It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada has been shaped by Freemasons.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
While I've been on ATS for more than a year now I really haven’t had any interest in secret societies and freemasons. I guess now that there is a David Icke board here I have been hearing more and more about freemasons. I haven't made any opinions on freemasons but they sure have had an influence on my country.

Here is a list of some Canadian freemasons.

Sir John A. McDonald: First Prime Minister of Canada.
John Abbott: Third Prime Minister of Canada.
MacKenzie Bowell: Fifth Prime Minister of Canada.
Robert Borden: Eighth Prime Minister of Canada.
Richard B. Bennett: 11th Prime Minister.
John G. Diefenbaker: 13th Prime Minister.

Joseph Smallwood: Brought Newfoundland into Confederation in 1949.
Alexander Cameron Rutherford: First Premier of Alberta.
John F. McCreight: First premier of B.C.
Tommy Douglas: Eighth Premier of Saskatchewan. Introduced universal public medicare to Canada. Voted the "The Greatest Canadian" of all time in 2004.

Sir Sandford Fleming: Inventor of "standard time."

Unless you are Canadian you probably don't know how important the following people are. I'll try to explain as I go.

Tim Horton: Hockey Legend and founder of Tim Horton's Donuts. Tim Horton’s is the largest coffee and doughnut chain in Canada. The chain has become a part of Canada's identity and is Canada's largest "fast food" operator (bigger than McDonald's).

John Molson: Founder of the Molson Brewing Company. Ever hear of "I AM CANADIAN," 'nuff said. Just like Tim Horton's Molson Canadian beer has become a part of the national identity.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   
It seems that they did a pritty good job.

Not sure that masonry can take the credit for their good works, but I'd like to think that their efforts have been influanced by the teachings of the order. Similar results can be found in many countries.

But the results certainly speak for themselves.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Umbrax, keep in mind that there's a lot of misinformation out there on who is and who isn't a mason. I have no doubt that a number of the early PMs were masons, however, take care to take notice of whichever sources you are looking at.

I'd expect that masonry was as big in early canada as it was in the early US.

In the US, there was a split between the "modern" and "ancient' masons, with the "Ancients" being a new and more liberal group. I wonder if the same happened in canada?

Also, you might like to know that one of the more authoritarian eclectic net-resources on masonry out there is
Grand Lodge of British Columbia and Yukon

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
We sure as hell could use them now. The politicians have screwed this country up in the last 25 years.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Umbrax, keep in mind that there's a lot of misinformation out there on who is and who isn't a mason. I have no doubt that a number of the early PMs were masons, however, take care to take notice of whichever sources you are looking at.
Also, you might like to know that one of the more authoritarian eclectic net-resources on masonry out there is
Grand Lodge of British Columbia and Yukon

Sorry,
I made this post at 1:30 in the morning. I forgot to link my source. It is actually the same site you linked.
freemasonry.bcy.ca...

Originally posted by intrepid
We sure as hell could use them now. The politicians have screwed this country up in the last 25 years.

I was reading on a less credible site that Jack Layton is a freemason. I haven't found anything official so I never put it up above.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
i know its off topic, but dont you think that it is sad that two of our companies that encompany our national identity (tim's and molson's) our now owned by large american companies, the bay is gone now too. oh well, just thinking about that makes me sad.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I don't know if we can say they are owned by American companies.

Tim Horton’s merged with Wendy’s International, Inc. in 1995 and Molson merged with Coors in 2005.
I guess these are now "internationally" owned, but yeah I get what you are saying and it sucks.

Recently I found out that Alexander Keith's, that is a part of Nova Scotia’s identity is owned by Labatt Breweries. I was disappointed to hear that too.
Incidentally Alexander Keith is also a Freemason. www.virginlodge.org...

Two of the best selling beers in Canada are founded by freemasons. If that doesn’t say that Canada has been shaped by Freemasons nothing does

new topics

top topics

join