and it isn't even their's really, it is Russian.

Tell you what though, you come up with a reputable link and info on what the plane is, pictures, etc... and I will give it reasonable thought.

Now what's going on with the stealth subs Iran is working on???

You aren't Iranian Monitor or Simply Ken are you?

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran

Originally posted by cyberdude78
That's odd. For a story that should have massive implications you'd think that there would be a bigger news article. Something's a bit fishy about this, but I'll withhold judgement for now.

dude they ahcieved it but they arent going to release a full article or statement until they do their first test of it or something like that which metioned above. they said it will also be live on television so we'll see how it goes. You have to give it props to Iran dude. 30 years of sanctions and arms embargo and look what we have done. amazing.....

yes, look what Iran has managed to do....provide no rights whatsoever to women, hang homosexuals for being...homosexual, behead women for committing adultery, opress all citizens with their tyrannical rule, etc... amazing country!

way to go.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I read a lot of posts by a lot of insecure children!
I read the opening thread a couple of times, and nowhere did I see where it was claimed that Iran was as big and powerful as the U.S.
What I do see is an interesting article contributed by a member who is a freakin Proud Iranian who is showing off his country's wares. You might not think it is impressive compared to the toys the U.S. has, but remember that we have been building toys for a long time and have spent a LOT of money in doing it - money most countries can only dream about spending.

If you can't set your highschool rivalry attitudes aside, why are you in the weaponry section to begin with?

Freakin' grow up! The political forums are down the hall and to the right. Try and discuss the weapons and their platforms here; those are the things we come to this forum to appreciate, not politcal BS! I notice that the thread initiator did not instigate the PTS fodder. Good job to him!

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   

yes, look what Iran has managed to do....provide no rights whatsoever to women, hang homosexuals for being...homosexual, behead women for committing adultery, opress all citizens with their tyrannical rule, etc... amazing country!

Tom,

I 100% agree with you here. What the devil has homosexuality, women's rights, adultry, oppression etc etc got to do with Stealth Tech?
Christ! We've got a bunch of freaking school kids poodle-faking on ATS with ZERO contribution.
Can't we have some intelligent mature discussions here instead?
Blinking waste ot time.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I read a lot of posts by a lot of insecure children!
I read the opening thread a couple of times, and nowhere did I see where it was claimed that Iran was as big and powerful as the U.S.
What I do see is an interesting article contributed by a member who is a freakin Proud Iranian who is showing off his country's wares. You might not think it is impressive compared to the toys the U.S. has, but remember that we have been building toys for a long time and have spent a LOT of money in doing it - money most countries can only dream about spending.

If you can't set your highschool rivalry attitudes aside, why are you in the weaponry section to begin with?

Freakin' grow up! The political forums are down the hall and to the right. Try and discuss the weapons and their platforms here; those are the things we come to this forum to appreciate, not politcal BS! I notice that the thread initiator did not instigate the PTS fodder. Good job to him!

Well said TC. Was going to say something myself about the attitude shown in this thread by some, but you have hit it on the head.

Why don't some of you naysayers (and downright offensive persons in some cases) try to find some info on the interweb to prove/disprove these claims..

As Mulder said..."The Truth is out there".....

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
hey its really odd??? if the news is true y didn the media encounter it?? plz don say me it was kept top secret during the development stages...

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Originally posted by u4ria

Go to the ufos/conspiracies fora..

i know what your saying, but i was on about tech thats allready waiting to be used when its needed.
not transdimensional engines and tesla's death ray

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
now this thread is more like a fun pool than a discussion... he is kidding.. with a few words as back up he started a fun session.... when i read the topic first i was sayin WHAT ???? but now its jus a joke r something.. could the moderator close the thread ??? i guess it would b better to stop such threads from starting... it jus wastes time.. can't u moderators check out the depth of backup before allowing a thread???? ne way this was pure crazy stuff......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join