It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ravings.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Note: These are purely fictional. I am an avid reader of HP Lovecraft and this is how I try to write in the style that he did. So please don't worry about my sanity, I'm about as sane as the next joe (which might really not be very sane)I really didn't want to include a disclaimer as it takes away the feel of the writing but...some people wouldn't understand if there wasn't one either. Anyways enjoy.

-Aza

As I write feverously, I hope and only pray that someone will read and heed these words. The darkness which separates this world from the next is thinning. Horrors that twist and warp the very mind of the poor soul, which laid eyes on them. It is hard to keep sanity as I once again see the great gaping maw of chaos in my mind, and lo I crave its touch once again. It’s pull on my soul as taunt as the strings of a freshly made puppet. Where the strings draw me to , I dread the thought. Where those dark nights the barrier stretches thin and breaks free, the void wrapping its coils around me drawing me into it’s blissful kiss. My damned goddess… my formless void…. my emptiness drawing me closer for the last kiss before final obliteration. It chills my morrow to the bone, but sends shivers up my soul

Jace

[edit on 7-3-2006 by Azathoth]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm a fan of Lovecraft too

very nice

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
iam not sure what love craft is...

any ways, do you mind if i add to this? it has really got me imagination going!!

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
No i don't mind. Lovecraft was a modren day horror writer in the first beginning of the 1900's. His style of writing the moods of an area and enviroment to make it seem like it has a life of its own, has inspired many a writer. Clive Barker, Stephen King, and other various horror writers have read him. some of them acknowledge him as the inspiration to some of their works. Clive Barkers In the mouth of maddness had a very lovecraftian feel to it , which i believe he admitted so. Feel free to add your own ranting as I have been quite busy unable to create my own as of recent.

-Aza

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I still feel the taint of something not of this world around me. Its howl, a scar on my soul as it echos in my ears still. My body in shables from the cold clammy touch as the thing "stared" at me. Its white featureless body, and shape terrirfying as my mind screams in horror. My senses are still torn to this day, making every turn and corner a terror to behold. According to Dan I was walking to the mailbox and I erupted into screams. THought they say it was only a stary dog, I swear it was the thing, It's white milky shape glistening , as if it pulled itself from the very primordial soup it came from.

Jace

new topics

top topics

join