It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good bands that other people probably haven't heard of...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Senses Fail are one of my current favourite bands at the moment. They're not the biggest band but they're getting bigger.

Yellowcard = Awesome band. They're CD "Ocean Avenue" is in my opinion the best pop-punk CD to come out in 10 years.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Not exactly a band that no ones heard of, but certainly a cult band and definitely not mainstream! I speak of course of the undisputed kings of Acid Rock... The one and only
HAWKWIND!!!

(Not that I'm a fan or anything
)

Anyway, recommended albums for the newbie...
Doremi Fasol Latido
Quark Strangeness and Charm
Levitation
Electric Tepee
Alien 4

The band has a fascination with science, science fiction, the paranormal and
ufo's / aliens and has been heavily involved with author Michael Moorcock over the years.

Here's the website www.hawkwind.com

[edit on 2/8/06 by Insomniac]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
G. Love and Special Sauce

fo'shizzlah

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insomniac

HAWKWIND!!!

Ahhh, Hawkwind! My old band played a cover version of "Hassan I Sahba" by Hawkwind. We also played it live a couple of times.

From "Hassan I Sahba" by Hawkwind

Petro-dollar Petro-dollar
Petrol-D'allah Petrol-D'allah
Petro-dollar Petro-dollar
Petro-dollar

Lemmy from Motorhead used to play in Hawkwind. It was after he was kicked out he started Motorhead.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
OK,... I might be showing my age here...... (frown)
LOL

BUT.... I had a thing about finding bands most of my friends didn't know about. Almost an obsession.....

Now, before I list some of my favorites, let me say I was an 80's Metal Head /Glam Rocker.... From one extreme to the other...... Poison to Metallica & everything in between....

So...... Here's MY list of bands that I really dug the crap out of, that a lot of people may not know about.

LOVE ON ICE
LIFE SEX & DEATH
LILLIAN AXE
JUNKYARD
SLIK TOXIK

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. But I LOVED those bands & their albums were GREAT!!!
(a couple of them only had 1 album..... *frown*)

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Quote Originally posted by Hellmutt
"Ahhh, Hawkwind! My old band played a cover version of "Hassan I Sahba" by Hawkwind. We also played it live a couple of times."

Possibly my favourite hawkwind track!

[edit on 2/8/06 by Insomniac]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
G. Love and Special Sauce

Cool! I went to see em last year. Was an awesome gig.

Got some more bands to add too:

65DaysOfStatic
A Silver Mt. Zion (mostly Godspeed guys but with a very very out of tune singer)
Souls Vibrating in the Universe (A bit of post rock banter from Chelmsford in Essex)
Jeniferever (swedish post rock)
Fight Fire With Water (a bit more post rock)
Naciente Quartet (post rock/ nu-jazz mushed up)

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm impressed, Hawkwind that is goning back... to when I was in my 30's, two more: "The Flying Burrito Brothers" and the "Bonzo Dog Band" - Neil Innes is uh, interesting.

Like Rap? Listen to a "before rap" rap - The Ozarks Mountain Daredevils - Arroyo. BTW: "Supe du Jour" of the Ozarks is promising a compilation disk soon with some unreleased jams with McCartney (and his talented brother Mike McGear) from the seventies.

Victor K.

[edit on 4-8-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ok some good ones...
VACATION band, www.thevacationmusic.com I'm a fan of the Sex Pistols and they pick up where SP left off plus totally a lot more. Outta Hollywood, California.

The GOOD YEAR PIMPS www.thepimps.org Southern fried punk funk been rocking the midwest for aeons. Toured with Insane Clown Posse and have tune in Mission Impossible II and Crazy Beautiful. These hicks from the sticks are true musicians!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I thought I was the only person outside of philly who knows g. love.

a long time ago I ran into a friend from college at a concert in Central Park and I asked him what he was up to. We were, maybe a year or two, out of college. He said he was promoting bands and he had just signed this awesome guy and his band. He had promo discs with him so he gave me one. It was G. Love (obviously). I've been listening to him ever since.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join