It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you really believe that American citizen's life is threatened by those "evil" country??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
America seems has so many enemies.one finished then another come out.

American political leader are always talking about the threat from some "evil" countries.

And I'm wondering,Does normal American people really believe that American citizen's life is threatened by those "evil" country??and why??

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Anyone that think America doesn't have any enemies is living in a fantasy world I wish I could join.

Stuff like this dont make me sleep better at night

-Tehran conference Oct. 26, 2005

Yes thats Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. In this case, it is literally true. The message is pretty clear dont you think.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Yes, and no...

There are some people that dont like America...
Like The citizens of Saudi Arabia...
they are terrorists that have been educated to hate us ever since we supported the artificial king of SA...

People in Iran dont really hate us, but the government does...(for the most part)

I dont feel threatened by any country but China right now... and that is due to the neccessity of China to take over more land, in order to feed its people... and the tensions over Taiwan.

We signed a treaty with Taiwan, and it is no different than treaties China signs and has to obligate itself to.

I do feel threatened by a potential coalition of Islam into one unified front...
(if that Unified front wanted war with US, which is doubtful)

I dont feel threatended by:
Iraq
N korea
Chechnia
Syria
Palestine
Jordon
and about a million others...

You have to remember, The US is presently ruled by people that make money by selling weapons and starting wars... (Google "Cheney war profits")

It is no different than Russia and China with its weapon sales programs...
except Russia and China usually just sell them, and not get too involved with the profits of war reconstruction as well...

But hey, when we go from a manufacturing based economy to a service based one within a decade, we have to make money somewhere... and war rebuilding is very profitable...

The sad sorry truth... but you asked...

[edit on 7-3-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Yes, the Terrorists are coming to blow up small town Hunstville Alabama. I worry every day when white powder falls from the sky that it is Anthrax and not snow. I have my house wrapped in plastic to stop radiation from the suitcase nuke.

Wait a minute, I live in Hunstville Alabama, not NYC, D.C., Seattle, Atlanta, Miami, Dallas, any other major city.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well i agree that there are too many powerfull jews but the world isnt a better place with idiots like that the Iranian leader.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Anyone that think America doesn't have any enemies is living in a fantasy world I wish I could join.

Stuff like this dont make me sleep better at night

-Tehran conference Oct. 26, 2005

Yes thats Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. In this case, it is literally true. The message is pretty clear dont you think.

I think there is different between "doesn't have any enemies" and "always have enemies,one by another".

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
You never asked if americans think they always have eneimes you said

American political leader are always talking about the threat from some "evil" countries

you asked

Does normal American people really believe that American citizen's life is threatened by those "evil" country

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Yes, and no...

There are some people that dont like America...
Like The citizens of Saudi Arabia...
they are terrorists that have been educated to hate us ever since we supported the artificial king of SA...

People in Iran dont really hate us, but the government does...(for the most part)

I dont feel threatened by any country but China right now... and that is due to the neccessity of China to take over more land, in order to feed its people... and the tensions over Taiwan.

We signed a treaty with Taiwan, and it is no different than treaties China signs and has to obligate itself to.

I do feel threatened by a potential coalition of Islam into one unified front...
(if that Unified front wanted war with US, which is doubtful)

I dont feel threatended by:
Iraq
N korea
Chechnia
Syria
Palestine
Jordon
and about a million others...

You have to remember, The US is presently ruled by people that make money by selling weapons and starting wars... (Google "Cheney war profits")

It is no different than Russia and China with its weapon sales programs...
except Russia and China usually just sell them, and not get too involved with the profits of war reconstruction as well...

But hey, when we go from a manufacturing based economy to a service based one within a decade, we have to make money somewhere... and war rebuilding is very profitable...

The sad sorry truth... but you asked...

thank you for your earnest answer!

And China mainland want unification with Taiwan.Not for feed its people,but for nation's integrity.The China mainland and Taiwan reign by different government because of the result of civil war.Just like the war between the states in 1860's of America.Lucky for American,their civil war has a perfect ending.but unlucky for chinese,the civil war's problem does not solve yet.

I don't know why you feel threatened by China.you cann't claim justice self-defence as a threat.because China is defent it's country,not threat USA.

the other way round,the treaty between USA and Taiwan,it's a threat toward China.because China doesn't want threat USA,but USA would not let china mainland and Taiwan unificate.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS
Yes, the Terrorists are coming to blow up small town Hunstville Alabama. I worry every day when white powder falls from the sky that it is Anthrax and not snow. I have my house wrapped in plastic to stop radiation from the suitcase nuke.

Wait a minute, I live in Hunstville Alabama, not NYC, D.C., Seattle, Atlanta, Miami, Dallas, any other major city.

I think you are too worried about it.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well Zhang, we dont believe it completely.

I think most Americans do think we have a lot of enemies worldwide, because it is true. I dont believe they are evil, they just have a different perspective. Our actions have caused a lot of outspoken criticism, but I dont think that they are going to invade or attack us.

IMO, the US is the most dangerous nation on earth. We have a biggest military budget, buy far. We are also the biggest arms and drugs dealer. We also have a terrible history of human exploitation, especially in South America.

But beyond all these things America has a lot of wonderful things too. We have a culture of people that will stand up and fight for what is right. When there is injustice, there is a group of people who will stand up for the greater good, and things change. It will take time, but I hold my faith in the American Spirit. The American Spirit will realize that our leaders have only their own interests in mind and not the peoples, and when this happens, things will be fixed.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
You never asked if americans think they always have eneimes you said

American political leader are always talking about the threat from some "evil" countries

you asked

Does normal American people really believe that American citizen's life is threatened by those "evil" country

So,do they???

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
Well Zhang, we dont believe it completely.

I think most Americans do think we have a lot of enemies worldwide, because it is true. I dont believe they are evil, they just have a different perspective. Our actions have caused a lot of outspoken criticism, but I dont think that they are going to invade or attack us.

IMO, the US is the most dangerous nation on earth. We have a biggest military budget, buy far. We are also the biggest arms and drugs dealer. We also have a terrible history of human exploitation, especially in South America.

But beyond all these things America has a lot of wonderful things too. We have a culture of people that will stand up and fight for what is right. When there is injustice, there is a group of people who will stand up for the greater good, and things change. It will take time, but I hold my faith in the American Spirit. The American Spirit will realize that our leaders have only their own interests in mind and not the peoples, and when this happens, things will be fixed.

your expression is very good.my thought is same as you.I believe America is a great country.but on the military thing.I think the America government is cheating and using normal America people.make normal people believe they are threatened.but actually they are not.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
YOU GOT IT!!!

What about China? Do they do the same?

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zhangxi0183

I don't know why you feel threatened by China.you cann't claim justice self-defence as a threat.because China is defent it's country,not threat USA.

actually, your country has already commited several acts of war against the USA... but they were secret attacks, that failed, and were covered up by both governments... (i know they dont show you this in China)

here is a good link, for why Americans in general feel threat from China.
chinese threat and attack
It also includes an account of Chi Haotian, China's Minister of Defense saying that a war with USA was sure to happen. He wanted it to be a biological attack.
I hope you can pull up the link, if not, let me know, and i will u2u it to you.

I like chinese people... just not hot on the government. Do you feel the same about America?
If so, then perhaps the PEOPLE of both countries can prevent a war

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
YOU GOT IT!!!

What about China? Do they do the same?

about the chinese government.They usually would not say "some country is threat us".because they have much more important things to do.such as the chinese west village development.narrow the rich and poor.it's like a society frame conversion.if they cann't solve these problems.,there maybe a huge storm,and they maybe have a real huge crisis.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

Originally posted by zhangxi0183

actually, your country has already commited several acts of war against the USA... but they were secret attacks, that failed, and were covered up by both governments... (i know they dont show you this in China)

here is a good link, for why Americans in general feel threat from China.
chinese threat and attack
It also includes an account of Chi Haotian, China's Minister of Defense saying that a war with USA was sure to happen. He wanted it to be a biological attack.
I hope you can pull up the link, if not, let me know, and i will u2u it to you.

I like chinese people... just not hot on the government. Do you feel the same about America?
If so, then perhaps the PEOPLE of both countries can prevent a war

I have seen it,thank you for provide it!!!but I think it's absolute nuts.Full of useless guess and rumor.It said china would start biological attack USA.I want to ask why china would biological attack USA???is that do any good to china????China need a peaceful entironment to pdevelopment it's economy,to carry on it's domestic reform.that's the most important things for china. And in the process of china's grow up.I think the friendly relationship with USA is very important.

It's no doubt that someone is spread "hate" between USA and China.the link you give me.like a personal homepage.the conclusion of the article,don't you feel crazy and ridiculous???now I know why there are so many anti-china posts,because someone is spread the "hates".

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I also thought it was a crazy article, and was convinced that it was not true...
but after much research, it was proven true by many other links, including HONG KONG newspaper...

I was told that the minister in question was fired for those comments. Is that true?

As far as what China needs... It needs food, and resources... (and of course, stability)
The World steel industry has experienced a boom in scrap metal prices due to china buying all it can get... (for construction projects, but some fear for Military use) that tells me, that China doesn't have enough resources, so it has to buy from other countries.
Then you have the bird flu, that is wiping out the Chicken food source for china
When you add that to this crazy Chinese Ministers comments... it looks scary.

Is there plenty of food for sale where you are living?
If so, then maybe there wont be a crisis in China...

Also, you mentioned the rich/poor issue... Is that a possible cause of another revolution, or civil war?

As weird as it is, if China was experiencing trouble with the above issues, then fear of China in America would go away...

top topics

join