It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upcoming News Stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I know I'm not the first person to realize this but:
We are goining to see a surge in child abduction, missing dogs, eldery who wandered off, prison breaks. Any situation where if you had a electronic chip implanted in your body it would not have occurred.

I am not going into any biblical reasons for this

I think the reason it is goining to occur (the new stories) is that someone has spent a lot of money developing this technology and they want to sell it and see it implemented, at least that is the main drivers for the people who are actually doing the dirty works.

Here's another story that seems like the "field is being cultivated" for it to grow.

I'm thinking something along the lines of like a young woman gets impregnated by rape or incest and due to changes in state law and various complexities of the case she cannot have an abortion.

Disclaimer here: I'm not trying to be prolife or prochoice I just think a story like this is about to pop up.

Terry Schavo was last year in March and it seems like those ones get planned for around this of year, with Easter as a backdrop

Any comments or anyother news stories someone can almost feel is coming?

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I realize I'm replying to my own thread, but I think this news story qualifies as to what I'm talking about.

You be the judge.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Linuspa cheers for this thread.

For years I have watched as these RFID's have been touted as the next best thing, and now we are facing having them in our clothes and in the stuff we buy... and the goverment and other scoffers will have to stop now. They admit here in your article that they TRANSMIT information over 15 feet - so at any time any where we can get 'read'.

I just cannot believe we are sleep walking as a world into a way of life where we are all just a number and not anything more to our goverments. Freedom? wheres the freedom if the goverment can track you 100 % of your life? this is a bad bad development - Thank you for flagging it up for people to read.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
For years I have watched as these RFID's have been touted as the next best thing, and now we are facing having them in our clothes and in the stuff we buy... and the goverment and other scoffers will have to stop now. They admit here in your article that they TRANSMIT information over 15 feet - so at any time any where we can get 'read'.

I think you misread the passage:

Unlike traditional bar codes, RFID chips don't have to be in direct view of a scanner to be read, only within a broadcast range of about 15 feet.

It is saying that it can be behind a curtain or whatever, as long as it is within 15 feet.

These devices are know as passive RFID's. Now, there are devices called active RFID's, which can be read at a distance of tens of meters. The main difference is the addition of a battery as a power supply.

RFID's are all around us, from the EZ Pass on cars to cash cards. They are also used in human implants. For a good, short article on RFID's take a look at this:
en.wikipedia.org...

A little aside: 20 years ago, my next door neighbor was working on a device to help keep track of your kids. Long story short, he sold his idea/work out and needless to say bought a much bigger house.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
cnn.com...

Once again I'm replying to my own thread.

And once again it it a news story that I was not exactly predicting.

But, it does fall into the category of, WoW! look how great microchip technology is!

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
www.wave3.com...

www.signonsandiego.com...

www.floridatoday.com.../20060322/BREAKINGNEWS/60322018

www.mysanantonio.com...

What a coincidence, must have been a bad week for people with Alzheimers

www.mysanantonio.com...

new topics

top topics

join