It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy charged in shooting of Iraq vet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Seems like justice is working still in the States.

www.cnn.com...
CNN) -- San Bernardino County, California, prosecutors said they are charging a sheriff's deputy with attempted voluntary manslaughter Tuesday in the videotaped shooting of an Iraq war veteran.

District Attorney Michael Ramos announced that sheriff's deputy Ivory Webb's belief that he was in danger was unreasonable in the eyes of the law. He said Webb's gunshots were "intended to kill" Air Force security officer Elio Carrion.

I agree with the prosecutor I seen the video, there seemed to be no danger in that situation at all.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I went looking for the original threads on this story, to update them, but I didn't have any luck finding them.

Here's another link telling the story.
www.foxnews.com...

I, for one, am glad to hear this deputy will be charged. What he did was wrong, and inexcusable. I hope they put him away for a decade or so, to think about the choices he made.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I went looking for the original threads on this story, to update them, but I didn't have any luck finding them.

I tried to find them too, hence this post.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
ahh yes....that's what you get when you have the fed government breething down you neck for destroying a peice of their property!! justice!!

I'm glad they are charging this guy. I've seen the video, and well, think they are right to. but, well, would they be charging him if his victim wasn't a member of the armed services and thus, an interest to the federal government?

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
ahhh beat me to it...posted this in breaking news, along with the video link so you can see that actual footage.

It was a cold blooded attack on a man on the ground. The Deputy had no justification - he was well over eight feet away, the guy was on the floor, and suddenley bang bang bang - mans moaning real bad and the deputies swearing like a trooper...

bad bad day for law enforcement. Made the Deputies look like a cowboys outfit.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
My only statement regarding this development is what took them so long?

Life in this country grows more absurd by the day.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I can't get the video link of the shooting to work (the one on CNN.Com). Has anyone been able to?

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I have never been able to run a CNN video. Did you try a search for the video through Google?

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Oh heres the link to the shooting footage.

:WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC SHOOTING FOOTAGE.:

www.yourdailymedia.com...

OK have warned you, this videos not pleasent . It will make you angry though !

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I agree seems the police have a shoot first ask questions later atitude,they are supposed to take control of a situation,from the looks of the video looked like that cop was looking to shoot someone,what really ticked me off was cops dad saying,"he should be commended and shouldn't be a review,by the way cops dad is a cop also

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Now he is going to see what it is like on the other side.........and they just love it when former cops come in.

He is getting what he had coming, he should not have pulled the trigger.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I have been waiting and waiting for this. Let me just say...

YAY!!!!!

Now lets just hope he gets more than probation like many others cops have received.

new topics

top topics

join