It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will humans survive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
is its mans destany to rule the earth or is it our fate to give it a good run? i see evry day people that make me thing we will die and others will survive. i see people building in a flood plane balmeing others for there house being fluded and i see people sacraficing there lives for a ideal and to bring freedom to others. all i hear is this is mans fault that is mans fault are we that so self centerd to think that the whole of the earth is all about us. what makes us a more noble speces than a rat or a cat? what gives us the right to think that we are destand to survive. we mus earn that title and eventualy to grow up and leave our planet but i dotn know if we will make it or if we deserve it. our survivle must be earned it is not granted and i say if we get our planet to where we can not survive on this earth we and our children do not deserve to be here

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Yes MAN will be our own Downfall.
But we will survive. How many ?
I do not know. Or would like to guess either. Through our own stupid foolish behaviour we will poison our water and our Air.
But we will survive.
If we fear the unknown you will not move forward.

DARKRAVENESS xxxxxx

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
nothing makes us any better than a rat. thats life. Whe might have intelligence but what have we done with it so far except pretty much mess up the planet.the way things are going, not sure if we'll last a week! .. i think just like anything else we will eventually disapear and maybe some sort of living thing in a few million years will find our bones and put them in museums

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well if some people keep saying that the aliens are taking over and they wanna get rid of all the people and replace us with new ones that they can control then we is finished. We will have to stand up and fight for our survival.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
We shall survive. We have survived many an ice age. We survived the cold war. We've survived despite all the odds stacked against us. We can't outrun a house cat. Can't outmuscle a baboon. Can't outsee a hawk. Can't outsmell a cougar. Yet we survived because we have something no other animal has. Intellect. The only thing I see as the only threat to our survival is a natural ELE. Even in the event of a Nuclear war, some will still survive. China, Russia and the USA have gigantic fallout shelters. Hell even if we were struck by an asteroid we could probably survive for quite a long time afterwards, unless that asteroid was the size of the moon, then we'd be screwed. As long as our population doesn't dip below 10,000 per group of survivors, then inbreeding would be minimized. The numbers of Humans alive during the last Homo Sapien Sapien dieoff, is estimated to be in the 50,000 range, which is what I based that number on.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
we havent been around that long

to beleve we can out whit nature is a verry verry bad mistake new orleans, pompeii, mt. st helens, troy all distroyd by nature. a ELE would kill us out easy thats why its called what its called. ya we have shelters but what if the dust didnt settle for 10 years you think we could survive that and ELE's go to comets(no way would we survive a comet impact), dont be so shure we will survive

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by engenerQ
we havent been around that long

Millions of years. Not long geologically speaking, but considering just how unadapted we are to survival in a physical sense, it's a bleeding miracle we've survived this long. We've survived roughly half a dozen ice ages, the floods afterwards, plauges, preditors, etc.

a ELE would kill us out easy thats why its called what its called.

Reread my post. I said the only thing that we are truely vulnerable too, are ELE's.

ya we have shelters but what if the dust didnt settle for 10 years you think we could survive that and ELE's go to comets(no way would we survive a comet impact), dont be so shure we will survive

Do you know the capabilities of these shelters? I don't. It's completely feasible to build one which is self-sufficient. All I said was that a small portion has a chance to survive. It also depends on where it hits us. An Ocean impact would be "easier" to survive then one that struck in the middle of Russia or the Midwest.

The more time we have to perfect our technologies, the chances of us being wiped out by an ELE is reduced. Remember, ELE's don't mean that all life dies, just the vast majority.

[edit on 9-3-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
im sorry but your verry verry mistaken

Homo sapiens sapiens (closest to us) first appeared 120,000 years ago

your thinking of HOMO HABILIS but is a FAR FAR cry from you and I

does that change your mind?

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The eariliest human skull found was 200,000 years old, and the first anatomically modern skeleton found was around 130,000-140,000 yo. I happen to believe that we've been around a bit longer then that. That is conjecture on my part, I admit.

Why you cherry picking btw? You take it personally that I disagree with you in your own threads?

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
no far from it i hold your statements in the utmost respect i jsut wanted to point out we havent been around for millions of years a mere 120,000 and i agree with you also just because there are not bones dosent means they wernt there and i go with 200,000 just for a little more cushon.

we havent been around for long (species wise) and all we can think about is that it is our RIGHT to survive but why

we have been given a gift above all else the abilaty to think and look what we do with it......

new topics

top topics

join