It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the word's most dangerous terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Source

Delivery drivers, chicken farmers, sack makers, taxi drivers and students. Their weapons of mass destruction include battery chargers, Casio watches, and Peanut oil

According to the report (pdf) conducted by counsel to two of the detainees at Guantanamo, 40% of inmates have no definitive connection with al Qaeda at all.

And so now it is being reported that under an enormous amount of pressure the Pentagon has finally been "forced" into releasing further information about the inmates being held in the Gulag in Cuba.

Although the vast majority of the detainees deny any links with or knowledge about Al Qaeda or the Taliban, Dick Cheney has said "They're bomb-makers... They're facilitators of terror. They're members of al-Qaida and the Taliban. If you let them out, they'll go back to trying to kill Americans."

And

The evidence backing up Cheney's claims is astounding. Let's take a look at some of the overwhelming and compelling facts that make it clear just how dangerous the Guantanamo detainees are.

Mohammed Gul, a former supermarket delivery driver and small time farmer was arrested at his home in eastern Afghanistan. US and Afghan forces found a Kalashnikov rifle in his house, and that made him a suspect in attacks carried out by the Taliban because they use the same guns. oooooooooo he's evil. No matter that the country was littered with these weapons throughout the seventies and eighties during the Russian invasion and literally every farmer has one.

In my opinion they are going to have to let these people go. Then again, if they let him go they will pick up arms and go to war undoubtedly.

What a mess!!!!! I've never seen such a mess in my life.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Some are asking for political asylum. The notion is when they are released to their home countries, they will be seen as traitors and killed.

Some detainees at Gitmo fear being returned home

[edit on 7-3-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
So does that mean that all of them are innocent? No links to Al Qaeda? 40% does not equal to 100%.
O yeah if I remember correctly Regenmacher, we have released hundreds of prisoners from Gitmo, and they weren't killed when they stepped on their own home soil.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Come on now guys, you know better than that. Its easy to oversimplify these guys and make the statement.

But lets do this with a few more of the worlds figures you guys have omitted:

Hitler: Was an artsist, he painted flowers for pete's sake.

Stalin: Was an accountant. Had a wonderful voice and sang at his church!

John Wayne Gacy: Was a clown!!! Performed at kids parties!

Osama Bin Laden: Had a degree in public administration

Benito Mussolini: Was a novelist!! Wrote a about love in The Cardinal's Mistress

I can do this all day you know, about anybody. So for you guys to say "They were just farmers..." is all bunk. They may be farmers and peasants AS WELL as being a terrorist.

Those sure are pretty pictures of flowers by Hitler, he must be innocent...

[edit on 7-3-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The point here Skip, is that these people are still human beings, and as leaders of the free world, we do not herd fellow human being into cages by the hundreds without first giving them a fair trial. Being an armed Muslim in that crazy dangerous part of the world is not reason enough to put them behind bars. Some deserve a 6x8 no doubt, but to just rush in slapping handcuffs on every person with a turban and a rifle in the closet is close to putting Japanease Americans into camps during WWII. We all remember this right?

How does it go again???
"Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it."

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
The point here Skip, is that these people are still human beings, and as leaders of the free world, we do not herd fellow human being into cages by the hundreds without first giving them a fair trial...

But you are wrong, the point of this thread is not what you say. The story maybe, but not this thread.

Quote:
"Delivery drivers, chicken farmers, sack makers, taxi drivers and students. Their weapons of mass destruction include battery chargers, Casio watches, and Peanut oil"

That implies these poeple are not terrorists definitively and that they are not capable of what they have been acused of. It discredits what they may have done. YOUR point is not the same as the posters.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well then, if you advocate putting all these "terrorists" behind bars, then why are you sitting behind a computer screen rather than fighting bad-guys?

If every Muslim in Iraq, or Afghanistan, with a soviet rifle and a distaste for American foreign policy is a terrorist we better build some more prisons.

YAY PRISONS!

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
So now it's official? Confirms what we all knew all along - people arrested on the merest suspicion, association or just 'looking like someone in a video' have been tortured, brutalised, ilegally-detained and denied their liberty.

If, say, Iran did this to US citizens because the Iranians thought they were criminals it's be called a crime and something would be done..... oh hang on that WAS a crime wasn't it ??!?

It stinks, you guys know it stinks and you need to charge these people or release them now if you're not to be seen as the pariahs of the civilised world.

Shame on the US government and shame on the US people for allowing it in their name.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
Shame on the US government and shame on the US people for allowing it in their name.

And shame on you guys for falling into this media trap hook line and sinker. Its all spin, and its been spun to death.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yeah, we cram a bunch of UNCONVICTED humans into cages, and they are spinning it to look bad. Jeez...wake up guys.

There is no spin to that pal. We rushed in, jailed every male with a turban and a beard and have yet to try them....years later. The only spin is the candy coating you are trying to put on this turd...but hey, whatever helps you justify this enough to sleep soundly Skip.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Skip you seem to think this is all fine while it's the US oppressing people from other countries but if it was the other way 'round presumably you'd object or send in a 'special forces' snatch squad?

It's not spin, a media conspiracy, or people 'getting at you' - it's the US military finally being forced to admit what they've been up to at Guantanamo for the last 5 years and,as it say, it stinks.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

There is no spin to that pal. We rushed in, jailed every male with a turban and a beard and have yet to try them....years later. The only spin is the candy coating you are trying to put on this turd...but hey, whatever helps you justify this enough to sleep soundly Skip.

en.wikipedia.org...

This man was innocent and not even a soldier, a businessman, and his head was cut off. This is but one the reasons there is a gitmo, there are also 3,000 other reasons you don't want me to get into.

en.wikipedia.org...

There are less than 500 people there, and there are millions of Middle Eastern citizens, so I don't see where are throwing in anyone with a turban as it was put.

I make no apologies for I feel that without Gitmo, many specific details of upcoming attacks would be unknown and would not have been prevented. THis "he was a good guy" line is used everytime someone is arrested needs a rest. the old "Neighbor said he seemed like a nice guy till he killed his family with a ax".

These are not the words most dangerous terrorists, they are just the rats and pigoens. That is why they fear going home I am sure.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
So because Mr. Berg was beheaded by maniacs who also happen to be Muslim it makes it ok for us to jail THOUSANDS (not just talking Gitmo here now) without trial, or arguably, probable cause?

I dont think our war on terror is about revenge jailing/killing.

I bet they fear going home because their home is now a border-line civil war! At least in Gitmo they get fed and dont have to listen to the bombs falling on their homes.

I am all for trying and jailing the terrorists. We ARE at war. But to throw anyone in a cage without trial for any amount of time is BS. With all our might and money we can at least get these people in front of a judge and jury to determine if they are indeed bad-guys.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
"Quote"
So does that mean that all of them are innocent? No links to Al Qaeda? 40% does not equal to 100%.

If the official figures say that 40% had NO connection to al quada the you can bet it was a lot higher.

Remember, it doesnt take much for the us military to make a connection between al quada and others from afghanistan, living next door to a member or being a member of the same club is enough!

lifttheveil

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
The point here Skip, is that these people are still human beings, and as leaders of the free world, we do not herd fellow human being into cages by the hundreds without first giving them a fair trial. Being an armed Muslim in that crazy dangerous part of the world is not reason enough to put them behind bars. Some deserve a 6x8 no doubt, but to just rush in slapping handcuffs on every person with a turban and a rifle in the closet is close to putting Japanease Americans into camps during WWII. We all remember this right?

How does it go again???
"Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it."

These people are dogs, if you met them in their country when they had power they would have stripped you naked, shaved your head, and skewered you through the anus with a hot-pike and left you to rot as your entrails seeped out.

But then...you don't know that because you're a liberal hippy and know nothing out-side of your imaginary world.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
1000's are housed where? We are talking about Guantanamo here. Do realize how many have been released since this war started? There is a reason if you are there, I mean, the US is not going to waste resources on a goose chase. A poor DA is a small town might imprison the wrong man for GTA, but I am sure that there is a good reason if you wind up there.

Just remember, every prisoner is innocent and was framed, if you ask the prionser.

Remember also, these 'innocent' prisoners are ones who were idnetified as Taliban or AQ supporters, or they had attended a terror camp. THey were deemed no threat 3 years after because they would not be, and I am sure that the information they provided was helpful.

Read between the lines.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Stop it with the FAIR TRAIL BS!

We have two responsibilities to these guys. Don't draw blood and feed them. That's it.

Fair trail means lwayers, legally obtained evidence( In a war zone I might add which turns soldiers into cops so now it's LAW AND ORDER...BAGHDAD.)

Capture, squeeze info, release or deal with...by the way that means kill.

These sweet innocent farmers and shop keepers plant bombs and cut off heads.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Do you mean all the Gitmo detainees plant bombs and cut off heads, or are you talking about all the Arabs?

new topics

top topics

join