It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artwork

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I have this idea for a new board: Member's artwork. I guess mainly CG artwork, but other stuff as well, as long as it is somehow related to ATS or Conspiracies. Could prove pretty interesting?

Thoughts anyone? (Mods, Supermods?)

[edit] Trying to get this as my signature, just checking to see if it could work in a post...

Yeah! A bit oversized though
needs work on the transparency too...

[Edited on 8-10-2003 by operatoreleven]

[Edited on 8-10-2003 by operatoreleven]

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 03:17 AM
link   
The art idea is good but why does it have to be related to conspiracy?

Why don't you make the conspiracy just one section on your site?

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
But I'm biased in that decision... I have almost 15 years experience in graphics (both computer animation and hand drawn); but by going through the majority of the postings, why limit it to just conspiracies? Maybe each catagory could have its own art gallery... that'd probably be simplier on the contributors, but probably not for the moderators/ programmers.

Oh well... anyway, it'd be fun and interesting, no matter what is done!

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Sooth: ofcourse! Every catagory with it's own art section! Why didn't I think of that?

Don't know if it would be difficult technically , but as far as avatars' concerned I think a lot of ppl here on ATS has a creative streak

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I personally think that's an incredible idea. There is no reason why the ATS community shouldn't expand in that way. I would be up for pushing this idea to william and the other powers that be. I think it would be really special to have people exchanging their creative art in this community whether or not it is related to conspiracys. . . . .

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'll vote for it operator. Sounds like a brilliant opportunity for people to show of his/her talents. I love seeing all the different avatars people have come up with. Why not take it one step further.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
thats an interesting idea.. maybe members could request other members to design them avatars or something... sounds interesting!!

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The Artwork idea sounds good. It wouldn't have to be limited to conspiracy, we can do aircraft/space craft, people/alien portraits. There should be catagories, so we don't end up with Xrated art. There are places that do nothing but display artwork, maybe ATS should join a ring, instead of displaying on this site, just link to our ATS artwork ring.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by iconoclast
There should be catagories, so we don't end up with Xrated art.

Some of me best artwork is xrated!

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
YEH! I'm glad all you guys are interested. We gotta get alot of people to for the idea. We shouldn't limit it to ideas inspired by things related to the site. WE could even have votes for the best artwork. All it really needs is a thread and then people can just upload their stuff for a while ( say a 3 - 5 day period) and then a new posting can start for different work so people can vote for their favourite weekly submissions to the section. It's and idea anyhoow. . . . .

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
*15,15*
I will gladly support an ATS art section ( I can't draw pretty stuff, just engineering stuff and architecture).
It sounds like a wonderful idea!

ATS ARTWORK HAS MY FULL SUPPORT (assuming it's not illegal)

Good luck earth, operator, great Idea!

- Tass *40*

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
cheers tassadar.

Ok anyone who reads this thread and agrees please leave a comment. I really want to petition this together , get some support cause i think this could be really good!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
yeah i'm up for it although my art isn't pretty paintings and drawings it tends to be harsh scuptures or would be if i had the money for the materials i normally work out of wood and scrap metal not so easy to post but i could take photos and upload
good idea go for it i'd love to see the work people have done and doing although a lot of work will be fictional and a lot of the forums are meant to be factual i think we should be a loud to do fantasy art work and sci fi art work a long with other fictional art forms

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Thanks for all the feedback guys, glad to see this idea being supported by so many!

So many good suggestions! I kinda liked the idea of maybe doing it in different sections, so the artwork would reflect upon the specific subject matter.

The Neo: alas I don't have my own site, don't know much about web programming, but an (CG)art section on our favourite site?? Sounds like a winner to me!

Anyway...To everyone: how could this fly? You need support, obviously. A poll? Then if enough support, contacting a SuperMod, or? And then how could we make sure it would be structured / integrated in a way that would meet the standards of ATS?

I would love to discuss these matters, and see this concept, becoming a part of ATS.

Feel free to U2U me, anyone.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
we could just start a thread where people can upload and post their work man.
i may do that...i may not.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I use to draw and paint alot not so much now,but yes i would be interested...

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I'd be interested, depending on how it was presented. I've already been uploading my own artwork to UniversalFiction.co.uk for years now. The site has just undergone an overhaul so all the old stuff is offline at the moment....but yeah... I'll be keeping an eye on this thread

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I'm working on a drawing that I'll post soon...if not in such a forum...then in Chit-Chat...

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I think that is a great idea myself, though as a pen and ink
artist, scanned pieces should be included. One would only need
to categorize the CG from the paint, ink or by whatever other
mediums that would-be artists on ATS provide. Cheers all!

[Edited on 16-10-2003 by Lucifer]

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   
its really good to see so many people interested but I started an art thread in Chit chat and noone was interested. I put up some of my photography work to get the ball rolling!! Dammit!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join