It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what kinda cell phone do you own?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   
as for me i have the samsung a570. no camera or video playback or anything but it can make and recieve calls which is nice. what phones do other members have i wonder?

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
i have a palm treo650. in addition to all the usual cell phone stuff, it has a camera (can take low res movies, too) internet, dial-up modem (through bluetooth) , cordless earpiece (also via bluetooth), it's an organizer, etc, etc. the list goes on, but i mainly just use it as a phone, or modem for my compooter, take pix with it every now and then.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Here you go, here is my baby, the Sony Ericson K750i. 2.0 MPIX camera with a 10x optical zoom and a video and sound recorder. It is also a radio player and mp3 player

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I have no idea what model it is, could care less. I think its made by Samsung though. Its in my pocket right now, could take it out and see the model right now, but you know what? Dont care, its a phone. Thats it, its a Samsung, model: Phone, color: silver.

You could dip it in chocolate and encrust it with diomonds and I still wont use it unless I need to talk to somebody. I want to emphesise the word "need" there too.

You know, I wont talk to somebody if they have a cellphone up to their ear. Really, I just ignore them. You are either talking to me or them, not both. Why are cellphone manner different than regular phone manners?

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I hate when people hold their phone out in front of there face when they talk. I understand if its in walkie-talkie mode.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I've got this ancient samsung......I'm talking 2 years old here.

But it takes a kickin and keeps on tickin. It's been dropped, sat on, stepped on, left overnight at a million bars, thrown across rooms, chewed on and left between couch cushions for days at a time.

My friends call it the "Frige Phone".....cause it's as big as a refrigerator.

My samsung rocks

[edit on 7/3/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I have been using the Samsung i730 for about a year now since its release. In my opinion it is superior to the blackberries, though I will admit it has it's occasional "hiccups" such as magically disapearing RAM, for the most part it's a stable machine with some great features..... Now I'm just waiting for the Windows Mobile 5 upgrade to come out thru Verizon. They pretty much told everyone that bought an i730 (at least all the people I know that bought one) that an upgrade to the WM05 OS would be availible a few months after launch..... I'm still waiting. Hopefully Verizon and Samsung can come thru as they've promised. Anyone else who has an i730 and is looking for info on apps, cracks, hacks, WM05 upgrades, tips and tricks check out this forum:

www.pdaphonehome.com...

The only downside to the i730 that can't be addressed with the WM05 upgrade......... No Camera....... though the i830 has one and is the exact same phone in every other respect.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I have no idea what model it is, could care less. I think its made by Samsung though. Its in my pocket right now, could take it out and see the model right now, but you know what? Dont care, its a phone. Thats it, its a Samsung, model: Phone, color: silver.

you lazy bum thats the whole idea of this thread to find out what kinda models people have if your too lazy to look at your phone and read the model then dont post.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Picked this one up a few months ago

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuffofnightmares

you lazy bum thats the whole idea of this thread to find out what kinda models people have if your too lazy to look at your phone and read the model then dont post.

Its not lazyness. Its all about priorities. Its a phone, you use it to convey messages to other people. It either works or it doesnt. Worrying about what kind of phone somebody else has is like worrying about what kinds of clothes they wear. Its meaningless. The day I spend more than $100 on a cell phone is the day I get my head examined.

I see these 17 year olds running around with $500 cell phones with $80+ per month plans. And you know who they are talking too? Other 17 year olds with $500 phones about what ringes they just downloaded. Those silly n00bs...

Your phone could land the space shuttle for all care, mine makes phone calls. And thats all I need...

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I've got here a no-frills V-180 Motorola.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I am one of the few with no cell phone.
I used one a few years ago, but when it crapped out I never saw the need to get another.
I live quite well without a cell phone.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by stuffofnightmares
Its not lazyness. Its all about priorities. Its a phone, you use it to convey messages to other people. It either works or it doesnt. Worrying about what kind of phone somebody else has is like worrying about what kinds of clothes they wear. Its meaningless. The day I spend more than $100 on a cell phone is the day I get my head examined.

in case you didnt notice the title of this thread is what kinda cell phone do you own, has nothing to do with your special priorities, which means if your gonna get off track like this all i need to do is hit ignore.

[edit on 8-3-2006 by stuffofnightmares]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The one "cellphone" I own is "Pay as You Go", which would be fine if it wasn't for the fact you have to put some money in it EVERY month or it will be cut off and you'll have to get a new sim card. Who are they kidding? So now it is just a lump of plastic, and an ugly one at that.

Before that, it had such amazing modern technologies as the game Snake, text messaging, and PHONE CALLS. Wow, just using it felt like travelling to 2030, the technology was astounding.....

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I DON'T!

Yes, everyone thinks I'm some weirdo luddite. [They're half right...]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Here's a picture of my cellphone. When I receive a call I listen to the complete ringtone before answering, and I speak incredibly loud, especially in movie theaters.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Sanyo VI-2300

I can read the news and make call.

Oh, yeah, it also has a calculator, which is pretty important for me. Beforehand, I'd have to take off my shoes when doing the math to figure out the tip at a restaraunt. People didn't like that.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

I have the Razr as well and let me tell you its a pain in the rear end so far..

The menu's are so slow, and you cant even set a daily auto alarm on the phone! YOU GOTTA SET IT EVERY FREAKIN DAY! I've gone to work late on many occasions only because I forgot to set the alarm the previous night. And the wise ones out there who'd tell me to get my lazy bum out and buy me an alarm clock....

The good thing is that this phone is stronger than it looks....Have dropped it many times and it hasnt had a scratch yet!

Hey wait a minute, who tricked me into writing a review?

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufia
Here's a picture of my cellphone. When I receive a call I listen to the complete ringtone before answering, and I speak incredibly loud, especially in movie theaters.

*sound of rifle loading*

hehehe your next mate!

And um, I like, don't like or own a 'cellphone' as you guys call it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join