It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Rain of Kerala

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Red rain, strange, possibly of extraterrestrial origin.

RED RAIN OF KERALA

Snip~~

A red rain phenomenon occurred in Kerala, the place where I live, during July-September 2001. The characteristics of this phenomenon were very strange. Conventional explanations appeared totally inadequate to account for this phenomenon. I started an investigation with limited resources and I was greatly assisted by my research student A. Santhosh Kumar. We have been studying this red rain since 2001. Some of our research results are now accepted for publication in the journal -Astrophysics and Space Science, an international peer reviewed journal of astronomy, astrophysics and space science.

According to these accepted results, the red particles, which caused the red rain of Kerala, are possibly of extraterrestrial origin. This conclusion is arrived by analysing the various aspects associated with this phenomenon, like the geographical and time distribution pattern of this phenomenon and the nature of the red particles. It appears that the phenomenon can be explained much easily if it is assumed that the origin of the red particles is from cometary fragments, which underwent atmospheric disintegration above Kerala. There are also some additional correlating evidences that prompt this line of thinking, like the sonic boom from the meteor airburst, which preceded the first red rain case. Having made a logical possibility like this it follows that the cometary body in question should contain huge quantity of these red particles, which amounts to an estimated quantity of more than 50,000 kg.

Edit sorry I put this into the wrong forum I should have put it in Science & Technology

[edit on 7/3/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
here is another story about this, and well, it might belong here, if this story is on par.

the particles, it seems, are something like red bloods cells, only with no dna?? weird story, art bell was talking about it last night.

www.indianexpress.com...

the beginnings of new life on planet earth? or maybe it's a biological weapon deveoped here, and these cells will somehow obtain their dna from the hosts, and well, manage to avoid our immune system?

my thoughts though, keep going to the prophecies of the end time, when the rivers turn to blood.....literally???...and well, ya, I guess there would be a good chance of it being the end if the earth was being reseeded for the new lifeforms that were to replace us.....

weird story, some sci-fi writer could have a field day with it.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This is old news. Do a search, we have another long thread on the subject, when it first came out a few months ago.

Dont know why the media has brought this case to attention again like it was something new.. :/

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
This is old news.

Dont know why the media has brought this case to attention again like it was something new.. :/

Seriously Old News!

Charles Fort collected thousands of strange happenings from News Papers many dating back into the late 1800's. He devotes some chapters in his book to Red Rain.

The book is available on-line too. Fort sources his accounts in this book back to the original articles.

www.resologist.net...

new topics

top topics

join