It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First People and Native Traditions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Thought it was possible some of you would be curious with respect to indigenous peoples and there systems of beleif.

For those that are, the attached can serve as an introduction.

www.thespiritualsanctuary.org...

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
What a beautiful, beautiful site..the writings, the pictures, everything and believe me, I've seen many sites structured somewhat the same as this..

The only thing I can really say is that this is very closely connected to how I believe..I'm definately more so about the spirit and inner connections, then any religion. But again, most NA will state they have no real named religion, but still could be catagorized as one in itself..also it's fair to say through my befriendings with all different Natives, creeds and tribes, that most of them consider their beliefs so sacred that it's hard to get them to discuss it, or perhaps it's just so much, that one might feel another really could careless anyway so whats the point sharing how they live and believe?

Many NA take their beliefs extremely serious, so much so that even sharing with someone could break the sacred link or connection to the Great Spirit. I have been very lucky-right time, right place-to sit around fires with some tribes and listen to them speak about these things..and this was a great honour for me, something I cannot see sharing openly right now..but if ever anyone here has that chance, do it, it will open your eyes to things you cannot begin to imagine.

So what are *your* thoughts?

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yes this is a beautfully site,
I am myself a sioux, And many times have travelled to the US to see my family, We conduct many ceromonys to celebrate are life on this world. and also all the animals and nature that surround us,
We class these ceromonys as very sacred so often do not tell much about them.
its something you have to experience!
one of my best times was looking over a great mountain. while being told a very old story by a Chief..
I felt so whole...and in some ways life began to make sence....
The main thing being a native is to respect all around us
the people, the animals, and all nature. we are hear together, and one day we will all become one...we rely on each other

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Those must have been very special experiences for you, magestica.

That's a very nice site, Toltec. It is truly heartwarming to read about their ways of life. I believe their way is the purest life that anyone can lead. They consider all living creatures, plants..etc. equal, and understand the importance and significance of each one. Humans, as a whole, have lost touch with Mother Earth. I'm glad their traditions and beliefs continue to live on. We could all benefit from their knowledge.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
NA faith places most of its emphasis upon Spirituality in respect to Religion. The body and what it can do, in every sense, is a gift from God (The idea of the body as your temple taken to a "natural" conclusion).

Majestica I agree, most NA will not discuss what they know, but note that for several reasons this is changing.

Any thoughts?

new topics

top topics

join