It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I Be Rude To Soldiers At Tesco?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I work part time for the supermarket Tesco mostly because it can be quite an interesting place. Anyway you often see soldiers in uniform kicking about. Being a military area I know some soldiers must have been to Iraq (you could see their tanned faces in the height of winter).
So I was thinking surely i should give these career soldiers as little help as possible? I don't want these people abroad. They don't serve anything i want. Nuclear weapons protect my country (not soldiers).

I don't think nearly so many people would be soldiers if we as a society shun them. Surely i'm right?

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Wow, just wow. I can't beleive Ive just read that! Its not the soldiers that 'dont serve anything you want' its the bloody politicians who send them there for gods sake! This has got to be a troll, absolutely. And you should hang your head in shame

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Hmmm,

well since this is a democracy you can do whatever makes you happy.

However again we are all entitled to my opinion and this is mine. Blair lied over WMD so like ridcully said you should be attacking the guys who issue the orders. At the same time when you sign into the forces you are signing away your life to people like Blair so if things go wrong you get tarred with the same brush.

In conclusion. The current British administration are scum. Tefflon Tony has got to go. Secondly, I believe the British troops do deserve some respect. Many join up to serve and protect the country thus they are protecting me. I also know a few soldiers and support them in trying to get Iraq back on track even if I don't agree with the reasons for been there in the first place.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Why be rude to them? It's not like they (the soliders) decide to be shipped to Iraq!!

I don't understand why you would want society to shun them. I know a lot of military personel (not just army) that although they might not agree with the reasoning behind being in Iraq, they do it because that is the orders they have been given.

You work in Tesco, so if you are told to re-stock a shelf you do it... it's the same in every line of work.

You have said that "they don't serve anything I want". Perhaps not, but they do serve the country when and if needed.

Also, you said "surely i should give these career soldiers as little help as possible?" - Your job dictates that you can't do this anyway, you have to serve and be polite cause it's your job...

Be careful mate, you are close to offending a lot of people....

Cheers

Andy

p.s. I'm not military i'm a programmer, we have our own battles...

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I am very saddened by this comment as well. As the partner of a career soldier(one who is intelligent, religious and a member here) who has served twice in Iraq I hope that he does not read this comment.

Mind you....this comment comes from someone who finds working in Tesco...interesting! Say no more.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Liberal, I just cant believe that you're serious....and if you are then I feel very sorry for you. Shouldnt you be at work at this time anyway?

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
P.S. Id pay good money to see you be rude to some soldiers. Would be a good bit of entertainment that. Most people who saw some soldiers walking down the street would like to shake them warmly by the hand. You, I suspect, would just get shaken warmly by the throat

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I probably shouldn't post again in this thread, but at 09:21 this has wound me up.

I can't understand the logic behind your thinking.. Because of their position any military fault is the fault of the government, not the soldiers personally..

Are you a student? Are you in some kind of peace society who decided this would be a good stance to take over a pint of cider (a cheap one at that)??

They don't serve anything i want

And neither do Tesco, I shop at Sainsburys!

p.s. This is not a flame at students, I was one... but you all know the type i'm talking about

[edit on 7/3/06 by prmlscrm]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Wow!! I think thats a great idea Liberal. Next time you see a soldier walk by, you just run right up, grab him by the collar.... and let him know exactly what you think about him. Then....after you find all of your teeth and return from the emergency room, I want you to come back on to ATS and let me know how it went!

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I have a feeling this thread is going to get closed faster than him hitting the ground after getting knocked out buy a soldier.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Being so anti-war, and not very pro UK forces (own personal reasons that don't really belong here) I try to see the point here... but then some Aristotlian logic comes into play...

Tesco is a company which has more offensive capitalist power than some smaller Eu members, and uses it on a regualr basis to intimidate food producing nations and even has the power to shape the policy of larger nations like France and the UK...

So as a front line soldier for the EU Oligarchal Republic of Tesco PLC, should I be rude to you when I go to get my Frikadellen and rollmops? Oh yeah... that's Asda isnt it (no good deli selection at Tesco anymore
)? And hey... that's an outpost of a just as big a corporate oligarchal state.. Walmart... so should I be rude to my herrings?

If you hate the war, go to your local lefty party or join a prssure group or something... don't be rude to some soldier in your store... it would probably be bad for your health (and job prospects).

Q

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

So I was thinking surely i should give these career soldiers as little help as possible? I don't want these people abroad. They don't serve anything i want. Nuclear weapons protect my country (not soldiers).

It's people like you who the haliburton detention facilities are being built for, and rightfully so. I can't stand these types of comments. Just five years ago those soilders were your brothers, friends, and aquantinces. You and I(and even the soilders) might not agree with the administrations' decisions, but we still have jobs and social status to uphold. You will lose all of that real quick if you openly condem those who fight for you, whether it be thier job or not.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
That would be very petty and be a betrayal of your fellow working (class) man.

If you must exercise points of principle at work do it against the capitalists - steal stuff!

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I'm trying to figure out whether the original poster is joking...

I really can't believe some people can be so idiotic. You don't know these soldiers personally; they could've saved many peoples lives over in Iraq. And how do you know they're not against the war?

You work part time in a supermarket and you think you have the right to treat soldiers of your country with disrespect just because theres a possibility they were fighting in a war (For freedom of the Iraqi people) that you don't believe should've happened? You need a reality check in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
why be rude to anyone in the first place? you are being rude to the very ones that will go out to fight for your country, for you. what will your boss do? mabe fire you. whats next be rude to women,old people, all kids?

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
i cant believe you said that. i hope people are rude to just for being you. what an a-- you are.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
My reserves of courtesy are really being tested by this poster. Suffice it to say I'd like to shake the hand and slap on the back 10 for each one shunned.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The author of this post is obviously a troll, looking to rile you up. He posts sophomoric garbage and then disappears. Ignore him.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Yes; go over and speak your mind! Shouldn't take long!!

But before you do, phone yourself an Ambulance to pick up the pieces!

Regards

J

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Either a troll or a Sainsbury's plant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join