It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the true nature of Love?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Is it a feeling? An emotion? A need? A goal?

OR

Is it an action? A state of mind? A service? A duty given in good faith by the Creator?

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It depends on what type of love you're talking about but I think ALL types of love begin with respect. The other ingredients are added as the type of love is determined.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I think love is the most powerful and limitless energy in the universe. It's really all there is and we come from it and return to it. We belong to it and it to us.

I think love is an action. It's something I do. When I love someone, I treat them with love. I respect and honor them. I desire their happiness and growth.

I think love is an emotion, a feeling I have for those close to me. A connection, a bond.

It's just the coolest thing ever!

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I think love is the most powerful and limitless energy in the universe. It's really all there is and we come from it and return to it. We belong to it and it to us.

I absolutely agree, 100%.

It's just the coolest thing ever!

Isn't it, though?

[edit on 3/7/2006 by queenannie38]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Love is what you make it.

What I define to be love, and what you define and can be apples and oranges. You can never understand it until it has hit you, and once it has.. you still can not really describe it. As hard as you try, still something is missing because you can not describe the feeling inside you.

It is a feeling, it is an action, it is everything around you.

Those of us who have it, they hold it tight. Those of us who have never touched it, will not understand until they do. Those who have felt it and were hurt, well they can be scared of it.. but they still want it.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
^^^^ Very true !

But if you look at scientifically, love is just a chemical reaction, a release of endorphins and the delusion of happiness.
Love need not necessarily be the mushy-mushy revulsion that we witness, it is also the love of study, the love of life, the love of a sport etc .

IMO there is little or no difference whether the emotion is love or hate or fear. They are mere chemical reactions that by pass logic and reason .

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
^^^^ Very true !

But if you look at scientifically, love is just a chemical reaction, a release of endorphins and the delusion of happiness.

Indeed! The emotion love is in the domain of material reality and organic chemistry. And the primary method of action is reaction (as opposed to 'response'). It is a delusion, even in it's most pristine state.

Love need not necessarily be the mushy-mushy revulsion that we witness, it is also the love of study, the love of life, the love of a sport etc.

Yes!! You are a veritable genius on this subject. No kidding.

Mushy-mushy: love which is based on desire, on need--it is of a material nature

The love of etc: love which is drive and forward-movement, mental devotion based on thought processes and seeking to grow--it is of an ethereal nature. (it is not of the brain but of the mind)

IMO there is little or no difference whether the emotion is love or hate or fear. They are mere chemical reactions that by pass logic and reason.

When we love for what we 'get' from that--that is emotion and just as you describe.

When we choose to love for what we can 'give' (irregardless of what we might stand to 'get'), then that is an action. It is (IMO) one of the advanced products of sincere application of one's natural ability for logic and reason and
is something that is only fruitful when it is a thought one has outside of one's self (as opposed to 'inside looking out.')

I hope that makes sense. It is rather difficult to explain.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I see love as that which is, it is pure, or otherwise covered with hate or other ways of making your love impure, achieving the pureness, the innocense of a child is removing all outer veils, breaking all the walls around you, you were are and always will be the purest love that is, but the troubles of the mind, the misleading on the way, the unconscious judging, creating a layer of impureness, or a layer of information, a layer of feelings around yourself, by thinking and therefor acting righteouss, one transcends, making this layer a shield, a barrier of light, of pureness, of love. Then the true self is shown. The truest love. Love in its purest form.

Love is that wich we are, uncorrupted, righteouss, driven by the purest motive in thoughts, speech and acting.

Also love has a bad side, but therefor not impure, still perfect in its way.

good luck

new topics

top topics

join