It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only in New Orleans: from fugitive to mayor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

New Orleans -- For a week, she was on the lam, a fugitive from the remnants of this city's judiciary and from her high responsibilities as well.

Nobody knew where the Orleans Parish clerk of criminal court was hiding out -- or if they did know, they would not say. In a kind of carnivalesque charade that seemed like an extension of Mardi Gras, arrest warrants were issued, the city's top judges made threats, but still Kimberly Williamson Butler refused to appear. That she was also New Orleans' top elections official in a week when candidates were filing to run for mayor only made the disappearance more breathtaking.

www.sfgate.com.../chronicle/archive/2006/03/04/MNGSVHIKK11.DTL

So why should she be any different from all the other incompedent members of that city. This site is so quick to point the finger of blame to Bush and Fema, yet this story is part of the real truth of the disaster.

Total, complete, lack of any skill or purpose in doing her job, this woman wants to take "chocolate nagin's" job.

No wonder the city go smashed..............

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Seems like a strange story, but how are you tying this with the devastation of Katrina.

These people probably would of had limited to no impact whatsoever on the recovery.

The recovery laid on Bush's shoulder, it laid on FEMA's shoulder.

The only organizations that could of possibly had the man power to do anything with this devastation was the federal government alongside FEMA.

Care to explain how this directly caused such horror in NO after Katrina?

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Seems like a strange story, but how are you tying this with the devastation of Katrina.

These people probably would of had limited to no impact whatsoever on the recovery.

The recovery laid on Bush's shoulder, it laid on FEMA's shoulder.

The only organizations that could of possibly had the man power to do anything with this devastation was the federal government alongside FEMA.

Care to explain how this directly caused such horror in NO after Katrina?

Didn't read the story did you!!!!!!!!

Read the story, she has stalled the recovery almost personally............The issue of Bush and fema is the recovery....hence the connection.........from the article

Butler had been asked by the judges to relinquish some of her responsibilities for applying for federal money to clean up the flood-damaged courthouse. As simple as that may sound, however, she refused, and the judges of the criminal court issued a warrant for her arrest.

[edit on 6-3-2006 by thermopolis]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Yes, I read on Rense that bush and cheney sat around doing bong tokes while New Orleans flooded.

This is just another example of the incompetant people that are in charge in New Orleans. It shows that none of them had the capacity to lift a finger farther than it would take to take a bribe for a liquor license.

The Federal government is not responsible in case of emergency, the state gov't is, until the state government asks for help. This is jsut another black eye on New Orleans.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
This is jsut another black eye on New Orleans.

here comes another warn there esdad71 for a racest attack............(just kidding)

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
In the age of irresponsibility, unaccountability, and blame the other smuck, it means it's no one's problem but yours alone.

When will they learn?

[edit on 7-3-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   

"You know what? I don't think I'm the right person to be clerk of court," a beaming Butler suddenly announced, her pastor standing behind her. "I think I'm the right person to be mayor.

She is a court room clerk that wants to run for mayor. How can a court room clerk weld so much power?

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
She is a court room clerk that wants to run for mayor. How can a court room clerk weld so much power?

She is the clerk of court for Orleans Parish. It's a pretty high level job with lots of responsibilities. I couldn't find a job description for Orleans Parish, but there are plenty on Google for other jurisdictions.

new topics

top topics

join