It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Gods of Eden" by William Bramley

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Has anybody ever read this book?

If so, what did you think of it?

Is this the best forum to discuss this book in since it bleeds into many other topics, (such as secret societies)?

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
wow--- all that feedback

in any case--- I highly reccomend the book

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I read it a number of years back and it did seem to lay a lot of foundation for contemporary theories of "sky gods" also along with von Danikins "Chariots of the Gods."

Tell us what you think McG!!

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I think I read it quite a while ago. Can you give a short summary of the topics you feel are important and where the book leads as a refresher and for those who may not have read the book but may be interested in the contents?

I do read a lot of these books from the library and can't always tell them apart 6 months after I have read them. Bad memory for facts but great for odd concepts.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm actually about mid way in this book right now and...wow. William Bramley really did set the modern foundation for alien intervention in humanities past. He suggests you read the book up until page 150 to decide whether to read the rest of it or not. Well I'm in the 200s and the evidence and theories he present are ground breaking, even though they first emerged decades ago. Great read. Anyone know what has happened to Bramley?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mcgillicuddy

It's on my list of books to read. I've actually picked it up, started reading it and then put it down because I couldn't get into it. I'm planning on reading it anyway as soon as I get through some of the other books on my list.

I'm a huge Zecharia Sitchin fan, so I devour his books

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I read the book about 10 years ago.

After all this time I still remember it. And thats the sign of a helluva good book.

Apart from the Scientology-Propaganda in the last chapter ("The Nature of a Supreme Being"), Bramley brilliantly weaves a thread of extraterrestrial background influence through the ages and how this may relate to a group of elite that have pulled the strings ever since.

I much prefer this book to the David Icke stuff.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Yes, Good book. Like a mix of Sitchin and Maars in a very easy to read book. To this day it's one of the only " speculative" books my wife has ever read cover to cover. The other thing about Bramley that's interesting is I believe he is/was a lawyer and it was his only book with no plans for another. Top notch and one of the first I give away to those " curious"" minds.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
published in 1993....

Aliens are the forces behind freemasons and other Secret Societies.
and have caused all war & tribulation upon humankind from the wars of the Pharohs-to the assiassination of JFK...

i never read it, but whenever someone suggests a book..
i go to the book reviews.. in this case the Amazon book review where there are two preimenent reviews with differing insights/opinions

www.amazon.com...=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt# R3BKPIFB9SB08X

i actually think the old-world spiritual demons are being wrapped up as modern-day, off-planet aliens...
the stuff does not stack up imho

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The book is a great work of disinfomation, propaganda and memetics. Its really well written and seems to make sense, at least at first.

I read the book when it first came out and thought it was brilliant. I thought it was much better than anything by Von Daniken or Sitchin.
Over the years as I have studied, researched and experienced first hand the Phenomena that people presently call Aliens, I came to understand that this and works like it are at best Humans trying to make sense out of somthing we simply cannot fathom. At worst its a tool for manipulation and confusion.

I would highly recommend Dr. Jacque Vallee's books anyday over this, especially his book Messengers of Deception. There's more truth in that one book than 90% of the crap on UFOs or "Aliens".

[edit on 4/5/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I tend to agree with the suggestion that old world demonolgy is being packaged in SciFi wrapping. And I'm not suggesting that I don't believe in the possibility of demons...

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I would also recommend Michael Tellinger's book SLAVE SPECIES OF GOD . Tellinger is from South Africa and got interested in the subject because of prehistoric gold mines in his country. He began by investigating whether humans might have been slaves in these mines to the Annunaki. He also investigated the common connection in all religions to the "gods". Tellinger was on C2C about a year ago tieing it all together. This book made more of an impression on me than did Sitchen's 12th Planet series.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

i happen to think this is one of the BEST BOOKS OF ALL TIME!!! this should be required reading for everyone! even in public schools (why not? there's some books i remember having to read that were just the most pointless of works...) if this book is anything, it's a great read with so many facts that will leave you thinking...

aliens and UFO's aside, there's some of the most important history about the Freemasons and religion that Bramley states, that ALL should be aware of! it explains so much about our reality, and has an exhaustive reference list citing many scientific, biblical, and historical texts. VERY well worth the read, especially when it's only $8 at major bookstores!

i also think it was Alex Collier that said he knew that at least 85% of the book is truth. William Bramley is right on SO many issues here!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Apart from the Scientology-Propaganda in the last chapter ("The Nature of a Supreme Being")

So that's where he got that stuff! I was really confused about how Bramley could be intimately familiar with all of these Gnostic concepts and yet seemingly not be aware of it at all.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The Gods of Eden is available online to read. I downloaded it in pdf form a month or so ago. I'll look for the link.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Over the years as I have studied, researched and experienced first hand the Phenomena that people presently call Aliens, I came to understand that this and works like it are at best Humans trying to make sense out of somthing we simply cannot fathom.
[edit on 4/5/08 by MikeboydUS]

Whoa. Stop right there. I think you'll need to expand on this more before I can even think of considering this to be a credible opinion.

"Something we simply cannot fathom" I don't buy into at all. Back it up, please!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
The Gods of Eden is available online to read. I downloaded it in pdf form a month or so ago. I'll look for the link.

i feel so bad doing this because i want people to buy the book, but as long as this does not violate any terms...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

and for those wondering what all the hype's about, just read it already!

EDIT: the real book has TONS of footnotes and citations that i believe that link does not have...

[edit on 28-8-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hi
I just finished reading it.

But the author is Andrew Collins.

Collins states Giza is 10 thousand years old. Quite interesting book, especially his theories of sound & movement - levitation.

Just wonder if this is the same book? Different authors though???
Info

Deep below Egypt's Giza plateau is the key to unlocking the mysteries of the Great Pyramid - the ancient world's most remarkable monument. Built using a technology unequalled today, the Egyptians claimed they inherited their advanced culture from a race of Elder gods who lived on the Nile 12,500 years ago.
Did this ancient race construct an underworld complex that awaits discovery beneath the sands of Giza? Is this the legendary Hall of Records?

Perhaps it is not the same book?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I downloaded the book in pdf format and the version I got is missing pages 126-127.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I heard William Bramley speak maybe fifteen years ago at a Whole Life type expo. It was one of his only and last public appearances. I liked his presence and demeanor - was just talking about how he got into it. He explained that he was a lawyer who had an interest in the 'history of wars' and would just read about wars as a hobby. Then he said he started to find these little anomalies (the alien stuff) and started piecing that together and was absolutely amazed. That he wrote Gods of Eden, he explained, was in itself a long labor and he had no intention of doing any more books.

Very good researcher!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join