It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House reauthorizes Patriot Act

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Breaking news from Fox News:

By a vote of 280-138, the US House of Representatives has reauthorized the Patriot Act.

Now it's off to the Senate.
Edit: Senate had already renewed the Act on March 1.

[edit on 7-3-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Traitors.

There are a few things that I seen were wrong with the Patriot Act. Most of it was perfectly reasonable. I did'nt think it was legit to be able to seize records. I did'nt think it was legit to enforce gag ordes over people that know of Patriot Act type investigations. I did'nt like how they widened their criteria to get warrants. Example before they could only get warrants on for things that involved criminal acts, such as purchasing explosives, making threats etc. THey widened their power which would allow them to conduct espionage on people they MAY commit criminal acts. Such as if you are a college chemistry graduate, you could be spied on because you could "potentially" be building explosives. it used to be you could get a warrant for "the unlawful use of explosives", now they cahnged it to "explosives materials generally". Which means if you are even remotely possible of producing or possesing explosives, you sacrifice your right to unreasonable search and seizure. Or you could be a political activist so therefore you could be potentially be about to conduct terrorist acts, or to try and incite them.

It might not seem so bad on paper, but it probably is. The saying goes you give the government an inch they take a mile. I think that's true.

They even want to make whistleblowing a "shameful act".

F them, I hope they honestly goto hell. That's where they belong.

[edit on 7-3-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

join