It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible pond found on Mars!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
At first I did not noticed it, but after some time I noticed what I highlighted in the image bellow, if this is some kind of liquid, (water is not the only liquid thing at those temperatures), how can it stand in a sloping surface?

[edit on 16/4/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Mars has absolutely HUGE dust storms that cloud up the ENTIRE surface for months on end.
I thought that was common knowledge?

It really is and i'm as surprised as you are that some are unaware.

The reason all these sand ripples - the ones that look like water - are not completely obliterated is because the Martian atmoshere is 0.7 per cent the density of Earths.

It got the estimates saying 1% but i reckon that aint anything to argue about.

You could have 100 k/mh winds but they would move the sand onyl fractionally. Those ripples build up over a long, long time, and as such, the general surface remains relatively flat, thus giving teh appearance of water.

Well i goto disagree there as there just seems to be too big a difference between the 'ponds' and the sand but i don't believe i can prove that conclusively just yet.

Also, I find those claims of 'forest on mars!' and others complete poppycock.

Why?

They are all vertical or semi-oblique photographs that show materoite craters. This site states at the bottom that Mars' atmoshpere contains methane. Wrong.

During recent observations from the ESA Mars Express spacecraft in orbit around Mars, methane was detected in its atmosphere.

Whilst it is too early to draw any conclusions on its origin, exciting as they may be, scientists are thinking about the next steps to take in order to understand more.

The presence of methane has been confirmed thanks to the observations of the Planetary Fourier Spectrometer (PFS) on board Mars Express during the past few weeks. This instrument is able to detect the presence of particular molecules by analysing their 'spectral fingerprints' - the specific way each molecule absorbs the sunlight it receives.

www.esa.int...

Not sure who you are disagreeing with but i really suggest you check EACH claim and check them MONTLY. :0 When things change ( not so often ) they tend to change fast. :0

There is a dozen more web pages to post from but i wont have to do that unless you want to disagree.

The present 'water' is NOT, repeat, NOT, in liquid form. This site will explain that for you.

The conditions for liquid water probably today exsists on Mars for at least a few hours per day in many if not most regions. I have posted links to such material in the last few weeks and it will still be on the front page of this section. If you doubt me just do some searching to discover why your claim might not be nearly as defensible as you think!

But there is 'good evidence' that it has existed in liquid form! Read This!.

No one disagrees with that as it obviously did and possibly not even long ago.

WASHINGTON -- Researchers using NASA's Mars Global Surveyor spacecraft announced Thursday that they found puzzling signs of water seeping into what appear to be young, freshly-cut gullies and gaps in the
Martian surface.

The startling discovery of recently-formed, weeping layers of rock and sediment has planetary experts scratching their heads.
The wet spots show up in more than 120 locations on Mars and in the coldest places on the planet, said

Michael Malin of Malin Space Science Systems in San Diego, California, which built the spacecraft's camera.And that presents a "perplexing problem," he said, because logic says that Mars sub-zero temperatures and thin atmosphere should have kept those wet spots from ever forming.

The wet spots, which turn up in 200 to 250 different images from the Global Surveyor spacecraft, "could be a few million years old but we cannot rule out that some of them are so recent as to have formed yesterday," Malin said.

www.space.com...

And now, I will repeat my earlier post:
Have a look at mine, then cop a gawk at the hi-res. That is not a puddle of water!
I am surprised that this debate has gone on so long.

Well i am surprised you seem so sure of yourself considering just the number of mistakes you made in just this post. I am also surprised this debate has gone on so long and it's lucky that i arrived to clear it up.

Stellar

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Liquid water can't exist in abundance on the martian surface. The only place liquid water exists on the surface is in minute amounts around the edge of underground ice sheets.

Sorry but u can´t say that, because if u ever seen Mars u would have seen the Ice in the Poles.

Then u can have water in the form of ice or even liquid 2 meters down the ground.

And for the possible edge u are talking about for sure is in the riges and in the avalaches of matrial that erosion break apart and displays the fresh material beneath.

ThX

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I found this image on nasa's web site. Is this a small hint they are giving us, that water is infact on mars?

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marsman
I found this image on nasa's web site. Is this a small hint they are giving us, that water is infact on mars?

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Classic!

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Here is an old thread I made about trees on mars, Great pics, check it out
Yeah! TREES!!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mars rocks, any way you look at it!

Are they really and why do you believe that these are rocks even if they look nothing like rocks. Now i have looked at your past posts and you did not always believe they were 'rocks' so i am wondering what changed your mind?

Stellar

You misunderstood my last statement, Mars ROCKS!!! I mean like its a very cool place.
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I had to respond.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Martini
Did anyone see the little black object flying in the left upper corner?

I enlarged it, but it is still a bit unclear

users.skynet.be...

yes i saw it martini, im thinking its a bit of equipment overhanging though!

cheers

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
If theres water on mars why don't they show colour pictures to see what liquid? If theres water on mars why don't nasa take all the gases of mars put them in a chamber and see what they create?

The puddles you are seeing can be red dust that has formed a rock thats smooth, it can be lava from mars' core.

All listen: Why hasn't Nasa evaluated all these things and told us WHY to beleive them?

thank you

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by yougenius
If theres water on mars why don't they show colour pictures to see what liquid?

Then everyone will know for sure and they don't want them to know?

If theres water on mars why don't nasa take all the gases of mars put them in a chamber and see what they create?

They have done such atmospheric tests and liquid water is possible even under their current ( falsified) Martian atmospheric conditions.

The puddles you are seeing can be red dust that has formed a rock thats smooth, it can be lava from mars' core.

Lava is not transparent and it does not show wind or current 'rippling' effects.

All listen: Why hasn't Nasa evaluated all these things and told us WHY to beleive them?

I am not sure i understand your question but basically i think they have evaluated all these issues and understand the reality of Martian atmospherics very well.

Stellar

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
From what I can tell, the figures that NASA gives for Martian atmospheric temperatures are, in fact, false. I've always had that hunch, and John Lear's testimony has helped me believe it completely. I believe very firmly that the atmospheric pressure of Mars that NASA has told us is, in fact, completely fabricated. I believe that the atmospheric pressure of Mars is much higher than it is, possibly as high or even higher than Earth's. Think about it. It explains so much. It explains the "trees on Mars" photos. It explains the pictures that surely look like standing water on Mars. It explains how global dust storms are possible. It explains how dust devils are so frequent on Mars.

NASA is lying to you. I can't prove it, but I know it. NASA knows there is life awaiting on Mars. They simply aren't ready to tell humanity. Humanity isn't ready to know of life on Mars, because if they know there is life on Mars, that means there is a near infinity of life in the universe. With a near infinity of life in the universe, that means there is a nearly infinite number of intelligent species out there. That means that nearly an infinite number of species are smarter than us. That means that UFO's HAVE to be real, since the universe is teeming with life. That means that government conspiracy will be extremely likely, even by the biggest skeptics. It won't end. It we find life ANYWHERE, that means there is life almost everywhere.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join